Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (26290/26465) > >>

DC1MC:

--- Quote from: DC1MC on September 29, 2022, 08:29:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: capt bullshot on September 29, 2022, 05:56:01 pm ---<...>
BTW, IIRC the THS710 models can be converted to 720 by changing an internal jumper. I believe it has to be a THS7x0A (not the "blank") for that hack to work. One can also convert them into a 730A or 720P. You don't get the 730's bandwidth, but at least the sample rate increases to 1GS/s, and the additional capabilities of the 720P are rather poor for todays standards.

--- End quote ---

I can confirm that also the THS710 -> THS720 conversion works like a charm, SPC worked also as well after conversion.
Now I'm wondering if the P variants have some special stuff inside, because is tempting to try it  >:D.

--- End quote ---

Well, no 730 with or 720P with the 710 Standard, but a solid 720: 100MHz and 50ns/div, good enough for the money paid. The SPC works OK and afterwards just the slightest overshot on its calibration signal with the previously calibrated original probe, it could have been that when I calibrated first time was not hot enough. Anyway it was minimal and there was no strange DC offset at all, as I've seen on other conversions, so I'll say mission completed successfully  :-DMM. Next stop is the LED conversion, but the tube still have some life in it, so I'm in no hurry.

Cheers,
DC1MC

factory:

--- Quote from: Vince on September 29, 2022, 08:15:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: factory on September 29, 2022, 06:37:18 pm ---There is a possibly borked one in Italy for less €, anybodies guess if the circuits are in the instruction manual.  :-//

https://www.ebay.it/itm/115364848006

Edit: manual is here: https://www.aef.se/Matteknik/Matteknikportal/Dokument/Manualer/MN%20124_%20Digital%20Multimeter-8215.pdf

I suspect my HP 132A will be delivered tomorrow, probably won't get a chance to unbox it, as I will be in hospital most of the day.  |O

David

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that !  Well within my "old junk impulse buy " budget  :-+

and it needs fixing as well, cool, something to play with ! >:D

schematic seems to suggest that the instrument uses several custom chips, however looks like they contain nothing but very basic logic elements, flip-flops, which they could have implemented using regular TTL chips for all I see.... maybe doing so would have required too much board space though, and would have made it impossible to achieve the super compact form factor they targeted here.
So worse case if need be, I could design replacement boards that use normal TTL chips instead, and if indeed they don't fit, I could try to get round this problem by using modern, much smaller SMD packages, or even where that might help, tiny single or double gate packages. Or I could go even go and do what they probably did here, and program some PAL/GAL. Love these old things and want to play with them, so that could be an excellent excuse to do so, and would look much more period correct in this instrument, so double win.  8)

I am very tempted.... but need to know how much he charges for shipping.... used Google Translate to understand what it says and... it's not looking good : at the bottom where you look for the shipping options, it says it won't ship to Ukraine or Belarus or Russia.... so I thought OK so France should be fine then... so I click on the drop down menu to select France and... uh.... this "list" is not a list.... it allows you to chose only between Italy, Italy and Italy !!  |O

Might be why I fail to find this ad when I search for it from French Ebay, even when I extend the search worldwide, and even if I type the item number in the search box ! :-//

Dave how did you find this ad then ?! Using a VPN ? till, that would require knowing beforehand that it was located in Italy, so it's chicken and egg...

Might try my chance and ask the seller any way, if he can ship to France.

Where is Zucca when you need him !

--- End quote ---

I used google to search for "Schneider MN124", one of the search results was for "picclick.it" (I use "picclick" regularly to get round the search geo-blocking by ePay  |O mostly for the .com site): https://picclick.it/Strumento-Vintage-Di-Misura-Della-Schneider-Mod-MN124-115364848006.html

Then I click on the "get details on ePay" button and on ePay I normally change the web address back to .co.uk to see it translated into English, that tells me the seller in this case "May not post to United Kingdom (or France in your case). Read item description or contact seller for postage options."

You should be able to ask this seller a question about postage, there is no communication blocking in this case (but most of the time there is  |O).

Not sure Zucca could help, as he relocated to the USA.

David

TERRA Operative:

--- Quote from: Neepa on September 29, 2022, 09:30:39 pm ---Currently enduring shipping hell with GLS for a HP4145A Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer.

Already had the package diverted to a paketshop only to have it not delivered to it due to "Closed. Due to vacation." Either the shop hadn't opened when the guy tried to deliver it or he didn't want to haul the heavy thing to it. Because I went there after work and it is open.

No the joke is on him. Used delivery while absent and now he can haul it up four floors to my flat's door. :-DD >:D
Really hoping it isn't stolen while im at work. :scared:

Yes it was that HP4145A that sold on ebay recently.

--- End quote ---

Got floppy disks for it?
I might have a spare....

Neepa:
The previous owner already had it converted to SD card booting so floppies are no longer required.
Now that I think about it I wanted to ask if he still had the old drive and would be willing to include it.....damn.

Gotta buy two additional trivial cables too. Thankfully I've got a source for em.

Vince:

--- Quote from: factory on September 29, 2022, 10:02:47 pm ---I used google to search for "Schneider MN124", one of the search results was for "picclick.it" (I use "picclick" regularly to get round the search geo-blocking by ePay  |O mostly for the .com site): https://picclick.it/Strumento-Vintage-Di-Misura-Della-Schneider-Mod-MN124-115364848006.html

Then I click on the "get details on ePay" button and on ePay I normally change the web address back to .co.uk to see it translated into English, that tells me the seller in this case "May not post to United Kingdom (or France in your case). Read item description or contact seller for postage options."

You should be able to ask this seller a question about postage, there is no communication blocking in this case (but most of the time there is  |O).

Not sure Zucca could help, as he relocated to the USA.

David

--- End quote ---

Oh OK, thanks for the tip... will have to remember that.

Zucca is not in the US but he said he had long arms reaching in Germany where he used to livel, so probably also has even longer arms in his home country !  ;D

The 100 Euros French one, I se, is already sold this evening !!!  :o

https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/2228862792.htm

Wow... I honestly didn't think it would sell so fast at THAT price !
Guess I am not the only one who liked it very much then !

hmmm... so this defective cheap Italian one is now not only a cheap option, but the only option... so even more tempted.

I will try to contact the seller, hope he  speaks English. At least Zucca could being a native Italian he could maybe help me out communicating with the seller...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version