Author Topic: Tektronix TDS5054 motherboard upgrade problems  (Read 2110 times)

Offline andy2000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Tektronix TDS5054 motherboard upgrade problems
« on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:57 pm »
I'm attempting to upgrade the ATX motherboard in an old TDS5054.  The original is an Intel 810E based socket 370 board.  So far, all attempts to use anything newer than a PIII generation board results in errors on POST and an ACPI related BSOD.  Even attempting a clean Windows installation results in an error about the system not being fully ACPI compliant.  Disabling ACPI allows installation, but that's not a usable solution.

I've tried a number of motherboards including Core 2 duo, Athlon XP, and several P4 boards.  I've even tried an i845 based board borrowed from a newer revision TDS5104 (not the B version).  This board results in the error "PCI IRQ routing table error [02:0f:00]". 

I suspect Tektronix did something sloppy when designing the PCI acquisition interface board which conflicts with something in later ACPI versions.  The newer scope has a different PCI acquisition interface board. 

The best I've been able to make work is an i815 board, which at least supports Tualatin PIII CPUs.

Before I call it a day, does anyone have any ideas? 

Offline denimdragon

• Regular Contributor
  • "Hole charge chaser and wanna-be o-scope fixer"
Re: Tektronix TDS5054 motherboard upgrade problems
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:37:43 pm »
I'm attempting to upgrade the ATX motherboard in an old TDS5054.  The original is an Intel 810E based socket 370 board.  So far, all attempts to use anything newer than a PIII generation board results in errors on POST and an ACPI related BSOD.  Even attempting a clean Windows installation results in an error about the system not being fully ACPI compliant.  Disabling ACPI allows installation, but that's not a usable solution.

I've tried a number of motherboards including Core 2 duo, Athlon XP, and several P4 boards.  I've even tried an i845 based board borrowed from a newer revision TDS5104 (not the B version).  This board results in the error "PCI IRQ routing table error [02:0f:00]". 

I suspect Tektronix did something sloppy when designing the PCI acquisition interface board which conflicts with something in later ACPI versions.  The newer scope has a different PCI acquisition interface board. 

The best I've been able to make work is an i815 board, which at least supports Tualatin PIII CPUs.

Before I call it a day, does anyone have any ideas? 

Did you ever figure this out?
"Hi there. I'm short in the hair department, do you mind if I pull a few strands from your head? Thanks!"

Offline uccoskun

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 05:12:09 am »
I installed a intel i3 motherboard. (Intel DQ77MK Motherboard). It took 6 months on and off. It works no errors. I end up cutting the care to fit the connectors but it works. There is another thread here which I follow.

I suggest you install drivers first on the mother board and then attach the tetronix board.

Offline Joebeazelman

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 04:49:25 am »
Cool! Sorry to necropost, but I just started another thread on this topic. Feel free to chime in. Hopefully, we'll have a wiki on this scope.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/help-with-replace-tektronix-tla5000tds5000-motherboard/msg5173095/#msg5173095

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf