Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (25849/26300) > >>

Specmaster:

--- Quote from: bd139 on August 10, 2022, 07:58:04 am ---
--- Quote from: Specmaster on August 10, 2022, 07:49:49 am ---
--- Quote from: bd139 on August 10, 2022, 07:42:04 am ---At least you’re heading in the right direction now  >:D. Repent!

Got rudely awoken by pigeons on top of my chimney this morning. Another thing I won’t have to bloody put up with in a couple of weeks.

Have got inventory appointment next week so I am going to LiDAR the room and plan bench engineering  >:D

--- End quote ---
Just because you will no longer have a chimney won't deter pigeons, you have a window ledge and maybe even a balcony at the new place, oh and forget that squirrels can climb, so even they will still have the power to haunt you.  :-DD

Good luck on the move, you must be looking forward to it now?

--- End quote ---

Fair point. We’re on the 4th (top) floor so this may be a problem. If it is they will have to fall off  :-DD.

The top floor was important for clear sky view (GPS antenna  :-DD)

--- End quote ---
Hmm, also should the unthinkable happen, the worst place to be in the event of fire or other emergency event in the building  :P

EDIT:
Just sold a duff calculator for spares, eBay seems to be picking up.

med6753:

--- Quote from: bd139 on August 10, 2022, 07:42:04 am ---At least you’re heading in the right direction now  >:D. Repent!

Got rudely awoken by pigeons on top of my chimney this morning. Another thing I won’t have to bloody put up with in a couple of weeks.

Have got inventory appointment next week so I am going to LiDAR the room and plan bench engineering  >:D

--- End quote ---
Just because you will no longer have a chimney won't deter pigeons, you have a window ledge and maybe even a balcony at the new place, oh and forget that squirrels can climb, so even they will still have the power to haunt you.  :-DD

--- End quote ---

Fair point. We’re on the 4th (top) floor so this may be a problem. If it is they will have to fall off  :-DD.

--- End quote ---

You must be a light sleeper. Awakened by the cooing of pigeons? Now if it were a mob of crows I could understand it.  ;D

Box fan my boy. Adopted it many years ago when working night shift and had to sleep during the day. Drowns out all that noise. Still use it to this day.  :-+

And what is this inventory that you speak of? TE stuff?  :-//

Edit....and for your own safety you better X-ray that Spanish women's purse for knives.  :-DD

Specmaster:

--- Quote from: med6753 on August 10, 2022, 08:29:21 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You must be a light sleeper. Awakened by the cooing of pigeons? Now if it were a mob of crows I could understand it.  ;D

Box fan my boy. Adopted it many years ago when working night shift and had to sleep during the day. Drowns out all that noise. Still use it to this day.  :-+

Edit....and for your own safety you better X-ray that Spanish women's purse for knives.  :-DD

--- End quote ---
I concur with you, the noise of a box fan is similar to white noise, which many people use to aid sleeping. My sons plays white noise on his phone all night so he can sleep better. I have a box fan on in my lab and nobody believes me when I say that cannot hear them when they call me from downstairs, when the fan is running.  :palm:

tautech:

--- Quote from: Specmaster on August 10, 2022, 08:49:07 am ---
--- Quote from: med6753 on August 10, 2022, 08:29:21 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I concur with you, the noise of a box fan is similar to white noise, which many people use to aid sleeping. My sons plays white noise on his phone all night so he can sleep better. I have a box fan on in my lab and nobody believes me when I say that cannot hear them when they call me from downstairs, when the fan is running.  :palm:

--- End quote ---
:-//
And you make out like this is a disability when it's actually a highly developed skill of the married man.  ;)

m k:

--- Quote from: mnementh on August 09, 2022, 10:39:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: factory on August 09, 2022, 08:53:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on August 09, 2022, 02:31:17 am ---HP MegaZoom Mega-Post!!!

...I didn't have time or energy for that tonight, so I took one for the team and just swapped the CRT neck board over and tried it.

Franken-monitor is no joy; it is not possible to make a CDM-7SF191 serve as a CDM-7SX191 just by swapping the CRT neck PCB.  :P
--- End quote ---

Re: the rolling picture with the CRT neck board swap, did you try adjusting the horizontal/vertical hold controls (CRT main board)  & the contrast control (CRT neck board), when you swapped the board to the older CRT?

David
--- End quote ---
Yeah; it's not a rolling picture, it's only raster and retrace, no video information. The black bar you see there is just a digital camera artifact. I'd have pursued it further, but I was hoping I hadn't fried something with my little experiment, so only powered it up like that a couple times before deciding to pull the plug.

Cheers!

mnem
 :-/O

--- End quote ---

Did you measure any voltages before or after?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version