Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (20992/21590) > >>

Ice-Tea:

--- Quote from: mnementh on October 18, 2021, 01:12:40 pm ---Who'd have thunk it...?[/url] ;)

--- End quote ---

I have no idea! Who? WHO I ASK YOU??!?

Seriously though, might be part of the puzzle, but there's more to it. I blew one with an original pack as well, even though you could ask yourself the question how good that PTC still is after being soaked in battery puke. Still need to check the replacement packs, don't know if they have it or not. But still, must be more to it. There's a charging regulator there, with a max charging current of 1A. You couldn't blow that sense resistor with 1A, not with 2A either.

The two units I blew the sense resistor on were revived.

Going to set up some working 199Cs to monitor the charging cycles of the others. Or themselves. Oooh, that would be cool.

Another possibility: the charging circuit uses the NTC in the pack to monitor charging. It's possible leaving the back cover up disturbes the thermal balance. Or maybe it's positioned differently in the pack. So many possibilities.

--- Quote from: tggzzz on October 18, 2021, 10:07:43 am ---
--- Quote from: Ice-Tea on October 18, 2021, 08:47:38 am ---On unrelated news: I think I'm done shipping to the UK. Two parcels I shipped over the last two months or so vanished. Passed customs, status set to return straight away after which nobody can find it anymore.

--- End quote ---

Unpleasant.

Out of curiosity, which carrier and what were the postcodes (for anonymity, omit the last two letters).

--- End quote ---

DPD. AB526 and DA51PP. As far from each other as possible, doesn't look like the "local" DPD was ever involved either. Just goes from "at the depot" to "being returned". What I *hate* is that I spend stupid amounts of time filling in contact details (and mine are obviously inlcuded) but they *never* make any attempt to contact you if something is off.

Andrew_Debbie:

--- Quote from: Ice-Tea on October 18, 2021, 02:15:02 pm ---

DPD. AB526 and DA51PP. As far from each other as possible, doesn't look like the "local" DPD was ever involved either. Just goes from "at the depot" to "being returned".

--- End quote ---

In my experience DPD are one of the most reliable for UK delivery.    --  I've never had a problem but I only use them for domestic.

FedEx IP are good, at least from the US and China.

Royal mail is so so --  international parcels get there but are often delayed.

DHL can be a customs nightmare.      yodel used to be pure awful but have improved.   Hermes is not great.

factory:
Not so sure DPD are any good here, I've had things left out to get rained on and most recently they tried to deliver a large & very light box (wasn't TE related), that they had re-sealed, it was opened in the presence of the driver and found to be empty, well apart from packing materials.  :wtf: Also the previous day they mysteriously claimed they tried to deliver it, I was in that day & they definitely hadn't.

David

Ice-Tea:
They've been quite decent up till now. But now it's two duds in a month. Pretty sure they're struggling with Brexit but, well, can't really work with a one in two success rate.

Specmaster:

--- Quote from: Andrew_Debbie on October 18, 2021, 03:06:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ice-Tea on October 18, 2021, 02:15:02 pm ---

DPD. AB526 and DA51PP. As far from each other as possible, doesn't look like the "local" DPD was ever involved either. Just goes from "at the depot" to "being returned".

--- End quote ---

In my experience DPD are one of the most reliable for UK delivery.    --  I've never had a problem but I only use them for domestic.

FedEx IP are good, at least from the US and China.

Royal mail is so so --  international parcels get there but are often delayed.

DHL can be a customs nightmare.      yodel used to be pure awful but have improved.   Hermes is not great.

--- End quote ---
I have to report that in my experience, Hermes is pretty good and also reasonably priced, and I have discovered that their next day service is roughly the same price as the Royal Mail's 3-day 2nd class service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version