Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (24124/25808) > >>

bd139:
This 3465A has some interesting problems with it  :popcorn:

So far if you short the input it drifts up on all ranges. And there’s a measurement offset. If you short the input JFET to ground it is fine. Currently happily buzzing out the front end. Whatever is wonky is really really difficult to find. Hopefully not the thin film array.

Edit: Fixed it. Comedy moment. I will write it up in another thread and on HPAK group.

Taster - this is the JFET input clamp diode pair by the look which disintegrated when I poked it :palm:

Edit 2: less crap photo with proper camera:

Vince:

--- Quote from: bd139 on May 24, 2022, 06:42:51 pm ---This 3465A has some interesting problems with it  :popcorn:

Edit: Fixed it. Comedy moment. I will write it up in another thread and on HPAK group.

--- End quote ---

Well as long as you post here the link to that thread so I can have a look... that is fine.

I wish my own DC offset problem was so quick to figure out..  :rant:

mansaxel:

--- Quote from: Neper on May 24, 2022, 03:23:21 pm ---
Just so you don't feel all alone, we're just reviving our car after 1 1/2 years in the underground car park. 100,000 km inspection with oil change, filters, change of break fluid etc.pp. Plus MOT. About 600 euros, they say, if they don't find anything unexpected. At least the tank is still 3/4 full. Was 1.05 euro per liter at the time.

And no, I can't do any of this myself. Wouldn't know where to do it.

--- End quote ---

Oh, yes, I need to do full wheel alignment, once I've swapped all the springy bits, and there's a 240000km inspection, too. Oil, filters, the lot.

Alignment I will outsource; the place where I'm likely to buy tires have done really good alignments of my old cars, so will let them do both, in concert.  The rest looks like I'm doing it m'self.

Robert763:

--- Quote from: Neper on May 24, 2022, 03:23:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: mansaxel on May 24, 2022, 02:43:31 pm ---No TE for a while here. The car seems to swallow insane amounts of money, what with suspension renovation and similar. Picked up new sealing rings for front bearings today, and have just ordered reinforced rear springs and new front brake pads. New rear shocks and front control arms, as well as ABS rings are waiting to be fitted; got the old control arms out this weekend with a considerable amount of profanity involved.  One ABS sensor has already been swapped out; will be fixated as soon as I've got the new control arms in place.

To top this off, I need 4 new tyres too. Yay. And MOT defaults May 31st.

--- End quote ---

Just so you don't feel all alone, we're just reviving our car after 1 1/2 years in the underground car park. 100,000 km inspection with oil change, filters, change of break fluid etc.pp. Plus MOT. About 600 euros, they say, if they don't find anything unexpected. At least the tank is still 3/4 full. Was 1.05 euro per liter at the time.

And no, I can't do any of this myself. Wouldn't know where to do it.

--- End quote ---

You should top that tank up to full with premium fuel before the MOT. Stale fuel is not great for emissions.

factory:

--- Quote from: Vince on May 23, 2022, 07:11:06 pm ---No, I don't want to bother the seller about this, because I have zero intention to buy his meter. Not that I don't want to, but just that I can not : he sells it for 150 Euros, which is 3 times my "impulse buy budget", he says he won't take no offer, and also it's local pick-up only, and of course he leaves half way across the country from me.
So I don't want to waste his time and make him angry.

I am secretly hoping he might lower the price " one day ", because it's been on sale for 5 months now as you can see so... I keep an eye on it, who knows. Hardly holding my breath though...

--- End quote ---

Those Philips DMMs turn up occasionally & rarely make more than £50, unless in near perfect condition, most seem a bit beat up & corroded.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version