Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14817187 times)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #63450 on: July 16, 2020, 03:00:07 am »
Pics when it arrives .....  :D

Sure, will do as usual, still bargaining, wish me luck.  :P

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #63451 on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:46 am »
>:( >:( my bank just went belly up and will face liquidation. let's hope the so called Einlagensicherung will jump in.  >:( >:( Bloody hell. Why does my life ruin my day every fucking day ...

A German retail bank went belly up ? Who, when ?!?!

DC1MC
Commerzialbank Mattersburg Yesterday.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #63452 on: July 16, 2020, 03:27:09 am »

Got a local offer for TDK Lambda Genesys Series , 600V 1.3A DC PSU with a very decent price, I don't need it, what to do .. what to do ?  :palm: :scared:
...  it seems you're looking for TEA endorsement.

Hate you when you're so damn right.  :palm:
So - you know what you should do then.   >:D

Yeah, just found one, a really luxurious and overkill apparatus in reforming old HV electrolytic capacitors.  :palm:

Nice testicle massager.  >:D

mnem
"...aaaaand now we've gone recursive."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:30:52 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #63453 on: July 16, 2020, 03:46:57 am »

Got a local offer for TDK Lambda Genesys Series , 600V 1.3A DC PSU with a very decent price, I don't need it, what to do .. what to do ?  :palm: :scared:
...  it seems you're looking for TEA endorsement.

Hate you when you're so damn right.  :palm:
So - you know what you should do then.   >:D

Yeah, just found one, a really luxurious and overkill apparatus in reforming old HV electrolytic capacitors.  :palm:

Nice testicle massager.  >:D

mnem
"...aaaaand now we've gone recursive."

Noted, thank you.  :clap:

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #63454 on: July 16, 2020, 04:06:00 am »

7lb Pork tenderloin; seared both sides, perforated with two-fisted fork assault, then seared with blackened onion rings, onion powder, and my favorite seasoning all on what will be the inside of the roast.

Loin now split and trussed up; liberally rubbed with onion powder ( instead of raw onion to make it milder for my wife) and more of my favorite seasoning.

Now in the crock-pot on a bed of carrots, asparagus trunks, onion and celery (we can't do taters anymore); fill veggies of celery, onions & white shrooms, plus a few sliced shrooms and onion slices for garnish and all the pan drippings from searing the fat poured over. Currently waiting for core temp to reach 120-130 degrees (1.5-2 hours on Hi for safety) so I can turn it to Low overnight.  >:D

mnem

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:08:07 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster, bd139, syau

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #63455 on: July 16, 2020, 04:14:47 am »
Dammit why you gotta make me hungry again.  :-DD

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #63456 on: July 16, 2020, 05:01:17 am »

Does anyone know the KBxxxx number of the update that contained Edge?

i would think: KB4559309
It just showed up here for Windows 7 as KB4567409

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #63457 on: July 16, 2020, 05:15:14 am »
It just showed up here for Windows 7 as KB4567409
Removing that updates removes Edge but it reappears later with that update still uninstalled. Looks like there's another way they're forcing it on you. Looks like Microsoft needs a whipping again.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #63458 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:29 am »

Obvious. Build valve preamps.

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #63459 on: July 16, 2020, 07:11:24 am »
reordered the bricks
 8)

and made a pot on my 12v so its adjust 11,6 - 12,6 .. so even on full, i don't blow stuff..  thanks for the tips.
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh

Offline Ero-Shan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63460 on: July 16, 2020, 07:13:57 am »

Erm, what's the question, again? A beautiful PSU at a very decent price ...

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63461 on: July 16, 2020, 07:35:09 am »
Those air ambulance pilots are well versed in landing into confined spaces, but they also have the assistance of police on the ground acting as guides  to help steer them away from trees, lampposts and the like. A couple of years ago I witnessed one land as well, just to the rear of my house and landed on the front lawn of a 2-storey infants school surrounded by tall trees that were more than rotor height. It had circled around for a few minutes looking for somewhere to land and to the right of the school is a massive school playing field that could have been used but the problem there is that it is surrounded by a 8ft high fence and the only way out is approx half a mile to the north on the other side of the school again has large locked gates.

Where it landed eventually, there was a low gate about 4ft tall that they could clamber over, just to the left of the tree with dark red leaves. I show where it landed by a red circle and it was attending a nasty RTA indicated by the red triangle. These pilots are chosen from the very best of the ex RAF helicopter pilots.

Well sometimes they have the help of the police. Show on UK TV this week had air ambulance landing in area thoughtfully taped off by police right next to incident. Only problem was that the taped off area was a crime scene not a landing area. Pilot - was that FOD? - doctor no, I think it was evidence  :D

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63462 on: July 16, 2020, 07:49:03 am »

Well HELL...! I guess Canadian Tire really DOES have it all...  :-DD

Unlike my local grocery, where they just gave me a look like a tree full of owls when I asked where to look.  :palm:

mnem
FORE!!!

Looks like they are not too sure about the length though  :-//
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #63463 on: July 16, 2020, 07:54:44 am »

Well HELL...! I guess Canadian Tire really DOES have it all...  :-DD

Unlike my local grocery, where they just gave me a look like a tree full of owls when I asked where to look.  :palm:

mnem
FORE!!!

Looks like they are not too sure about the length though  :-//

Canadian feet or US  :-DD
seriously, this confusses me... a liter is a liter...is always a liter ... a us galon is not a uk galon... somaybe... just saying.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:59:03 am by tonyalbus »
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #63464 on: July 16, 2020, 07:55:48 am »
Those air ambulance pilots are well versed in landing into confined spaces, but they also have the assistance of police on the ground acting as guides  to help steer them away from trees, lampposts and the like. A couple of years ago I witnessed one land as well, just to the rear of my house and landed on the front lawn of a 2-storey infants school surrounded by tall trees that were more than rotor height. It had circled around for a few minutes looking for somewhere to land and to the right of the school is a massive school playing field that could have been used but the problem there is that it is surrounded by a 8ft high fence and the only way out is approx half a mile to the north on the other side of the school again has large locked gates.

Where it landed eventually, there was a low gate about 4ft tall that they could clamber over, just to the left of the tree with dark red leaves. I show where it landed by a red circle and it was attending a nasty RTA indicated by the red triangle. These pilots are chosen from the very best of the ex RAF helicopter pilots.

Well sometimes they have the help of the police. Show on UK TV this week had air ambulance landing in area thoughtfully taped off by police right next to incident. Only problem was that the taped off area was a crime scene not a landing area. Pilot - was that FOD? - doctor no, I think it was evidence  :D

Over here all medivac landings are pre-determined and agreed to by all involved to insure safety. And it may or may not be directly near the actual incident depending on terrain/location. Typically the closest parking lot or open field.   
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #63465 on: July 16, 2020, 08:06:03 am »

Reluctantly noted  :'(, as I don't play tubey thingy, but thanks, again, reluctantly make it as one of excuses reason to grab it.

Erm, what's the question, again? A beautiful PSU at a very decent price ...

Indeed, and no, that a statement rhetorically, in a form of a question.  >:D  :-DD

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #63466 on: July 16, 2020, 08:12:21 am »
>:( >:( my bank just went belly up and will face liquidation. let's hope the so called Einlagensicherung will jump in.  >:( >:( Bloody hell. Why does my life ruin my day every fucking day ...

Working for banks on and off has made me think the only place to safely keep money is in bricks and gold.

I have a few shopping centres that are probably going cheap at the moment. As for houses, it all depends on the timing - and I'd make  lousy trader.

Where do you store the gold? My local bank branch with a safety vault has shut up shop.  As for virtual gold stores; they are for people that invest in wine and ostrich farms and the like.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #63467 on: July 16, 2020, 08:13:01 am »
it already arrived..they are quick... with GLS..  think they do europe...

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #63468 on: July 16, 2020, 08:18:51 am »

Keysight relabelled them. Good stuff.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63469 on: July 16, 2020, 08:51:18 am »

Working for banks on and off has made me think the only place to safely keep money is in bricks and gold.

I have a few shopping centres that are probably going cheap at the moment. As for houses, it all depends on the timing - and I'd make  lousy trader.

Where do you store the gold? My local bank branch with a safety vault has shut up shop.  As for virtual gold stores; they are for people that invest in wine and ostrich farms and the like.

You can keep the shopping centres  :-DD

Yes I’m watching market on houses now. I’m tempted to put down an offer on a nice place in Stonehouse at the moment. I’m currently without a mortgage so I’ve got enough disposable income to throw into another one which is a better investment than throwing it into a bank account which may go negative interest soon. Alas I’m waiting for peak unemployment after furlough is cancelled in October to March before I bite. That’ll fuck the housing market sideways which means collapse and best capital price. Wait for it to bounce back then sell the current place, pay for mortgage and retire on my mother’s house’s value later down the line.

As for gold, chop it up into small bits and keep them lots of different places.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63470 on: July 16, 2020, 08:51:40 am »
@TorinoFermic
Let me explain a bit more about the switches. If you examine the photo of the inside of the one on eBay (area highlighted by yellow box) and the then look at the one that Xdevs (area highlighted by red box) you should notice that the switch for the front / rear input jacks, has no means of operating it on the eBay one, indeed the entire switch is missing. Then if you look at the power switch on the left of those photos, you will notice that the pushrod is specially shaped, so the same might be true for the input switch.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #63471 on: July 16, 2020, 08:59:08 am »

Yes I’m watching market on houses now. I’m tempted to put down an offer on a nice place in Stonehouse at the moment. I’m currently without a mortgage so I’ve got enough disposable income to throw into another one which is a better investment than throwing it into a bank account which may go negative interest soon. Alas I’m waiting for peak unemployment after furlough is cancelled in October to March before I bite. That’ll fuck the housing market sideways which means collapse and best capital price. Wait for it to bounce back then sell the current place, pay for mortgage and retire on my mother’s house’s value later down the line.

Why buy gold if you can buy TE  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline TorinoFermic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #63472 on: July 16, 2020, 09:07:09 am »
@TorinoFermic
Let me explain a bit more about the switches. If you examine the photo of the inside of the one on eBay (area highlighted by yellow box) and the then look at the one that Xdevs (area highlighted by red box) you should notice that the switch for the front / rear input jacks, has no means of operating it on the eBay one, indeed the entire switch is missing. Then if you look at the power switch on the left of those photos, you will notice that the pushrod is specially shaped, so the same might be true for the input switch.
Yes, but that's not impossible for me to 3D print a new one. My printer's print volume is bigger than a half-rack DMM.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63473 on: July 16, 2020, 09:10:35 am »
@tonyalbus: TE actually has a better return if you buy it broken and fix it and sell it. But volume is an issue and it’s rather large  :-DD

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #63474 on: July 16, 2020, 10:11:10 am »

If you don't like shopping centres, I have a few office blocks available.

Q: will a depressed housing market make it easier for our kids to buy somewhere, or will it just make it easier for sovereign wealth funds (and similar) to buy them? Perhaps the GBP vs other currencies will be the deciding factor.

As for gold, note that if you buy UK sovereigns or britannias, you won't be liable for CGT when you sell them. I'm pleased that I bought my gold a long way south of current prices :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf