Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (22487/27245) > >>

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: Specmaster on January 27, 2022, 01:46:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: tggzzz on January 27, 2022, 12:29:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Specmaster on January 27, 2022, 11:16:27 am ---These F35's have a strange landing routine, they fly over the airfield at high level and then peel off to gain separation from others in the flight, and then they drop rapidly, levelling out just a few feet from the ground just before the perimeter of the airfield, unlike the F15's which out a reasonable distance and follow a more conventional glide slope.  The F35's are also noticeably far smaller than the old F15's, so you need either a longer focal length on your lens, or you need to be close to them. The F15 is @ 180 mm and F35 is 300 mm, both shot from the same location.

--- End quote ---

Maybe they are just showing off. Or perhaps they are minimising the chance of "merging with the ground" outside the airfield boundary.

I wonder if they can fly with only one wing, like the F15?

--- End quote ---
No, I think that possibly that they are a brand-new squadron and may still be getting used to flying the new planes, but having said that, they seem to be landing under computer control, because very often, the pilots are seen waving at the viewers as they land but not the F15 pilots, they tend to leave to their weapons officer if they have one.

Yes, the F15 is a very broad body jet, having been up real close and personal with them, I think the fuselage is more than capable of providing lift. I have seen that photo of that one that fly back to base after the wing came away, amazingly rugged that plane, somehow, I doubt the F35 is capable of doing that. I hear rumours that the RAF ones at Marham are often having problems, so I doubt that they will be in service as long as the F15's for sure.

--- End quote ---

There are many "remixes" of the video on yootoob, including the pilot's commentary and cockpit footage.

The commentary that really gets to me is Al Haynes on his UA-232 flight
http://leonardo-in-flight.nl/PDF/ap_jun91United%20232%20Loss%20of%20All%20Flight%20Controls.pdf

Peter_O:

--- Quote from: Cerebus on January 26, 2022, 03:03:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Peter_O on January 26, 2022, 01:06:53 pm ---What's the best way to better remove the Edding markings on top and front without damaging the plastics or paint? I had some minor success with ethanol (more than IPA) and cleaning solvent ("Waschbenzin", benzine)?

--- End quote ---

I've had consistently good results with a melamine sponge and isopropanol (or 70/30 isopropanol and water if there's any suspicion that the stain has a polar component).
As a matter of fact my 'standard' cleaning solution at the moment is 70% isopropanol, 30% de-ionised water and 0.1% Benzalkonium chloride.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cubdriver on January 26, 2022, 03:18:23 pm ---
Try your solvents and a melamine sponge (sold in the US as a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; not sure what it might be called in your neck of the woods).  I've had pretty good success with that method.  Usually go (in order of escalation) window cleaner, IPA, denatured alcohol, naptha for removing crud and heavy-handed magic marker 'art' from things. ...
splash of ammonia

--- End quote ---

Thx a lot so far, guys!

With a rag I worked along that order of escalation (naphta (benzine? German: "Waschbenzin"?)). Denatured alcohol working best, but not sufficiently. At least the rag got some stains of the right colour.

A melamine sponge is on my order list. Never used one. Will try next with denatured alcohol.

Seems not that easy to order pure BAC somewhere. Lots of ready made cleaning products ...

Ammonia I have at hand from cleaing black ink out of fountain pens. Wort a try.

Then there is original edding cleaning paste. https://www.amazon.de/dp/B073CF6PWW Quite expensive!

And some site recommend hair spray, which I would have to buy too.  :-DD

ch_scr:
Isn't the usual "hack" to paint across the marking with a dry erase marker and remove them together?  :-/O

mnementh:

--- Quote from: cyclin_al on January 27, 2022, 03:35:03 am ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on January 26, 2022, 10:17:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Cerebus on January 26, 2022, 09:09:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on January 26, 2022, 07:42:29 pm ---It wasn't until much later that a friend coworker explained that while the word meant literally "blond" or of Caucasian descent, the connotation was very similar to "gaijin" in the same context: a specific reference to one being not only white and outsider, but less than human as well; a white ghost.

--- End quote ---

You're confusing the Japanese Gaijin 外人 = "outside(r)" + "person" (compare Nihonjin 日本人 = sun "日" + origin of "本" + person "人", the Japanese word for "Japanese") with the Chinese Gweilo 鬼佬 = Ghost "鬼" + Man "佬" (compare 中國人 for "Chinese person" = central "中" + state "國" + person "人").
--- End quote ---
You're probably right on the latter... though I still wish that if they're gonna cuss me out, the least they could do is use enough English that I can be properly offended.    :-DD

mnem
 :popcorn:

--- End quote ---

It can be done quite differently as well...

During university, one of my buddies had a Chinese girlfriend.  She taught us all the meaning of "Hum sup lo".
Afterwards, she would unbeknownst to us, lead us into a public area with a large population of Chinese males.
This was easy to do at a university campus with computer and electrical engineering departments.
She would then loudly call us that term, quite loudly, and cause a large audience to give us dirty looks.
It was highly effective because we did realize exactly what had just happened...
--- End quote ---

*raises a paw*   Guilty as charged...  :-//

mnem
I am not a pervert; I am a provert. I get paid to be this way. >:D

Peter_O:

--- Quote from: ch_scr on January 27, 2022, 03:06:59 pm ---Isn't the usual "hack" to paint across the marking with a dry erase marker and remove them together?  :-/O

--- End quote ---
Yes, on glossy slick surfaces like whiteboards that works a treat!

The HP "B" fronts du have a mat and somewhat grainy surface. The edding somewhat penetrates this surface.

I'll see, if I have an whiteobard marker at hand and try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version