Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (20614/21590) > >>

mnementh:

--- Quote from: med6753 on September 24, 2021, 09:13:15 am ---As of this morning the 547 coffee mug is still in black hole hell.  ::)

I knew my delivery would be last....if ever.  :palm:
--- End quote ---

At least you know it won't be counterfeit when it does get tooya. ;)

mnem

capt bullshot:
Hermes managed to deliver my parcel in one piece (and it wasn't dropped)

Unpacking revealed this - I didn't buy a circular saw, already got one, though not a Makita.

More unpacking - one can see dead tree format manuals of some piece of TEA

Here it is, in good shape and with Option HS Oven

And it works

Display is not worn out and all digits/segments of even brightness, not like in the picture - camera tends to fool one here.

DC1MC:

--- Quote from: capt bullshot on September 24, 2021, 11:43:07 am ---Hermes managed to deliver my parcel in one piece (and it wasn't dropped)

Unpacking revealed this - I didn't buy a circular saw, already got one, though not a Makita.

More unpacking - one can see dead tree format manuals of some piece of TEA

Here it is, in good shape and with Option HS Oven

And it works

--- End quote ---

Nice catch, have the cookie, but stand by for my strange story, I need your help.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Specmaster:
@bd139,
Looking into the ZEN package in more depth, they give you a static IP address, I'm not so sure as that's an advantage, it costs more and as I see it is more of a benefit if you're running a server or a business as it makes it far easier for customers to both find your website and reach you. The downside of that is that with the right tools, people can pinpoint your location and makes it so much easier to hack into your computer.

Not to sure about that aspect of changing over to them, may have to search about for other options or jump on VM's head till they get their act together and sort out their shit and also maybe offer better prices. According to a search for providers in my area, new customers can get the VM deal that I have for only £39 on 2 year contract, so why am I paying £71 as long-standing customer, that Fffing sucks. :rant:

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: capt bullshot on September 24, 2021, 11:43:07 am ---

Display is not worn out and all digits/segments of even brightness, not like in the picture - camera tends to fool one here.

--- End quote ---

You need to select a relatively slow shutter speed. That's assuming one has a camera where one can actually do so, one of the downsides of most of the world using phone cameras nowadays is that access to any settings like shutter and aperture is a thing of the past for them.

I'm convinced that's what got me my 53132A cheaply - other people looked at the display being 'wrong' in the listing and passed it by, not realising that the apparent error was exactly what happens when a multiplexed display and camera shutter interact. That let it sit there for a few days rather than getting snapped up as it ought to have been. Mine came to a total of £400 plus change including carriage and import costs. Mind you, there was no way of anybody knowing from the listing that mine was going to come with the ultra stable oscillator option inside but disconnected and fully functional once it had a single tantalum cap replaced (now fully working and showing drift better than the data sheet spec.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version