Author Topic: Tektronix TDS1000B and TDS2000B series hacks  (Read 65613 times)

Offline vdetal

Re: Tektronix TDS1000B and TDS2000B series hacks
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2023, 03:07:39 pm »

您的TDS1001B升级到了2022B?

Yes!

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2023, 04:01:52 am »
Congratulations, mine was successful too. Thanks to all netizens for their help.

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2023, 04:15:36 am »
However, I encountered a new problem. I have a TDS2014C, which was upgraded to 2024C, but three green lights are always on when I turn it on, and the screen lights up and goes dark for a while. Programmed back to the original 2014C firmware, same fault phenomenon. The flash solder joints were checked under a microscope and everything seemed fine. Measure the square wave output. One moment it is 5KMHz, the next moment it becomes 7.597KMHz, and the cycle repeats.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 04:23:37 am by lern01 »

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2023, 09:13:31 am »
This oscilloscope seems to be a new model, as shown in the picture

Offline Fieroluke

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2023, 10:03:56 am »

Hi,

It sounds like the scope crashes during the boot process and is stuck in a reboot loop.
Since the problem persists even with the original firmware you have a hardware problem!

Either a bad EPROM (verify?) or PCB damage. Torn trace? Damaged via? Short?
Sometimes a PCB picks up a piece of solder or wire shorting something.
You can try inspecting the upper address lines for a short or unusual waveform, because shorts show (usually you see a third level besides high and low compared to the other address / data lines)!
I assume the data bus and lower address lines are probably ok because it seems to run the boot process for a bit before crashing.

Good luck

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2023, 01:48:35 am »

Hi,

It sounds like the scope crashes during the boot process and is stuck in a reboot loop.
Since the problem persists even with the original firmware you have a hardware problem!

Either a bad EPROM (verify?) or PCB damage. Torn trace? Damaged via? Short?
Sometimes a PCB picks up a piece of solder or wire shorting something.
You can try inspecting the upper address lines for a short or unusual waveform, because shorts show (usually you see a third level besides high and low compared to the other address / data lines)!
I assume the data bus and lower address lines are probably ok because it seems to run the boot process for a bit before crashing.

Good luck

Thank you very much for your reply. The EPROM is good and the PCB has been checked repeatedly. There is no solder residue or damage. Which "upper address lines" do you mean? Hope to get further guidance. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2023, 04:14:54 am »
Reporting success on a TDS2004C turned 2024C! Model ID changed from 1E to 19.

First I was sceptical, because the Flash was nowhere to be found, but it’s just on the solder side of the PCB and actually easier to remove.

For 4 channels there were four filter banks of 10 values each to change from 07 to 0F, other than that, straightforward. Initially reports self cal fails and clock was reset, but after self calibration and setting time and date, boots smooth as silk :-)

I suspect that there is something wrong with the 2014C firmware that I dumped earlier because I forgot to verify it after dumping it. Today I used TL866 to read the EPROM again. After reading and verifying, an error occurred. It was the same after repeated several times. Can you send me a copy of the 2024C firmware? grateful! Email:lern01@outlook.com

Offline lern01

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2024, 03:02:50 pm »
In the process of upgrading TDS2014C to TDS2024C, I have a problem. Please pay special attention to it and upgrade carefully to reprogram the original chip. After I used TL866 to dump the TDS2014C firmware (the firmware dump is absolutely fine and has been verified N times), even if it is not cracked and I use other chips to program the firmware dumped by TDS2014C, the oscilloscope's self-calibration fails, but other functions are normal. The fourth step of the V24.09 version failed, and the first step of the V24.26 version failed. Welded back the original chip (the chip has not been touched, the original firmware), and the oscilloscope passed the self-calibration. It is suspected that something is set in the EPROM chip. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf