Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14821925 times)

Offline WastelandTek

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #50450 on: February 22, 2020, 03:23:48 pm »

you and swmbo think alike.

only difference is that her idea of making space is a company called "1-800-got junk". 

her usual threat is "was gonna call them after you are dead, but other arrangements can be made".

I think we should all take to heart the recent fiasco down in Portland and take responsibility for orderly dishoarding while we are able.  I know I will.
I'm new here, but I tend to be pretty gregarious, so if I'm out of my lane please call me out.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50451 on: February 22, 2020, 03:31:39 pm »
Spreadsheet here. My eldest is savvy enough to know what to do with it all.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, AVGresponding

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50452 on: February 22, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
pretty sure that is the guy over in mt joy that sold me an hp 8569b.  did a local pick up since he is just across the river.

do i need I need to make the space for another power supply?

Fixed that for you...

you and swmbo think alike.

only difference is that her idea of making space is a company called "1-800-got junk". 

her usual threat is "was gonna call them after you are dead, but other arrangements can be made".

english women are scary. (AND don't ever call them "hyacinth" or "mrs bucket".  learned that the hard way.)
Only English women who are scary are red heads, blondes are scatter brains, Brunettes tend to be the best   :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50453 on: February 22, 2020, 04:26:54 pm »
Dunno about that. That one that had a pet turkey/vulture/some weird ass thing and a fox (which stank) was a brunette.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50454 on: February 22, 2020, 04:59:34 pm »
Dunno about that. That one that had a pet turkey/vulture/some weird ass thing and a fox (which stank) was a brunette.
Well YMMV, was she a true Brunette  :-DD

Just got myself another new handheld meter, Rapid Electronics branded Extech EX530, 40k count Cat3 1,000V, IP67 drop proof up to 2.9m and 3 yr warranty, current Amazon price is £177.50, my price (cheap arse like yourself) £20 delivered.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:55:06 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #50455 on: February 22, 2020, 05:21:24 pm »
We've launched VMs, because we wanted to solve the problems with the distributions.
We've launched Container, because we wanted to solve the problems with the VMs.
We've launched Docker, because we wanted to solve the problems with Container.
We've launched Kubernets, because we wanted to solve the problems with Docker.

And now we want to launch Serverless, because we want to spend more money to Amazon. Oh, wait, to solve the problems with Kubernets.

Source (in German):
https://blog.fefe.de/?ts=a0ee2157

And here is a nice deployment diagram:

Serverless is a great idea. Instead of having your own people deal with issues you have this black box you need others to fix. Makes for ideal troubleshooting and cost efficiency.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:31:42 pm by Mr. Scram »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #50456 on: February 22, 2020, 06:37:44 pm »
Depends on how good your lawyers are when negotiating the service contract. If you have it set up so you counterbill for downtime, and your definitions for "downtime" are granular enough, you can make money on the service contract.  ::)

Happened to one of the ASPs I subcontracted for; the end-client tried to counterbill us for more than the service call claiming I was late to site, when I provided exemplary less-than-1-hour response time. The only thing that saved us was the fact I anally SMS-documented every step in their obscenely convoluted security process, with arrival time in front of the rack to the minute and every ridiculous step their bridge associate made me take in troubleshooting before admitting the fault was in fact infrastructure rather than the hardware we were responsible for.  |O

When the WO for said infrastructure work came across the wire the next day, I noted the address and politely declined citing :bullshit: allergies.  :-DD 

Guess my  techy-sense was tingling on that one; it wasn't until almost 2 weeks later the counterbilling nonsense went down. :palm:

mnem
*currently trying to un-fuckerize a Android TV box with UI defaulted to Chinese*

alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #50457 on: February 22, 2020, 06:42:26 pm »
In a little over 2 hours Saturday's Discord session will start.

Need I say more?  >:D :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #50458 on: February 22, 2020, 07:45:04 pm »
Reminder for the always absent limeys, Dischord in 12 hours !  :horse:

Learnt something new today  :-+ :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limey
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #50459 on: February 22, 2020, 07:47:31 pm »
In a little over 2 hours Saturday's Discord session will start.

Need I say more?  >:D :-DD

To shorten time a little bit until the Discord session starts, here's a link to one of my favourite restauration channels (mechanics):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrMVIBtqFW6O0-MWq26gqw/videos
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:50:29 pm by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #50460 on: February 22, 2020, 08:24:34 pm »
Page 2019! "We're in now-now" and we'll soon be passing ourselves.

Everyone: But, we're not in 2019 anymore.
Me: I know, but if I don't post now, it'll be already be then and then it's too late.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:32:18 pm by bitseeker »
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #50461 on: February 22, 2020, 08:34:11 pm »
Depends on how good your lawyers are when negotiating the service contract. If you have it set up so you counterbill for downtime, and your definitions for "downtime" are granular enough, you can make money on the service contract.  ::)

Happened to one of the ASPs I subcontracted for; the end-client tried to counterbill us for more than the service call claiming I was late to site, when I provided exemplary less-than-1-hour response time. The only thing that saved us was the fact I anally SMS-documented every step in their obscenely convoluted security process, with arrival time in front of the rack to the minute and every ridiculous step their bridge associate made me take in troubleshooting before admitting the fault was in fact infrastructure rather than the hardware we were responsible for.  |O

When the WO for said infrastructure work came across the wire the next day, I noted the address and politely declined citing :bullshit: allergies.  :-DD 

Guess my  techy-sense was tingling on that one; it wasn't until almost 2 weeks later the counterbilling nonsense went down. :palm:

mnem
*currently trying to un-fuckerize a Android TV box with UI defaulted to Chinese*
You can rest assured this kind of service provider has excluded any responsibility they could.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50462 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:52 pm »
With Discord coming up, will it be today or tomorrow when the page count clicks over to 2020?  >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50463 on: February 22, 2020, 08:37:57 pm »
I’ve got the shits so I’m out tonight unless you want to have some unpleasant sounds  :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #50464 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:29 pm »
What's the Discord sessions about? Saw it mentioned here before but I don't think I ever got the gist.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #50465 on: February 22, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
I’ve got the shits so I’m out tonight unless you want to have some unpleasant sounds  :-DD
Didn't you have an unpleasant neighbour? You may want to make the most of your predicament.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #50466 on: February 22, 2020, 08:44:14 pm »
What's the Discord sessions about? Saw it mentioned here before but I don't think I ever got the gist.

Have a look at page 1 of this thread, there you'll find a description.

Edit:

Quote:
TEA Around the Web

The Official TEA server on Discord: Live text & voice chat. "TEA Time" chat every Saturday @ 21:00 UTC (some sessions may be recorded as a podcast).
    TEA on The Amp Hour podcast #470 @ ~15:30. "Ah, test gear. It's a sickness. You should join the Test Gear[sic] Anonymous thread on the EEVblog forum."

Now for something completely different:

Scary pictures:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/de/philippjahner/elektriker-lols-und-fails

Teaser:

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #50467 on: February 22, 2020, 08:45:29 pm »
The British are already abandoning ship.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #50468 on: February 22, 2020, 08:54:28 pm »

Then come along without a Mic. We don't mind if your keyboard makes smells  >:D

For those who have made poor excuses in the past there is a text chat and you can always just listen along to the  :bullshit:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: med6753, Specmaster

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50469 on: February 22, 2020, 10:30:55 pm »
So the Poms have redeemed themselves 'finally' on discord.  :-DD TEA Enabling PM sent to @Brumby so my Sunday morning is off to a good start  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #50470 on: February 22, 2020, 10:33:09 pm »
Heuer is good shit.  I have also sinned:

And a pack of shrouded and unshrouded lab cables for a very good price.

Now you need to remove the rust with a sander and the wheels to polish them up... We want mirror finish!

Mirror Mirror!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:36:44 pm by Zucca »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50471 on: February 22, 2020, 10:47:03 pm »
So the Poms have redeemed themselves 'finally' on discord.  :-DD TEA Enabling PM sent to @Brumby so my Sunday morning is off to a good start  >:D

I shall be along and more communicative next week if you're unlucky  :-DD

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #50472 on: February 22, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »
Feeling lonely with just you representing the Aussies Bean ? Rob just jumped in for a mo otherwise you were on your own.
Not sure if I can rope more K1w1's in or not.  :-\
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50473 on: February 22, 2020, 10:58:59 pm »
Feeling lonely with just you representing the Aussies Bean ? Rob just jumped in for a mo otherwise you were on your own.
Not sure if I can rope more K1w1's in or not.  :-\

Not feeling to lonely. We should keep it a secret and not hand out this link https://discordapp.com/channels/658020677533827101/658020677533827104 so other can find us  ;)

The problem may be to many with Mic's, some of us could talk underwater with a mouthful of marbles  ::) so it could get a bit messy.

So Shhhh Keep the link a secret  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50474 on: February 22, 2020, 11:12:26 pm »

Then come along without a Mic. We don't mind if your keyboard makes smells  >:D

For those who have made poor excuses in the past there is a text chat and you can always just listen along to the  :bullshit:
Yep, and maybe, just maybe next time you might get to hear me as well when I dig out my mic and get the levels set right. Funny though, people sound much different to how you imagine they would do, and sometimes that can be a blessing in disguise.   :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf