Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (25061/27244) > >>

BU508A:
Good luck, Vince! Keep my fingers crossed.

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: Specmaster on July 05, 2022, 07:09:13 am ---
--- Quote from: Cerebus on July 05, 2022, 01:05:56 am ---
--- Quote from: Specmaster on July 05, 2022, 12:49:03 am ---Yes indeed it is an iPad Air 1, model is A1474 as printed on the back cover, but according to the model number in the settings menu it is MD768B/B for which I can find zero information.

--- End quote ---

I don't know why Apple chose to describe that as "Model Number" in the UI when it's what they describe everywhere else as an "Order Number" i.e. the number you have to quote to get a model number A1447 with the right options, country specific stuff and so on. If you tap the actual displayed order code in that field it changes to the actual model number. Go figure...

--- End quote ---
How odd, I just tried that myself. I'm guessing that it must be some code that Apple use for something but what?, surely anything that is country specific would be flagged in the about tab anyway and all references on internet all mention MD785LL/A  :-//

--- End quote ---

All Apple order numbers are M9999aa/a where the M is just that, 9999 the model+build options and aa/a country/market. On Apple's own invoices that number appear in a column headed "Material Number". I wouldn't expect them to flag what voltage charger or mains plug was required the the device's UI as a specific item, but obviously someone has to know it to know what to put in the box, and which box to send to which customer. Things that end LL/A are North America, which is why that's what you usually see, UK versions seem to mostly end B/A. Reading between the lines I suspect but don't know that items sold direct by Apple end /A, and items sold through the channel end /B.

xrunner:
Got curious and found some info on iPhone 6s support. Might be ending when iOS 16 is out. Don't know any more than what I'm finding at the moment.

https://www.macworld.com/article/561009/ios-16-support-iphone-6s-iphone-se.html

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: Specmaster on July 05, 2022, 09:02:39 am ---Ok, then that video does sort of make some sense, but here is another angle, what would happen with all that natural gas if we don't use it for heating or cooking? It's going to get released into the atmosphere and do what? Build up to become a huge big gas cloud that we are going to be breathing in and then one day a lightening strike ignites it and the entire planet erupts into a huge fireball and incinerates everything and everyone or worse, the planet blows apart and ceases to be a planet any more.  :-// :-// :-//

--- End quote ---

You must be pulling our plonkers. Natural gas that has happily spent millions of years underground is suddenly going to start floating up into the air if we don't use it?

--- Quote ---I don't know the answers really, and I'm pretty sure nobody else does, we may think that we do..but do we really :-//

Looking at the animal / plant world for instance, it would seem that each animal, insect or plant has a specific role to play in the grand scheme of things and in one form or other all rely on each other for food and regulation. So how can we really be certain that fossil fuels aren't just a spoke in the great circle / wheel of life and that man was meant to discover it and use it like we do :-// Didn't early man have fires in their caves and use fire to scare off predators like wild lions etc. It makes you think what if... don't it?

--- End quote ---

That position that "each animal, insect or plant has a specific [designed]  role to play in the grand scheme of things" and "that man was meant to discover" requires some variant of the "everything was planned, designed and made by [a] sky fairy/fairies" theory. I very much doubt that any sane sky fairy would plan for fossil fuels to exist just so we could use up too much of them to bugger the planet over. Then again, in most mythologies the sky fairy/fairies seem to suffer from one or more of the variants of psychological disorders along the narcissistic/sociopathic/psychopathic continuum so I suppose it isn't something that one should rule out merely because it would be the plan of a mad entity/entities.

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: Cerebus on July 05, 2022, 12:22:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Specmaster on July 05, 2022, 09:02:39 am ---Ok, then that video does sort of make some sense, but here is another angle, what would happen with all that natural gas if we don't use it for heating or cooking? It's going to get released into the atmosphere and do what? Build up to become a huge big gas cloud that we are going to be breathing in and then one day a lightening strike ignites it and the entire planet erupts into a huge fireball and incinerates everything and everyone or worse, the planet blows apart and ceases to be a planet any more.  :-// :-// :-//

--- End quote ---

You must be pulling our plonkers. Natural gas that has happily spent millions of years underground is suddenly going to start floating up into the air if we don't use it?

--- End quote ---

Undersea methane clathrate/hydrate? (Note the question mark)

Methane in permafrost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version