Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (25095/27241) > >>

med6753:

--- Quote from: bd139 on July 06, 2022, 11:17:34 am ---Oh don't. I'm probably going to have to do that 465B at some point. It's working fine though at the moment bar that popped IC so I'm not going to fix it until it breaks now.

BTW good job on the 1A1

--- End quote ---

Don't fret. There will be plenty of pictures which you can save to your own files for reference when you get around to re-capping it.  ;D

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: bd139 on July 06, 2022, 11:28:08 am ---Police mostly have better things to do than checking stopped cars for phone activity. That comes from a police officer I know

He’s currently playing “which pikey nicked the motorbike”

--- End quote ---

While we were both stopped in a traffic jam in opposite directions, one copper opened the window and, IIRC, said something like "at least you aren't using it while moving".

If they pull you over for something else, they may add such an offence to the (possibly empty) set of things they are recording for the future.

med6753:
One ex of mine managed to get two using cell while driving tickets. At $150 USD each plus court costs. Did it deter her? Not one bit.  :palm:

vk6zgo:

--- Quote from: tggzzz on July 06, 2022, 08:28:25 am ---
--- Quote from: bd139 on July 06, 2022, 06:46:00 am ---Yeah there are some recent advances which pretty much make the paper maps a backup option only in the UK. It has got to the point where even on the mountain leader courses it’s secondary navigation only.

The OSMaps app is a fine example. You have vector, 25k and 50k layers, full offline support, precise positioning and backtracking. Importantly it’s far more up to date than paper maps, particularly in areas with coastal erosion which change very rapidly.   This all fits in a little box that lasts all day, is waterproof and takes photos too and works in the dark without having to shoot your adjusted eyes with a torch. And it syncs with the compass on your wrist to give you absolute bearings for each leg. Of course I have backup nav. I usually carry an eTrex 10 for backtracking and GPX plotting and paper map in bag.
I’ll take the phone any day! It’s much better.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but in the UK it isn't illegal to sit in a stationary car and read a paper map. Touch a phone to do that and you've committed an offence which can get your driving licence revoked.

Yes, I know it is more nuanced than that. The whole topic is subject for creative misinterpretation by drivers and the police :(

Try to choose an alternative route on a satnav, and it is nearly impossible. The best route is what the manufacturer in their "wisdom" decides is the best route. Plenty of scope for arguments with daughter there :)

--- End quote ---

My daughter is into spoken directions on her phone, & "in a weak moment" on several occasions, I have tried to navigate by such directions (when she is in the car holding the phone).

It always freaks me out.
The thing doesn't know the difference between a huge roundabout & a tiny one, so it says things like "turn right at the second exit", when the roundabout is just a few metres in diameter, placed in the middle of a normal intersection.

It will also send you down some  40kmh "goat track", insisting it is a shorter distance, & hence "faster" than the multi-laned 100kmh controlled access highway alternative.

GreyWoolfe:

--- Quote from: Cerebus on July 06, 2022, 09:09:27 am ---
--- Quote from: GreyWoolfe on July 06, 2022, 12:21:49 am ---Thankfully, I am not my pants either.  I have forgotten my phone, keys, wallet, BT headset and pen but I haven't YET left the house without my pants.  Yet.  I hope that day never comes. :palm: 

--- End quote ---

Why not? it's fun to go out without your pants. Ask any toddler.  :-DD

--- Quote ---My memory seems to be slipping more and more.  Mrs GreyWoolfe thinks its the chemotherapy/fatigue from it that causes my memory issues.  I will not disabuse her of that notion.

--- End quote ---

You aren't losing your marbles yet, it is the chemo. A friend has been complaining about getting "chemo brain" after his treatments but he bounces back to normal after a couple of weeks.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the encouraging word.  I am 13 months into an 18 month cycle.  The physical/mental exhaustion is wearing.  I also read that it can take from 4.5 to 6 months after treatment ends for testosterone levels to return to normal so basically I could potentially have another year of this bullsh!t to go through.  Mrs GreyWoolfe is also my primary care's medical assistant, she is a pretty smart cookie for not having a medical degree.  I do believe her but for me, the light at the end of the tunnel is but a pinprick that I have to squint at to make out.  By the way, only toddlers get away without pants and only Michael Jackson got away with grabbing his junk in public.  I fear I would end up in a rubber room in a very form fitting jacket. :-DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version