Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 15547369 times)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #101225 on: September 11, 2021, 12:16:10 am »
...I thought you preferred cows to human beings, and where trying to escape the city life every time you could !  :-DD

bd only prefers cows to humans as neighbors... for everything else he prefers batshit crazy redheads.  >:D And the city is where we keep most of those.  :-DD

mnem
I gotcher back, man... :-+
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101226 on: September 11, 2021, 12:30:28 am »
Its like bd says, most of us in the UK are limited on space, houses are so expensive here that they tend to be smaller to reduce the cost of them, even then, it is looking almost impossible for young people to be able to afford to buy their own and will be like me, renting for all their life.

To put it into context for you, my room where I spend most of my time is only 1.6M wide by 3.3M long with a door at one end and a window at the other and I sit next to the window, my back to one wall (in the 1.6M part) and in front I have my bench / desk with loads of wall shelves, which again like bd, used to be my work desk during the day and lab bench in the evening. Now that I've retired, its my lab bench 24/7 and also my dinner table apart from Christmastime when we all use the dining table, the rest of the year that is where SWMBO does her cake decorating (sugarcraft) making flowers from icing for cakes etc.

WHAT ?!   1.6x3.3m... 5m2 ?! That's a closet not a room !  :scared: Granted a closet with a Window but still  :(

It's a prison cell no more no less  :(

I don't know what to say, I sure gathered that London city center, like Paris or any big fancy City, is only for rich people, but BD is not in the fancy parts of the London City, he is near an Airport runway !   So even outside the city centers it's also so expensive ?!  |O

I guess if you were used to this life in the UK ever since you saw the light of  day, you find it "normal", everyone there endures the same shit so I guess people kinda accept it as the norm there. Still  :(

Kinda ruins the fun of TEA... knowing what condition you people live in in the UK, it's hard to be in a fun mood now  :(
I guess the proverbial British phlegm helps a lot with that, but still......  :-\
To make it worse, I live in a 4-bedroom house, and my lab used to my youngest son's bedroom, and he had to have a cabin type bed, with storage in the bottom section and small 14" TV suspended from the ceiling and small desk at the foot of his bed and that was it. My eldest and middle son shared the room at one end, me and SWMBO in the master on the other side of my lab and my stepson in the other at the other end of the house. Stepson got a live in chefs job in London, and got married and now lives in SE London, my eldest then took his room. He then moved in with his girlfriend and has been with her for many years now and my youngest moved into his old room so leaving his old room for my work desk at home instead of the dining table. Then I retired and got back into electronics again, something I gave up many moons ago when I had no place to do it and sold nearly all my stuff and only kept back a few bits. While I was still working, I did dabble a bit, but nothing like I do now.

SWMBO works in the local Crown Court and seems to get more than her fair share of the murder trials, so her day work is stressful, and her sugar craft helps her to unwind, and she has about 4 times the space I do and its chock-a-block full of her tools etc, so we either eat at our desks or on the sofa, the boys and I eat upstairs, and our desks become dining tables as well.

If I ever win the lottery big, I'd love a bigger house, so we can all have our own dedicated areas for hobbies etc, and loads of living space, but for now, that is just a pipe dream. I know that there's not much chance of winning big, but somebody has to win the big money and as my late father-in-law used to say, as long as you have a ticket, you have a dream.  :-DD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:32:35 am by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Vince, cyclin_al

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #101227 on: September 11, 2021, 12:31:42 am »
Some probably need to update their pics here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/sod-your-work-bench-what-can-you-see-from-your-window!/msg760831/#msg760831

Mine's still much the same although those cows next door will be hamburgers by now.  :-DD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:37:33 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101228 on: September 11, 2021, 12:38:27 am »
I don't know that I can say bd prefers cows to humans as hamburgers... at least, not with any reasonable certainty. :-DD

mnem
*agitating-ily*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:03:43 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #101229 on: September 11, 2021, 01:26:19 am »
The mini-chainsaw and precision scales arrived today.

The chainsaw has much potential for injury in the hands of stupid people, I will have to supervise carefully when I take it in to work...

Have you bought one of those nice extra safe chainsaws, like the one BigClive did a teardown of earlier this week?  >:D

David

Yes. It's a dangerous channel to watch for people with a liking for geegaws and having poor impulse control.

Just fit the safety guard unlike BC  :palm: Also have a hunt around there is a matching roller tipped bar and buy a spare chain and file while you are at it.

Great thing to throw in the truck or take down the yard. Thermal cutout will trip if you push it hard for a while but it keeps the smoke in the right spots.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101230 on: September 11, 2021, 02:03:00 am »
To make it worse, I live in a 4-bedroom house, and my lab used to my youngest son's bedroom, and he had to have a cabin type bed, with storage in the bottom section and small 14" TV suspended from the ceiling and small desk at the foot of his bed and that was it. My eldest and middle son shared the room at one end, me and SWMBO in the master on the other side of my lab and my stepson in the other at the other end of the house. Stepson got a live in chefs job in London, and got married and now lives in SE London, my eldest then took his room. He then moved in with his girlfriend and has been with her for many years now and my youngest moved into his old room so leaving his old room for my work desk at home instead of the dining table. Then I retired and got back into electronics again, something I gave up many moons ago when I had no place to do it and sold nearly all my stuff and only kept back a few bits. While I was still working, I did dabble a bit, but nothing like I do now.

I see..... so in fact thing have actually continually become better and better a years pass and kids leave the house !  ;D

Wishing you luck with the lottery !  8)

... need to buy some tickets too !

I too dream of a larger house and land, and less neighbours, farther apart.

Over the years I have had gradually more and more space with every new flat and now house... yet it seems the more space I have, the more of it I want ! I just love space, small rooms look crap. My first flat in 2002 aged 25 or so, was 35m2.. total, the whole of it. Now my tiny house has got 40m2 for the living room alone yet it feels very small to me and I would like it to be like 100m2 at least !  :-DD
I just get used to having more and more space...

4AM going to bed....  :=\

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101231 on: September 11, 2021, 02:06:22 am »
OK one for you Li battery aficionados.....
5 seriesd parallel pairs in an 18V cordless tool pack and one pair measures 0.6V then after ~1hr jumping that pair with 4V now reads -0.3V !  :wtf:
The other 4 pairs measure ~3.5V ea and this pack was rejected by the charger probably a year ago and been sitting since.

Any tricks to recover this dud/flat pair of cells ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #101232 on: September 11, 2021, 02:40:47 am »
This thread diversion is quite funny.

I buy stuff to play with it. Play is an essential part of life and the generation of culture.

Tautech has mastered the art of getting to play with stuff and make a living out of it. I salute him  :-DD
If only I did.....not yet anyway as we haven't been greedy accepting and taking on the advances of other brands.

Other skills were needed today when Larry Minor came out with; pop can you look at the tire on that borrowed silage wagon full of flood damaged green peppers scored free for stock food ?
Looks like it picked up a screw on the way home pop and could you stick one of those tire dog turds (rubber plug) in it.

Well some can't tell a tubed tire for tubeless and of course the bitch was tubed which should have been straightforward enough if the 1/2" rattle gun would spin the nuts off but no way ! So 3/4" drive gear for a 24mm nut  ::) and it still needed a length of pipe on the ratchet.
Bead broke easily enough with my trusty beast of a homemade slide hammer so had the tube out in just a minute of two where the hole was simple to find and a 2" patch we always have on hand applied and all ready for reassembly.......then things turned to poo !

Well it's not like this was my first rodeo as my first job was in a sawmill mechanics shop and given the title of tire boy.  :P
Car tires I quickly mastered as they had an old school tire machine with which you bore a long lever and walked around the tire to work the bead off. Truck tires were another world as the weakling I was I could barely flip the things over until a year or so later when I started a couple years of weight lifting.

Back to today....tubed tires when initially inflated run the risk of the tube sucking the stem back inside the rim....something that may catch the unwary and has me just once before which sticks in your mind never to let it happen again !
Well it did  :rant: and there's only ONE recovery....puncture the tube so to be able to get the tire apart again and set the tube up more carefully. 2nd patch applied  ::) and all back together 2nd time without drama.
Each day is very different here at Tautechsville.  ::)

Sorry about the big pic as MS Pic Manager has not yet made it to this PC.  :(

I do not envy that job!  It is definitely a pain in the a$$ to do.
Even a bicycle tire puncture is a pain, which is nowhere near as heavy work.

I have to ask a question though.
Can you not just unscrew the valve stem from within the valve and deflate the tube, rather than puncture it?
That can be done with all the schraeder valves here, using a slotted tool that fits over the valve pin, but fits inside the stem.

I can go to the garage later to take a picture of the tools.
However, to get there I have to pass by the mountain bike with flat rear tire ... there must be a very well hidden object stuck in the tire that I cannot find; already at 3 patches on the tube without even riding it since the initial flat.  |O

Also, there are inflator heads that clamp onto the valve.  Is such a thing useful, or is the clamping not secure enough for such a big tube?

The tiny presta valves are actually threaded on the exterior.  You can thread on a collar which holds the valve securely in position.
Just do not over-tighten the collar and pull the valve right out of the tube ... been there, done that, more than once.

He's talking about this type of valve that is held in the hole by pressure alone. No thread to put a nut on to hold it in place while you inflate it. If it pulls into the type while inflating, you're buggered.

Precisely Cerebus.  :-+
However while reassembling tires just the fluffing around can have the tube stem fall back in if you haven't or it isn't convenient to very slightly inflate the tube so in the past we used these 4in1 tools to save the day.

They work perfect most of the time but if you have a twist in the tube and as this sort of tool need be removed for inflation that is when things go pear shaped as it did yesterday.
As clever as one might think they are we still get caught and it's a good reminder to take more care especially when you should know better.  :horse:

Yes, Cerebus showed a Schreader valve, just as I understood.

I was thinking of an inflator chuck like this that would hold on to the valve stem and hopefully not lose it:

What I missed is the loss of access to the valve stem as it fell in.  The tools I was thinking of are only good for fast deflation if you still have access to the valve.  :palm:

Of course, that risk remains in the transition from taking off the 4in1 to putting on the inflator.

That brings me to my final thought that I forgot to finish.
It would be nice to see a Schreader valve stem redesigned to have a threaded exterior allowing the use of a collar, in the same manner as the Presta valve.
Tautech and others could avoid losing access to the stem, so long as they do not take a shortcut and skip installing the collar...
I probably would be one to lose the stem too, except I have not done such big tubes.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #101233 on: September 11, 2021, 02:47:14 am »
As for my 575 thread I fear nobody will ever watch it, seeing as e-mail notifications still don't work on this bloody forum, at least my end !  :rant:
Garbage Vince, been there 3 times myself but nothing to add....yet.
Check the # of views to gauge how popular a thread is.
Early days yet laddie.  ;)

I did a read-through initially, and will check back once in a while.
Eventually, I might study that thread very carefully if I have the fortune to have a 575 or similar fall in my lap fall into a big cushion beside me.
Oh my, that was a bad expression to use when talking about boat anchors  :-DD

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #101234 on: September 11, 2021, 02:52:21 am »
However, to get there I have to pass by the mountain bike with flat rear tire ... there must be a very well hidden object stuck in the tire that I cannot find; already at 3 patches on the tube without even riding it since the initial flat.  |O
Little trick for finding the not obvious puncture creators inside tire cases....wrap a rag around fingers and run it around the inside of the case where it will catch on the little buggers and show you where they are......sometimes tricky to pull the little buggers out though but sharp sidecutters generally will grab the little mongrels.

Already did that technique twice.  Found nothing.

In the past with different bikes and tires, this method has been successful at finding bits of staple and tiny shards of glass.

You can use the back of your hand but at the risk of getting sliced up....don't ask !

I have done that technique before in the past as well ... no need to ask.
Since what I am looking for is certainly extremely small, it actually entered my thoughts to try this once again.
I mean, small object, small slice, right .....  :scared:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101235 on: September 11, 2021, 03:05:24 am »
5 seriesd parallel pairs in an 18V cordless tool pack and one pair measures 0.6V then after ~1hr jumping that pair with 4V now reads -0.3V !  :wtf:
The other 4 pairs measure ~3.5V ea and this pack was rejected by the charger probably a year ago and been sitting since.

You might have been able to manually rebalance the pack by charging a single cell back then before cell voltage dropped below 1.8-2.2V. Now that its been sitting a year at zero or less, they're for sure crap. The others are at a low "storage charge"; should be serviceable for other purposes, or you could try to rebuild the pack with scavenged cells.

First thing to do would be to measure the IR of the cells in the pack still holding charge to make sure there aren't any other questionable ones. Then you can decide whether to rebuild or just salvage cells for use in flashlights, etc.

For a drill pack you need IR in the 10-20mΩ range at the highest; in a 2P config these cells will measure half that.

Good luck,

mnem
 :-/O
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:10:20 am by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #101236 on: September 11, 2021, 03:09:43 am »
Only people like you and me who've actually relied on a saw to provide the wood used for primary heat understand. A daily driver chainsaw is like your favorite pair of perfectly broken-in long johns; you get comfortable with it til its a part of you, you get to know all it's good and bad habits, and you don't lend or borrow them.

The difference is people might want to borrow your chainsaw. If you can find anyone who wants to borrow your "favorite pair of perfectly broken-in long johns" I hope you would get them the psychiatric help that they would so clearly be in sore need of.  :scared:

While I cannot comment from personal experience, seems to me there must be a reason for the old adage "What happens in the woodshed stays in the woodshed..." :o

mnem
meh. Who am I to judge...? :-//

Erm, I think that's just a saying in your family.

For most people the place where things 'stay' is "Vegas", "Amsterdam" or some other well know place of debauchery. Just sayin'.

You seem to have a lot more detailed knowledge of what goes on "in the woodshed" than I do; I figured it was just the usual cards and booze.   :-DD

mnem
 :popcorn:

I would not know ... the woodshed is still to be built ... after a million other projects

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #101237 on: September 11, 2021, 03:11:53 am »

Not really.

BUT if it is just over discharged (maybe to 2.5V) ....

Assuming it is the cell and not any balancing or BMS board issues there is a slim chance you can recover an over flattened Lithium. Set a constant voltage of 3V and current limit it to about 1/20 C (so 4Ah = 200mA) I have done this with the odd cell in a pack that my chargers protested about as they were way out of step with the others in the pack.

In your case I think you likely have a dead one and flogging a dead horse is kind of pointless  :horse:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: tautech, mnementh

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101238 on: September 11, 2021, 03:12:20 am »
That brings me to my final thought that I forgot to finish.
It would be nice to see a Schreader valve stem redesigned to have a threaded exterior allowing the use of a collar, in the same manner as the Presta valve.
Tautech and others could avoid losing access to the stem, so long as they do not take a shortcut and skip installing the collar...
I probably would be one to lose the stem too, except I have not done such big tubes.
I have in the past used these and yeaterdays stuff up was just my fault in the way I put the tube in.

Little trick for finding the not obvious puncture creators inside tire cases....wrap a rag around fingers and run it around the inside of the case where it will catch on the little buggers and show you where they are......sometimes tricky to pull the little buggers out though but sharp sidecutters generally will grab the little mongrels.

Already did that technique twice.  Found nothing.

In the past with different bikes and tires, this method has been successful at finding bits of staple and tiny shards of glass.

You can use the back of your hand but at the risk of getting sliced up....don't ask !

I have done that technique before in the past as well ... no need to ask.
Since what I am looking for is certainly extremely small, it actually entered my thoughts to try this once again.
I mean, small object, small slice, right .....  :scared:
There are times when you just have to bite the bullet unless you get really creative like we had to as kids after riding over prickles and such and then spending days catching up on punctures.  :horse:
We cut the beads from old worn out tires and stuffed them inside the tires on our bikes so to double the ply rating.  ;D
We got no further flatties !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101239 on: September 11, 2021, 03:22:36 am »

You might have been able to manually rebalance the pack by charging a single cell back then before cell voltage dropped below 1.8-2.2V. Now that its been sitting a year at zero or less, they're for sure crap. The others are at a low "storage charge"; should be serviceable for other purposes, or you could try to rebuild the pack with scavenged cells.

First thing to do would be to measure the IR of the cells in the pack still holding charge to make sure there aren't any other questionable ones. Then you can decide whether to rebuild or just salvage cells for use in flashlights, etc.

For a drill pack you need IR in the 10-20mΩ range at the highest; in a 2P config these cells will measure half that.

Good luck,

mnem
 :-/O

Not really.

BUT if it is just over discharged (maybe to 2.5V) ....

Assuming it is the cell and not any balancing or BMS board issues there is a slim chance you can recover an over flattened Lithium. Set a constant voltage of 3V and current limit it to about 1/20 C (so 4Ah = 200mA) I have done this with the odd cell in a pack that my chargers protested about as they were way out of step with the others in the pack.

In your case I think you likely have a dead one and flogging a dead horse is kind of pointless  :horse:

The 4 good cell pairs actually measure high 3.6 to high 3.8V so I imagine one in this dud pair failed taking its mate with it.  :(
It's a Makita 5AH pack and a 5s BMS and Larry Minors but luckily he's got about another 8 good packs.  :phew:

Might just raid the remaining 8 good 18650 cells for dad projects.  :P
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101240 on: September 11, 2021, 03:53:45 am »

I'm having difficulty with that "SCA", because every time I see it I'm thinking that it stands for the "Society for Creative Anachronism".
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101241 on: September 11, 2021, 04:00:45 am »
That's the Aussies for you:
Super Cheap Auto......bits and bobs
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #101242 on: September 11, 2021, 07:14:32 am »
Proud E3630A owner here too. That and the TTi PL series are spot on.

I must say that I turn to my -hp- Harrison supplies all the time. There's only one thing that they miss -- the current limiter. I sometimes end up using my Uni-T dual 30V supply (which does limit if asked to) because of that -- penis-fingery damage is greatly reduced by limiting current.

To elaborate on why -- the Harrison era supplies are "good enough". And while that might sound derogatory and as "barely coping" it most certainly is not.  What it is about, is that they were built, using the Old Era Tech, as good as humanely possible. This means that they, by virtue of that engineering effort, overcome near-all the problems that commonly plague the Old Bad Tech, and are every bit as good as what you can buy today. There are some matters-of-taste on UI, sure, and the GPIB connector is missing, but do they churn out amps!

On GPIB and its successors: If I was building a test rig for production, I would go straight into that, but if I'm going to set a 15V dual supply up for my opamp project, the finish time is probably shorter for the 6237b than anything else. Hey, it's even got one pot for two polarities!

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #101243 on: September 11, 2021, 07:25:48 am »
Place holder for 4047 image.  :P

I'm actually pondering a CD4047 project right now.

Something like that, but with some modifications. The crux of the biscuit is the MN3007, a BBD IC that stopped production in 1999. Because everything is digital now, right? It's a 300B market, warts and all. This time it's Musicians, not Audiophools that are the targets.

There are a bunch of third-sources. I'm investigating them. Paying for (supposedly real) NOS Panasonic MN3007 is only going to be an exercise in parting of fool and money, so I'll try to get some verified copies instead.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #101244 on: September 11, 2021, 07:36:23 am »
As for my 575 thread I fear nobody will ever watch it, seeing as e-mail notifications still don't work on this bloody forum, at least my end !  :rant:
Garbage Vince, been there 3 times myself but nothing to add....yet.
Check the # of views to gauge how popular a thread is.
Early days yet laddie.  ;)

Yeah there are people interested but I was saying HOW the hell will they know when to check my thread if they don't received a freaking e-mail notification informing them that something has been posted there in 3 weeks or months ?! :scared:

It's not like TEA where it's a chat room and people just keep a tab open permanently for it and refresh it 10 times a day KNOWING there will be something new to read ! 

Or maybe notifications I broken only for me but works for everybody else ?! That would be rather strange and unfair...

It's not the first time this year that notifications fail or work erratically, this bloody needs to fixed once and for all  :scared:
Maybe people posted on my old thread and I don't even know bout it and they will think I am just ignoring them ?!  :scared:

Just a few weeks ago someone posted on my TDS 544A repair thread asking me something !  This thread has been inactive for years !

I use the check for new posts links a lot (see attached image). Since I live in this thread, it's a bit easy to miss all the other fun, especially to keep up in other threads I've written in, and then the "Show new replies to your posts." one is really good. A SMF feature that is useful. Which is rare.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #101245 on: September 11, 2021, 07:43:36 am »
...I thought you preferred cows to human beings, and where trying to escape the city life every time you could !  :-DD

bd only prefers cows to humans as neighbors... for everything else he prefers batshit crazy redheads.  >:D And the city is where we keep most of those.  :-DD

For those, my local city has a famous zoo. But it is planning to close and move just outside the city.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101246 on: September 11, 2021, 07:48:30 am »
If I ever win the lottery big, I'd love a bigger house, so we can all have our own dedicated areas for hobbies etc, and loads of living space, but for now, that is just a pipe dream.

I console myself with the knowledge that wouldn't work. Stuff expands to fill the available space.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #101247 on: September 11, 2021, 07:53:07 am »

I'm having difficulty with that "SCA", because every time I see it I'm thinking that it stands for the "Society for Creative Anachronism".

From having spent time in ASR I too think of chain mail and fumbling  in the dark with getting complicated and delicate replica clothing undone to get some fornication done...

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101248 on: September 11, 2021, 07:55:00 am »
Some probably need to update their pics here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/sod-your-work-bench-what-can-you-see-from-your-window!/msg760831/#msg760831

I linked to my picture that is already there :)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/sod-your-work-bench-what-can-you-see-from-your-window!/msg686854/#msg686854 also has a winter picture and some inspirations from my youth.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:31:20 am by tggzzz »

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101249 on: September 11, 2021, 08:24:27 am »
For voltnuts in DE, in my neighborhood lays this animal(also the seller has some other interesting stuff):
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/praezision-digital-multimeter-prema-5017-7-1-2-stellen-/1868662563-168-21398

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, Specmaster, capt bullshot, ch_scr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf