Author Topic: Agilent E4406A - Screen Saver?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline WuerstchenhundTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Agilent E4406A - Screen Saver?
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »
I finally bought an Agilent E4406A VSA (thanks Kev!), and while trying to discover its strengths and weaknesses I noticed that this thing doesn't seem to have a screen saver function. It looks the screen backlight will remain switched on as long as the VSA is powered up, which isn't great for keeping wear of the CCFL backlights at a minimum (and replacing them isn't easy). I guess this also explains why so many E4406As on ebay have a dim screen.

There's nothing in the menu (at least as I can see) that allows to setup a timeout at least for the backlight. There isn't even a way to reduce the brightness. I also searched in the manuals and found nothing regarding a function to switch off the built-in monitor.

I also checked for any remote commands to switch off the screen in the manuals but couldn't find any.

So it seems there isn't anything but I thought it's still worth a try to ask here to see if anyone found a solution for switching off the backlight, short of putting a switch in the power leads to the inverters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf