Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (21604/24008) > >>

mnementh:

--- Quote from: Cerebus on November 29, 2021, 10:10:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ice-Tea on November 29, 2021, 08:47:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on November 29, 2021, 08:29:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wolfgang on November 29, 2021, 08:22:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ice-Tea on November 29, 2021, 08:18:59 pm ---Evil.   
--- End quote ---
What do you want? With such a small number of pins there are only a finite number of permutations.  >:D 8)
--- End quote ---

I think he's referring to the "transparent top view" designation of the SOT1061 package. That is slightly perverse.  :P

mnem
 :palm:

--- End quote ---

Well, it's two things. The inconsistency of the mechanical representation (one labelled transparent top view, the other suggesting top view by the dotted lines, the other one... I don't know? Guess which one it is? Know from previous experience it's probably top view and hope for the best?) The other things is the randomisation of the pinning. That's just bad. And awaiting havoc somewhere down the line in some CAD library.

--- End quote ---

The SOT223 is TOP view, the SOT89 is BOTTOM view - in both cases it's convention to have the collector on the tab and centre pin on those packages. When those packages are used for regulators the tab and centre pin are normally the output.
--- End quote ---
Nope, the SOT223 and SOT89 are both top view and BCE from left to right; the actual pinout is the same and correct to the conventions you just described.

Just for some perverse reason, in that diagram they reversed the numbering AND the pin order on the SOT89, so the pinout actually doesn't change. I've seen similar before often enough that sadly, it didn't even ping my RADAR this time; I only noticed the new & different perversity of the SOT1061. :-//

mnem
 :-/O

mnementh:

--- Quote from: mansaxel on November 29, 2021, 08:32:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on November 29, 2021, 07:20:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: mansaxel on November 29, 2021, 06:59:57 pm ---In short; they don't. Some have GSM/3G/4G backup, though. Then it depends on the resiliency of the local cell net.   Our broadband lastmile provider (which is opto transmission) has about 2h UPS on their active gear. This, sadly enough, has been verified by yours truly.

Edit: I've looked at the genset that powers the cell site we have about 500m from home. There are preparations being enforced and somewhat financed by the regulator. 
--- End quote ---
Probably still better than GorillaServers' DataCenter.  :-DD

mnem
 :bullshit:
--- End quote ---
It's a good genset, not a cheapo. Providing there's funding and incentive, we're pretty good at building resilient telecoms here.
--- End quote ---
So no incendiary failover protocols built-in then...?  :-DD

mnem

mnementh:

--- Quote from: med6753 on November 30, 2021, 02:55:55 am ---
--- Quote from: cyclin_al on November 30, 2021, 01:06:32 am ---
--- Quote from: Saskia on November 29, 2021, 11:37:05 pm ---I want my BSD/OS back. CBA to write device drivers even tho I have the source.

@Zucca your poster was way incomplete. The entire Bell labs unix line was left out ...

--- End quote ---

There was also no mention of IBM's OS/2  >:D >:D >:D

--- End quote ---

And was a damn good O/S that Itty Bitty Morons fumbled. By the time it was perfected and actively marketed MS was in firm control.
--- End quote ---
I was OS/2 Warped as a youth.  >:D

mnem
and I may have kept a wee tetch o' the Warped as an adult...  :-DD

tautech:

--- Quote from: vk6zgo on November 30, 2021, 04:03:51 am ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on November 29, 2021, 08:35:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: tautech on November 29, 2021, 08:24:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: 25 CPS on November 29, 2021, 07:58:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on November 29, 2021, 07:24:36 pm ---
*toddles off to make a bagel for daughter*

--- End quote ---

Yep, minimum one hour bagel-imposed downtime right there.

--- End quote ---
Please at least get the quotes correct. Too much trouble ? Then delete the post and try again.

--- End quote ---

Awwww.... cut him a break... he's Canadian.  ;)

mnem
  >:D

--- End quote ---

Ya gotta make allowances---just like we do for Kiwis in Oz! ;D

--- End quote ---
Reciprocal for you guys too, spare warm coats and Wellys always kept handy.  :P

mansaxel:

--- Quote from: Vince on November 29, 2021, 09:30:51 pm ---
... Just like MS Windows isn't even compatible with itself either...

--- End quote ---

I have a friend who once went through the "open" MS Office file format specification when it was released. He found such gems like:

"The handling of this function shall be as it was in Word 6."  Full stop. No explanation. In the released documentation. No surprise then that Word is as buggy and inconsistent as it is..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version