Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (21602/24008) > >>

Kosmic:

--- Quote from: mnementh on November 29, 2021, 07:24:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: tautech on November 29, 2021, 07:18:31 pm ---Quite fortunate here with our Mom and Pop ISP to be supplying a few of their customers from our 5 GHz 10km p-p link to fiber that as these customers are on different mains supply circuits to us he's installed a nice UPS to keep all his stuff alive over power outages and also our WiFi router.   :phew:
Outage = grab iPad like nothing has happened.   :)
--- End quote ---
Ditto here for at least a decade; both in metro US and Canada. Honestly, having to wait for everything to reconnect when there's a random hiccup or flicker of the lights is the main reason I keep gateway/WiFi router on a cheap underdesk UPS. :-//

mnem
*toddles off to make a bagel for daughter*

--- End quote ---

When I relocated the router I decided to do the same thing over here. Hooked the router/wifi to a UPS.

And since I use a laptop, it means I can continue working while the power is gone. I'm not losing power really often but it happen the other day. Was pretty cool my plan worked perfectly. I was on a vidcon meeting and it didn't even hitch :)

Zucca:

--- Quote from: BU508A on November 29, 2021, 11:08:22 pm ---One thing, beginners (Linux) with lots of experience in the Windows world are having trouble to understand the organisation how things are stored under Linux.
First: there is NO such thing as drive A:\ C:\ or something.
It is only a directory structure, starting with root (root direcotry), represented by the / (slash).
All your personal files and documents are usually stored in /home/specmaster (if you choose specmaster as your username)
This is your personal directory, like the user directory in Windows.
If you'd like to explore the file structure, there is this program which is called "Dolphin" (KDE Linux equivalent to the Explorer).
Another important thing is: Upper and lower case matters!
And a pro-tipp from my side: don't use spaces in file names. Just don't. Use instead underscores.

Edit: mixed up (as usual) slash and backslash...  :palm: - fixed

--- End quote ---

Believe it or not all those sado maso concepts for windows users are explained in details in the FreeBSD Handbook.
Besides that it was the only place where I finally understood how a firewall, IP/network and security works....

I was reading it during my flights from europe-US in 2011-2014. It was a long ride but dude I learned a lot.

Zucca:

--- Quote from: Saskia on November 29, 2021, 11:37:05 pm ---I want my BSD/OS back. CBA to write device drivers even tho I have the source.

@Zucca your poster was way incomplete. The entire Bell labs unix line was left out ...

--- End quote ---

Interesting, I just picked up the first I found. Do you have a better one?  :-[

Zucca:

--- Quote from: TAMHAN on November 29, 2021, 11:50:11 pm ---Went shopping with the wife recently.

--- End quote ---

In my next life I will marry a TEA wife too.

@Saskia can you clone yourself?

Zucca:
looking an endoscope in chinesium from china...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000093988184.html

damm TEA...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version