Author Topic: Tektronix vertical signal output  (Read 200 times)

Offline mike ziasTopic starter

Tektronix vertical signal output
« on: May 13, 2024, 10:50:08 pm »
I have a 7623A scope and trying to use the vertical signal output on the back panel in the fashion of using the old 1A1 preamp.
I find the output is attenuated - dividing the input on the vertical plug in by 2.  Is that normal?  I have seen a spec for another scope as 0.5 v per
division with 1 meg load..  I don't understand that spec.What division are they referencing?  How does that account for the 2:1 division?

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
Re: Tektronix vertical signal output
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 12:59:42 am »
I have a 7623A scope and trying to use the vertical signal output on the back panel in the fashion of using the old 1A1 preamp.
I find the output is attenuated - dividing the input on the vertical plug in by 2.  Is that normal?  I have seen a spec for another scope as 0.5 v per
division with 1 meg load..  I don't understand that spec.What division are they referencing?  How does that account for the 2:1 division?
Per displayed division on the CRT.

Where the vertical signal out is picked off the voltage swing has been normalised to suit the deflection inputs sensitivity of the CRT amplifier.  So the signal levels here are a fixed range relating the the full scale CRT deflection range

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
Re: Tektronix vertical signal output
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 01:10:30 am »
The vertical output should be 25 millivolts into division into 50 ohms and 0.5 volts per division into 1 megohm.  The divisions are vertical divisions shown on the CRT graticule.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf