Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14938852 times)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #53875 on: March 29, 2020, 02:05:01 am »
0.75 internets. 

mnem
Fine, fine... and The Gum Wrapper of Doom. But only because I'm feeling extra generous. >:D
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #53876 on: March 29, 2020, 02:14:00 am »
So is @med facedown in the gutter or has his internerd just gone offline?

(Attachment Link)

:-DD No, the explanation is simpler than that. I laid down earlier in the afternoon with the intention of a short nap. Wound up sleeping many hours and right through our Discord session. Oh well.  :-// There's always next week.

So what is my prize for guessing correctly?   :-DD

(Attachment Link)

Give me a few days to think of something.  :-//

Not!  >:D :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #53877 on: March 29, 2020, 05:41:19 am »
Both thermocouples in mouth

(Attachment Link)

T1 in mouth, T2 in armpit

(Attachment Link)

TEA is good to have when you're sick. ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #53878 on: March 29, 2020, 05:45:29 am »
It’s not an issue yet. I’ll seek help if required. Statistically speaking it is 95% probability of being symptoms of this class with no further outcome, have no underlying health conditions (just had medical) so low probability of a life changing issue.

Hope it stays a non-issue and runs its course quickly.  :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #53879 on: March 29, 2020, 06:09:52 am »
Sunshine, Stanley, Surfaced, Square, Straight, Shiny, Sharp, Shavings, Satisfaction  8)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #53880 on: March 29, 2020, 06:40:34 am »
Sunshine, Stanley, Surfaced, Square, Straight, Shiny, Sharp, Shavings, Satisfaction  8)
Some touch-up paint needed, will it be black or smurf blue ? >:D
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #53881 on: March 29, 2020, 06:55:09 am »
All that napping yesterday has resulted in waking up today super early and can't go back to sleep. I guess I'll put the coffee on.

And speaking of unintended consequences. The "shelter in place" and "stay at home" requests/rules have resulted in a spike in police calls for domestic incidences. Yesterday morning the scanner was going nuts with multiple calls. Seems some families just shouldn't be together and holed up because tempers flare. Same thing happens over Thanksgiving but this seems to be much worse.  :-//

And another consequence. In the past 24 hours there have been 2 jumper/suicides off 2 Hudson River bridges. Typical is maybe one every few months. So hopefully that's not a new trend.   :scared: 

Coffee is ready.  :-+

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53882 on: March 29, 2020, 06:59:03 am »
Some touch-up paint needed, will it be black or smurf blue ? >:D

On the bits that don't matter Rustic Chipped Black is fine  ;) Blue is for Records and I don't own any 'yet'  ;D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #53883 on: March 29, 2020, 07:06:55 am »
All that napping yesterday has resulted in waking up today super early and can't go back to sleep. I guess I'll put the coffee on.

And speaking of unintended consequences. The "shelter in place" and "stay at home" requests/rules have resulted in a spike in police calls for domestic incidences. Yesterday morning the scanner was going nuts with multiple calls. Seems some families just shouldn't be together and holed up because tempers flare. Same thing happens over Thanksgiving but this seems to be much worse.  :-//

And another consequence. In the past 24 hours there have been 2 jumper/suicides off 2 Hudson River bridges. Typical is maybe one every few months. So hopefully that's not a new trend.   :scared: 

Same here Med, had a visit from our friendly member of 'the thin blue line' (6'4" 120 kg  ::) ) on the first day of our lockdown just to check we were all well and his comments were they would be kept busy with burgs and dommies for the next 4 weeks.

Missed todays Discord on purpose to take advantage of the first really nice day for a few to carry on with the bloody house painting. Brownie points duly earned and lost as 'er indoors ventured out and did the lawns which is generally my job. Oh well, at our age brownie points don't mean much anymore.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53884 on: March 29, 2020, 07:09:55 am »

In spite of me not being a fan of our PM largely due to past misdeeds between the National Cabinet and his ears we have added a Billion specifically toward mental health and this current Virus. Unlike elsewhere in the world minimal grandstanding and all working together.

In response to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Scott Morrison convened the first ever National Cabinet of Australia bringing together the Premiers and Chief Ministers of the States and Territories to coordinate the national response.[2] It has been described as akin to Australia's War Cabinet during the Second World War.[3]

If anyone needs to text, email or call someone because sometimes we all need other voices apart from the ones in our heads.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #53885 on: March 29, 2020, 07:47:27 am »
G'day mates. Sunshine outside, normally I'd call it a beautiful day strewn with Pollen flying around giving me asthmatic Vader like breathing. Time to hit the go button on the air purifier (I got Dyson TP02, but I guess BlueAirs are better ?)
Time to clean up the bench, rearrange the bits and give Hubby some space to clean his stuff.
Maybe I'll get that ultrasonic cleaner ready for him (if I decide to be a nice girl ...)

Next step: set up my FPGA dev system, I finally need to get some stuff done. (anybody out there who knows about image processing on FPGA level ??)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53886 on: March 29, 2020, 08:49:51 am »
'Safe' Socially distanced weekly Junk Food ration tonight in the shack. Hand Cut chips and 'healthy' Dim Sims  :-DD  ** not what my Mum had for dinner  ;)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, Kosmic

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #53887 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:04 am »

I just had to separate my children from each other ("OK, go to your rooms, NOW!"). For pretty much the same reasons, but the consequences aren't that far-reaching, of course.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53888 on: March 29, 2020, 10:22:45 am »
Morning all. Fell out of bed at 11:00  :-DD. Feeling much better today. Am going to sit and design an STM32 dev board that isn’t a piece of shit today that I can get 100% assembled at LCSC/JLCPCB. Sort of like a blue pill but less crap.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53889 on: March 29, 2020, 10:23:56 am »

I just had to separate my children from each other ("OK, go to your rooms, NOW!"). For pretty much the same reasons, but the consequences aren't that far-reaching, of course.

Mine are doing ok so far. They all have musical instruments so have been making music. We had a half decent rendition of Fletchers Memorial Home by PF yesterday. Seems to work. Although the youngest only knows the recorder and isn’t very good at it yet  :-DD

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53890 on: March 29, 2020, 10:29:57 am »
So is @med facedown in the gutter or has his internerd just gone offline?

(Attachment Link)

This is @med being "trained" that there are other testgear colours. Todays lesson - Fluke bumper yellow. Without the net he'd try to flee.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #53891 on: March 29, 2020, 10:33:27 am »

Maybe I'll get that ultrasonic cleaner ready for him (if I decide to be a nice girl ...)

Speaking of, I've got a mixing desk renovation project with a lot of C&K miniature toggle switches on. Those are nearly all intermittent, and while contact cleaner works OK for a short time, I'd really like to do better.  Would an ultrasonic bath (mine's a jewellery style toy, TBH, but) work? And what fluids would one need? I've seen the Dalibor Farny videos. He uses beakers in the bath, with (I assume) distilled/deionised water and some cleaning agent. The latter mostly to break surface tension, right?

Would this help? Am I on the right track?

/M, sometimes a nice boy, like now, when he's made lunch.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #53892 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:08 am »
I would throw them into an ultrasonic filled with electronics cleaner solution.
Something like
https://www.ultraschall-welt.de/em-303-500ml-leiter-und-platinen-reiniger.html
You may need to increase the temperature which may be difficult with a small use-at-home-for-your-glasses ultrasonic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #53893 on: March 29, 2020, 11:21:45 am »

Mine are doing ok so far. They all have musical instruments so have been making music. We had a half decent rendition of Fletchers Memorial Home by PF yesterday. Seems to work. Although the youngest only knows the recorder and isn’t very good at it yet  :-DD

It's not the kids who can't get along, it's the freakin parents.  :palm:

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #53894 on: March 29, 2020, 11:25:47 am »
The latest wood working project, TE related. A shelving unit for portable scopes. Get them out from on the floor underneath bench 2.

A safety bar on hinge and latch.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, worsthorse, bd139, beanflying, Kosmic

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53895 on: March 29, 2020, 11:28:42 am »

Yeah true. You’d think they know better. Problem is a lot of them are animals.

Gone full NIMBY police state wankers round here. One of our friends’ kid was shouted at by an old fucker because she was out going shopping for them. Then when she got to the supermarket was sent home again by the police ffs. So the high risk myeloma patient had to go shopping instead ffs  :palm:

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53896 on: March 29, 2020, 11:32:18 am »
Both thermocouples in mouth

(Attachment Link)

T1 in mouth, T2 in armpit

(Attachment Link)

Interesting, there are significant differences there Personally I would not trust those readings for medical purposes. Given that I have a purpose built infra-red  medical thermometer that takes readings from either Forehead or inner ear, these are the readings in the manual it sates,

Normal                    Fever
Forehead
35C - 38C               .6 or .8C higher

Inner ear
35.7C - 37.5C         37.6C

Seems to me to be crazy risking one's health to a self certified temperature reading which may differ completely with a certified medical device as used in medicinal circles.   :palm:                     
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53897 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:51 am »
Yes definitely. For my purposes I was seeing if it was practical to produce a calibration curve for one. You can’t just grab a thermocouple and use it but you can calibrate one.

Key problem is you can’t get medical thermometers at the moment here. But if you have a reference one and a thermocouple you can get an indicative reading in the short term at least good to 0.5oC or so

Also not joking but I had a Braun medical thermometer and it was incapable of picking up a fever. You have to spend if you want something reliable. Some of the bottom end stuff is more likely to kill you than the Fluke is.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:39:09 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #53898 on: March 29, 2020, 11:37:47 am »

Yeah true. You’d think they know better. Problem is a lot of them are animals.

Gone full NIMBY police state wankers round here. One of our friends’ kid was shouted at by an old fucker because she was out going shopping for them. Then when she got to the supermarket was sent home again by the police ffs. So the high risk myeloma patient had to go shopping instead ffs  :palm:

I have not heard of anything like that happening here. As I've mentioned before my grocery has Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6 AM to 7AM designated for folks 60+. Now if someone that age needs assistance from a younger family member that's OK.

If there aren't designated shopping hours for certain age groups then that old fucker really has no right bitching at the kid. In fact, the old fucker SHOULDN'T have been out at all.  :rant:

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53899 on: March 29, 2020, 11:39:04 am »
You may need to increase the temperature which may be difficult with a small use-at-home-for-your-glasses ultrasonic.

I have one of those and if I run it for 15 minutes or more, the cleaning fluid gets good and hot without extra heating.
  Lord of Sealand

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf