Author Topic: Tektronix Type 547 No trace  (Read 10572 times)

Offline ZalgarTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Tektronix Type 547 No trace
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »
Hi mate,

If you had a similar issue to mine it was due to the -150V rail being off by about 2v. The adjustment for that rail is on the righthand side (viewed from the front) and down the bottom between two valves from memory. I no longer have the scope and have sold it to a bloke who uses it daily.

I would also check the valve and switch which connects whichever plugin module, as that commonly stops the ability to adjust the waveform from that module. I believe that was mentioned in this thread too.
The usual suspects aswell check that all the valves are glowing, and that the timed relay is clicking over its around 20seconds or so.

Good luck, I'd like to hear more.

Cheers!

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 06:57:44 pm »
Hi mate,

If you had a similar issue to mine it was due to the -150V rail being off by about 2v.

Greeting and thank for the detailed reply and info. I gave myself a bit of a heat exhaustion injury (not my first) working on an outdoor project in this 95 degree weather and I'm stuck in bed resting for a few days. Once I'm feeling normal, I am start this restore. I also found a page by M.Martin (suggested by another user) which was incredibly detailed. I am super excited to tear it down and clean it, then build it back up to near mint condition. It will be my summer project. I'll take plenty of pics and even plan to do a few videos.
Thank you again,

Chris

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 07:45:20 pm »
Got motivated and got up to take a few pics. The only tube not on is the one nestled in the back (K600- 6N030T) which I think I read was not supposed to be on expect under certain conditions - I have to read it again. I'll check the - 150V points and report back.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:25:27 pm by Inverted18650 »

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:27 pm »
Results:

All voltage were within tolerance and the -150 was spot on.

I am going to stop here and take Martin M's advice and clean everything before going any further. Once its all clean, I'll re test the voltages and report back. I am also going to print the manual and go through it again to make sure its all fresh in my mind.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:56:15 am by Inverted18650 »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 12:36:02 am »
Results:

-150V is spot on
+100V is low
+225V is spot on
+350V is low

I am going to stop here and take Martin M's advice and clean everything before going any further. Once its all clean, I'll re test the voltages and report back. I am also going to print the manual and go through it again to make sure its all fresh in my mind.
Sometimes I only print the bits you need, schematics and adjustment procedures are normally enough.
Voltages don't seen too low to stop it operating albeit it might be a bit out of Cal.
Good progress thus far.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 01:01:20 am »
I just re-read the manual and learned that all the voltages were actually within tolerance, so I updated the previous comment. ( I did so before I noticed you replied here, my apologies).

I also downloaded and started reading the Chuck Miller notes, which are incredible. I am excited for this project and hope I can get it working a dream again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf