Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14942756 times)

dazz1, Jambalaya and 218 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #47200 on: January 16, 2020, 03:03:55 pm »
Once you put a ring on their finger, the sex slowly dries up anyway, it gets to a point where you think, whats the point of it all, all that expense and grief that they give you and for what. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have stayed single and have more money in the bank and much more sex to boot as well, without the nagging etc.  :-+

Been there, done that, got the divorce papers that ended it. The only good things to come from it were my two daughters.
I'm now a happily divorced man who is master of his domain and disposable income.
  Lord of Sealand

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47201 on: January 16, 2020, 03:05:08 pm »

Let me tell ya.. Your wife has chosen you for you being also practically gifted and she's very comfortable with you being her household maintenance man/multi-talented workman.   >:D
Don't ask me...   :-DD

I don't know man.  I spent...years...doing auto and home repairs for women in the blind hope of getting access to their bodies.  The "logic" was something like "if I do this she will see me as generous and capable and maybe she will want to have sex with me"  So many clutches, timing belts, leaky faucets...etc.

It was only after I had well and truly squandered my youth that I came to realize that this is not, at all, how women choose who to admit to their beds.  In fact, if such is your primary goal you are, sadly, better off treating them poorly.

Still not much sex, but at least I am not greasy and bleeding knuckled as often now.
Once you put a ring on their finger, the sex slowly dries up anyway, it gets to a point where you think, whats the point of it all, all that expense and grief that they give you and for what. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have stayed single and have more money in the bank and much more sex to boot as well, without the nagging etc.  :-+

The intense early stage of a romantic relationship typically lasts anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, give or take, according to the psychologists.  So, whether you put a ring on her finger or not, the intensity will eventually morph into a long term, calmer form of relationship (if you're lucky!).  Hence why infidelity is so popular...  (70% of married men, apparently.  Women are not far behind.) 

People crave the dopamine rush of being in love, but don't necessarily want to give up their long term relationships...

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47202 on: January 16, 2020, 03:12:01 pm »

The intense early stage of a romantic relationship typically lasts anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, give or take, according to the psychologists.  So, whether you put a ring on her finger or not, the intensity will eventually morph into a long term, calmer form of relationship (if you're lucky!).  Hence why infidelity is so popular...  (70% of married men, apparently.  Women are not far behind.) 

People crave the dopamine rush of being in love, but don't necessarily want to give up their long term relationships...
Thats the point, if you're single and don't allow her to move in with and live as a married couple, then when that stage is reached, you can move on to another and as long as you can keep it up, you'll enjoy great sex without the downsides as well.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #47203 on: January 16, 2020, 03:16:18 pm »
Still not much sex, but at least I am not greasy and bleeding knuckled as often now.
Quote from: Woody Allen
  Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.

If you emerge greasy and blood knuckled you must be an expert, and it probably involved a female Klingon.

Close... Cajun girl.  :-DD

I married her, and I'm just smart enough to know I'm exponentially better off with her than without.  ;)

mnem
"I used to call her crazy for marrying me... but as I am the benefactor of said madness, I think it is much wiser not to bring that to her attention lest she come to her senses and kick me to the curb where I belong."
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: URI

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #47204 on: January 16, 2020, 03:28:40 pm »
One of my best tool purchases ever:      About the size of a junior Swiss army knife and has T6 through T20 'bits'. Although I have a pretty full set of proper handled Torx screwdrivers this is the one that gets used most becuase it's just so convenient.
I got one of them as well, bloody great tool. For a while I was coming across things that had screws so far recessed that those would not reach them so brought a set of long torx drivers that fit the 1/4" drives, and since I got them, have suddenly stopped finding devices like that  :palm:
I bought one I stumbled across at an auto parts store "Any (cheap Chinese import) tool for $5" bin sale" because it was all security Torx.

Quality turned out to be much better than the price, so I keep it along with similar Eklind Metric and SAE keyfolds in the bottom of my "Bag of Dirty Tricks". Personally, I don't care for any of them, as they have a tendency to fold up while you're using them... but still very handy in your kit bag; especially when you're in an attic/basement/crawlspace fettling with something and realize only after you're surrounded by bits/pieces that you need that one oddball driver. :-+

mnem
*driven*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:32:26 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #47205 on: January 16, 2020, 03:41:56 pm »
I have this one (with some Torx bits) in my backpack. Very useful.

Once I've bought this multitool for a friend of mine as a gift. I asked at a Mister Minit service point
if they could engrave it with the name of my friend. The guy sad: "Yes, come back in half an hour."

After half an hour I showed up and looked in a very unhappy face. "What happened?", I asked him.
"Well, the engraving is very dim, because the steel is too hard. And it ruined my graver."  :o

Upsi!  ;)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Monittosan

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47206 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:49 pm »

Thats the point, if you're single and don't allow her to move in with and live as a married couple, then when that stage is reached, you can move on to another and as long as you can keep it up, you'll enjoy great sex without the downsides as well.

It's a high price to pay, to give up a good long term relationship for a sequence of short term buzzes.  When I was younger, I'd probably have agreed with you though!  :-)

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47207 on: January 16, 2020, 03:52:30 pm »

Been there, done that, got the divorce papers that ended it. The only good things to come from it were my two daughters.
I'm now a happily divorced man who is master of his domain and disposable income.

Including alimony payments in that calculation?   >:D

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #47208 on: January 16, 2020, 04:03:19 pm »

Griezewald lives in Sweden, where rules are different. If you have custody (partial or full) of children, you don't pay very much. If the other parent has full custody of children, you pay.  IIRC.  What you owned in marriage is split, which in and of itself can be a problem (who gets the house? the other part will be forced to sell their share of the house, if, which is the default, it is shared. )

I'm happily married and plan to stay so (my wife is my best enabler, as I've already written upthread), which means I'm not fully updated on all details in this, but the rules are different, that much is true.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:37:23 pm by mansaxel »

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, URI, grizewald

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47209 on: January 16, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »

It's a high price to pay, to give up a good long term relationship for a sequence of short term buzzes.  When I was younger, I'd probably have agreed with you though!  :-)
Yeah, but I'm 70 and on my second marriage and I'm sure that I'd have been enjoying far more sex as a result. As my old Gran used to say, that the way to a man's heart and to keep that man, is to in her words "Top and Tail him" and indeed I have watched documentaries about prostitutes, and they say that they just don't understand the average wife who won't provide for her husband what he wants, after all, they said, it normally doesn't take too long before they can get back to watching soaps or whatever they want to do.  :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47210 on: January 16, 2020, 04:31:55 pm »
Today my Fluke / Philips PM6681 arrived. Including a nice ring file with the owner's manual and the programmer's manual.

This is a funny bodge, no idea if this was done by Fluke or the previous owner.

I made a change to one of my Fluke PM6680 counters as well that improved stability (rear of photo).

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, BU508A

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #47211 on: January 16, 2020, 04:35:04 pm »
Downloaded that free from the web  :-DD :-DD

Look properly lad, it's not the third edition, it's the mythical X-chapters.

How did you get to the front of the queue?   :-+   Amazon is still showing "not released yet", at least to me.
specialization is for insects.

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #47212 on: January 16, 2020, 05:01:18 pm »
It is always interesting to watch the conversation that ensues whenever relationships come up around here.

While I've had a couple of BSC women in my life (whose crazy, by the way, was completely apparent from day one) almost all of my "troubles with women" were largely of my own making. It took me quite a few decades to figure this out, let alone do anything about it but the result has been well worth the work involved.  I am lucky, though, because my partner's patience and endurance - especially in the early years - got us through more than one rocky patch I had to plow up along the way.
specialization is for insects.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, URI

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47213 on: January 16, 2020, 05:09:37 pm »

Nooo... I live in Sweden. If you both agree to a no-fault divorce and equally share taking care of any children, there is no gravy train for the ex-wife like there is in some other countries.
  Lord of Sealand

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #47214 on: January 16, 2020, 05:25:45 pm »
While you guys have been lamenting about your relationships the CA plug-in finally showed up. Preliminary tests reveal this one is much more stable than the one that came with the 535A. Going to let it cook for a while then attempt to adjust the DC balance.

Oh....and the lady cop is coming up this weekend. Yea, you can't live without them.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47215 on: January 16, 2020, 05:37:57 pm »

Oh yes it is, third edition, all 1225 pages of it, 3rd edition 2015, 7th printing 2016 with the corrections.

I don't mean look at the hooky copy you filched off the web of the 3rd edition, I mean look at the photo I posted which is the long awaited (5 years) X-chapters volume!
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #47216 on: January 16, 2020, 05:49:10 pm »

Nooo... I live in Sweden. If you both agree to a no-fault divorce and equally share taking care of any children, there is no gravy train for the ex-wife like there is in some other countries.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098621/
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47217 on: January 16, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »
...along with similar Eklind Metric and SAE keyfolds ...

The one I've got is Eklind (model No 22572 in case anyone's in the market for some), don't remember where I got it. I know exactly what you mean about the 'folding up' thing - they need to be used with appropriate caution and if you need real torque it's time to reach for something with a handle because that's when you're most at danger of the whole thing folding up on you. Then it's bloody knuckles time without the pleasure of the messy sex.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #47218 on: January 16, 2020, 05:52:39 pm »

Oh yes it is, third edition, all 1225 pages of it, 3rd edition 2015, 7th printing 2016 with the corrections.

I don't mean look at the hooky copy you filched off the web of the 3rd edition, I mean look at the photo I posted which is the long awaited (5 years) X-chapters volume!

Is it hooky if one of the authors posted it?

Win Hill, did put that copy on Dropbox, and publicised a link
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47219 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:58 pm »

How did you get to the front of the queue?   :-+   Amazon is still showing "not released yet", at least to me.

I pre-ordered directly from the publishers, the Cambridge University Press, this Tuesday afternoon. How that translates into delivery less than 48 hours later is a mystery to me, but nevertheless I'm one happy little aardvark.

I haven't had time for more than a quick flick so far, but what little I've read up to this point looks as useful as I was hoping it would be.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #47220 on: January 16, 2020, 06:03:05 pm »

Yeah, but I'm 70 and on my second marriage and I'm sure that I'd have been enjoying far more sex as a result. As my old Gran used to say, that the way to a man's heart and to keep that man, is to in her words "Top and Tail him" and indeed I have watched documentaries about prostitutes, and they say that they just don't understand the average wife who won't provide for her husband what he wants, after all, they said, it normally doesn't take too long before they can get back to watching soaps or whatever they want to do.  :-DD :-DD :-DD

I am 63 myself, Mrs GreyWoolfe is 9 years younger than me.  She's my second and I am her third. We will celebrate 15 years in April. The passion is almost the same, the sex is better as we have grown to know each other more intimately and if life gets in the way and the gap is too long, we reset.  We aren't intimate as often as we used to be but that is due to physical/health issues on both our part more than the lack of passion.  She has no worries of infidelity on my part, I struggle just to keep up with her.  I don't worry about infidelity on her part.  She is more than happy to say that she knows what she has and aint giving it up.  We both traveled some seriously broken roads that brought us together and we have had our share of struggles but we've overcome everything thrown at us and came out stronger for it.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47221 on: January 16, 2020, 06:03:43 pm »

Really? Win put the whole 3rd edition out there for free? Gosh.

I've seen hooky copies slushing about in the usual places, some good, some bad. (I freely admit to snaffling one to supplement my paid-for paper copy. I'd have bought an ebook version in the first place if I could have had a guaranteed DRM free copy but at the time no ebook was available and it looked as if the planned ebook was going to be DRM'd.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:05:51 pm by Cerebus »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47222 on: January 16, 2020, 06:09:01 pm »
I keep the PDF on my phone. This is because the hardback copy makes your legs numb when you’re reading it on the shitter.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47223 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:05 pm »

Err NO, but here is the link to the site where many books can downloaded for free, it might well be there if you go for the premium site.
https://www.pdfdrive.com/
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: exor, FransW

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #47224 on: January 16, 2020, 06:21:57 pm »

Really? Win put the whole 3rd edition out there for free? Gosh.

I've seen hooky copies slushing about in the usual places, some good, some bad. (I freely admit to snaffling one to supplement my paid-for paper copy. I'd have bought an ebook version in the first place if I could have had a guaranteed DRM free copy but at the time no ebook was available and it looked as if the planned ebook was going to be DRM'd.)

His messages, including the link, are available for greybeards who know how to use google. A couple of weeks ago the file was still there :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf