Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (27094/27176) > >>

Vince:

OK, posting about my old keyboard was a bit questionable, I admit but... let me regain your trust with this !  >:D

30 seconds ago I bought this on leboncoin.fr, posted less than 2 hours ago ... a Metrix MX20HD .... in perfect nick, probably never used really, for only 50 Euros and only 5 Euros for shipping and fees.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/2460608713.htm

The " HD " suffix is just how Metrix revamped their old line of ASYC2 meters, the ones I like so much.
The instruments are 100% the same, just they called them "HD" and also they changed the colour for this bright red.

To be honest I am not into the MX20 which is the very bottom of their ASYC2 range, a basic 2,000 count meter, didn't even use a 9V battery either, unlike its bigger brothers. No,  it runs on a couple AA batteries.
Well one could argue it's better... AA's being much cheaper than a 9V battery...

Anyway, I am more into the top of the range MX 53/54/56/57Ex series, which also exist in this revamped red version. I would love a red one of them.
Their model number got slightly changed :

MX53 (base model, 0.1%) = renamed MX58HD
MX54 (mid-range, 0.05%) = renamed MX59HD
MX56 (top of the range, 0.025%) = discontinued
MX57Ex (basically an Ex version of the MX56) = still called the same.

Problem : for some reason, all these new versions, in red, didn't come with the safety jack cover at the bottom. Call me silly, but these meters look butt ugly without this jack cover, like they are naked, like they are "incomplete"... It put me off buying one of those.

HOWEVER : Metrix for some very strange reason, decided that there would be an exception : the bottom of the range, MX20HD, somehow, DOES come with the jack cover !

So...I bought this cheap MX20HD purely to get the red cover, so that now I can buy a red MX57Ex or 59HD.... and add the red cover to it to make it "complete" !  ^-^

Of course I don't need yet another ASYC2 meter, so I decided to keep it a constant sum inventory, and I will get rid of one my other ASYC 2 meters. I have already an MX20 (original / old dark blue version then, not red), so I will get rid of that one. It's like new and I got it for only 10 Euros because the seller said the meter works just fine, but goes through a set of fresh batteries in a matter of an hour even if turned off. I tried it.... indeed it's true !!!  :scared:
So I bought it for the fun of trying to fix it. This way I would have had an MX20 (for the sake of having one of each ASYC2 model in my collection) in super nick for only 10 Euros...
I guess it's just some almost shorted decoupling cap on the power supply, or other obvious current draw. Will look into that...

Black Phoenix:
Terra, hows the Yokogawa fairing? Fall in love of it, ready to send it to me to improve my lab capacity?

Joking, now how's the Fluke, gone around to try anything or at the least remove what you need to fix your unit?

TERRA Operative:
The Yokogawa is packed up now ready to send to its new owner. :) It was fun while it lasted. :D

Still have to look at the Fluke, had to clear off my bench first, so now I should be able to get to it this week.

GraXXoR:
I have a chance of picking up an Agilent 8561A (probeless but otherwise working) in VGC and cosmetically also without a single mark for a potential song and a prayer.

Question is I’m curious much would you Connoisseurs of testing gear think is a song and a prayer for this device.

It’s the 6.5 gigahertz device not the contemporaneous 22 GHz 8562 model.

Just curious to see what you people think about this particular spectrum analyser.

W6EL:

--- Quote from: GraXXoR on December 12, 2023, 03:24:15 pm ---I have a chance of picking up an Agilent 8561A (probeless but otherwise working) in VGC and cosmetically also without a single mark for a potential song and a prayer.

Question is I’m curious much would you Connoisseurs of testing gear think is a song and a prayer for this device.

It’s the 6.5 gigahertz device not the contemporaneous 22 GHz 8562 model.

Just curious to see what you people think about this particular spectrum analyser.

--- End quote ---

Does it have the tracking generator?

I like that particular generation more than the one that came after it.

Anyone working up past 6 GHz really should be comfortable building up/down converters and such, I think paying more for 22 GHz isn't worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version