Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14906072 times)

dew and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #64000 on: July 21, 2020, 02:54:38 pm »
Well this one means I get a week or two not having to think about Kubernetes so it’s a net win  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64001 on: July 21, 2020, 03:02:52 pm »
Easier than milk drinks (because there aren't many alcoholic milk drinks) ...

I once worked in a university bar where there was cold milk on tap. You'd be surprised how many alcoholic milk drinks you can invent on a slow night. I can report that Green Chartreuse and milk is a truly vile combination (one of Shab's concoctions, not one of mine).
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64002 on: July 21, 2020, 03:03:23 pm »
Cant help with redheads,but got  a few  2kw blondes in the whor warehouse if there any use

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #64003 on: July 21, 2020, 03:06:07 pm »
I gave fair warning yesterday that there would be additional victims. The puke colored UV faded beige has been excised from the B&K 1820. For now that completes trips to the outside paint booth.  ;D

However, I have started to pull together BOM's for PSU capacitor replacements for the recently acquired equipment.  :-/O

An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, Kosmic, tonyalbus

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #64004 on: July 21, 2020, 03:07:31 pm »
Well this one means I get a week or two not having to think about Kubernetes so it’s a net win  :-DD

Wut? I had to look up "Kubernetes". Gotcha.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #64005 on: July 21, 2020, 03:11:27 pm »
I gave fair warning yesterday that there would be additional victims. The puke colored UV faded beige has been excised from the B&K 1820. For now that completes trips to the outside paint booth.  ;D

However, I have started to pull together BOM's for PSU capacitor replacements for the recently acquired equipment.  :-/O

:o
Med, you've changed !  :o
A neatly coiled soldering iron lead !  :wtf:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64006 on: July 21, 2020, 03:12:06 pm »
BTW, who's Brandi?  :-//

Since all other relevant options appear to have been deprecated, I shall be forced to fenestrate you upon the tallest building within 3-33 km (roll D11 to determine) that Frenchmen (but not women, unless they are distractingly curvaceous, nor Saxons of any gender) from all walks of life may point and gawk!  :-DD  Please gird your loins that small children are not scarred for life; this is a family exhibition.  ;)

So, you wish to put Cerebus in a pierced window in a high building so that Frenchmen can look up on Cerebus and fall prostrate in worship? By Tarim, Cerebus approves! Ensure that there is adequate apricot brandy and enough wenches for the expected duration.
I shall fully eneavour to comply; so far I have 17 apricots and two wenches, one of whom is named Brandy. She promises to bring a case of Guinness and a friend who is French. likes to French kiss. Gender of said friend YTBT.

I'll keep you updated.   :-DD

[Cerebus shuffles off into the distance, muttering to himself]

"Just can't get the staff nowadays. Lord Julius tells Cerebus that beheading is not 'an appropriate disciplinary procedure'. Cerebus will have to talk to Lord Julius. Where did Cerebus put Cerebus' conversational sword and chainmail?"

[Ten Minutes Later]

"Why did Cerebus come to armoury? Where are Cerebus' reading glasses? Ooh, sharp, shiny..."
I see you've found Brandy's friend... the Guiness should be along any minute now, and it should be bringing Brandy, her sister Brandee, and her other sister Brandi.

So far on the spirits column, I have a cartload of Orange Julius Schnapps, an angry gentleman who was apparently run over by said cartload and is now haunting it, and a liter of Frangelico.

Also, "Leslie" from the Society for the Prevention of Parsley Placement on People's Plates in Public Places keeps calling for you but refuses to leave a message, and evidently news of your Green Garnish Crusades has reached the Vatican; you have a call from Pope Da'Gottago parked on the courtesy palantir in the West foyer just outside the armoury. I respectfully suggest you have clothes on before you answer this time; this IS a video call.  :palm:

mnem
"I was drunk off my ass on Schnapps..." ≠ "I'm sorry."

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64007 on: July 21, 2020, 03:16:07 pm »

That looks pretty good in blue  :-+

The following users thanked this post: med6753

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #64008 on: July 21, 2020, 03:16:24 pm »

:o
Med, you've changed !  :o
A neatly coiled soldering iron lead !  :wtf:

I got tired of the Dragon's bitching.  |O  ;D

Not really...since getting the Hakko that cord naturally coiled neatly.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: tautech, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #64010 on: July 21, 2020, 03:20:15 pm »

I once worked in a university bar where there was cold milk on tap. You'd be surprised how many alcoholic milk drinks you can invent on a slow night. I can report that Green Chartreuse and milk is a truly vile combination (one of Shab's concoctions, not one of mine).

Vile milk+alcohol drinks are easy to invent.

According to legend, the only good intoxicating milk drinks are to be found in the Korova Milk Bar.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64011 on: July 21, 2020, 03:27:32 pm »
Decided to visit the hospital earlier. Well apparently minor injury was worse than it looked. Fractured both end of my radius  :palm:. Got to go to fracture clinic on Thursday  :(

Biggest problem? Not conducive to TE lugging  >:(  :-DD

(Attachment Link)
So much for your keep regime, forget it and become a couch dweller, safer on your body in the long term  :-DD Also it means no riding your bike, no driving for a while, so can you work from home or are you having to go into Wimbledon still?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64013 on: July 21, 2020, 03:33:29 pm »
Decided to visit the hospital earlier. Well apparently minor injury was worse than it looked. Fractured both end of my radius  :palm:. Got to go to fracture clinic on Thursday  :(

(Attachment Link)
So much for your keep regime, forget it and become a couch dweller, safer on your body in the long term  :-DD Also it means no riding your bike, no driving for a while, so can you work from home or are you having to go into Wimbledon still?

Indefinite work from home.

Agreed. Started with a kebab already  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #64014 on: July 21, 2020, 03:35:40 pm »

It did cross my mind that if it was still as painful/debilitating as it obviously was that it might be a bit more troublesome than a big owwie. I figured that you're a big boy now and probably didn't need telling to get it properly looked at if it was still troubling you, and I was right (on both counts).

Normally, I'd offer my counsel to take as much advantage of this at home as possible - "No it's not man flu, look at the X-ray. Now, where's my brandy and cigars and that foot massage". However, your circumstances are such that you can't take full advantage. Shall I see if Mnem can drum up a spare redhead for you? He seems to keep them on tap for occasions like this; perhaps Brandi is free?

Mhmmmm... I think more than anything, bd needs someone to watch over him.  ;)

While I do generally prefer Ella herself singing this (and Nina Simone did a smokin' version which I can't find right now), you did ask for a redhead... >:D

Enjoy, buddy.

mnem
 :clap:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #64015 on: July 21, 2020, 03:40:28 pm »
Is that a red head or a Purple People Eater?  >:D >:D :-DD

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64016 on: July 21, 2020, 03:46:58 pm »
I’ll settle for Floor Jansen

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64017 on: July 21, 2020, 03:47:19 pm »
BTW, who's Brandi?  :-//

Since all other relevant options appear to have been deprecated, I shall be forced to fenestrate you upon the tallest building within 3-33 km (roll D11 to determine) that Frenchmen (but not women, unless they are distractingly curvaceous, nor Saxons of any gender) from all walks of life may point and gawk!  :-DD  Please gird your loins that small children are not scarred for life; this is a family exhibition.  ;)

So, you wish to put Cerebus in a pierced window in a high building so that Frenchmen can look up on Cerebus and fall prostrate in worship? By Tarim, Cerebus approves! Ensure that there is adequate apricot brandy and enough wenches for the expected duration.
I shall fully eneavour to comply; so far I have 17 apricots and two wenches, one of whom is named Brandy. She promises to bring a case of Guinness and a friend who is French. likes to French kiss. Gender of said friend YTBT.

I'll keep you updated.   :-DD

[Cerebus shuffles off into the distance, muttering to himself]

"Just can't get the staff nowadays. Lord Julius tells Cerebus that beheading is not 'an appropriate disciplinary procedure'. Cerebus will have to talk to Lord Julius. Where did Cerebus put Cerebus' conversational sword and chainmail?"

[Ten Minutes Later]

"Why did Cerebus come to armoury? Where are Cerebus' reading glasses? Ooh, sharp, shiny..."
I see you've found Brandy's friend... the Guiness should be along any minute now, and it should be bringing Brandy, her sister Brandee, and her other sister Brandi.

So far on the spirits column, I have a cartload of Orange Julius Schnapps, an angry gentleman who was apparently run over by said cartload and is now haunting it, and a liter of Frangelico.

Also, "Leslie" from the Society for the Prevention of Parsley Placement on People's Plates in Public Places keeps calling for you but refuses to leave a message, and evidently news of your Green Garnish Crusades has reached the Vatican; you have a call from Pope Da'Gottago parked on the courtesy palantir in the West foyer just outside the armoury. I respectfully suggest you have clothes on before you answer this time; this IS a video call.  :palm:

mnem
"I was drunk off my ass on Schnapps..." ≠ "I'm sorry."

If you're ready for lunch I can have a menu sent up; or would you prefer to kill something fresh yourself today?
    No lunch, Cerebus is going to be in conference for a few hours preparing for this evening's Diamondback game.
Good choice, sir; Brandi has quite the talented tongue. Will you be keeping the empty cart for your winnings then?

*Prepares several clean buckets and "Next of Kin" notifications in case tonight's game turns kill-y*

mnem
};=)~~~~<
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #64018 on: July 21, 2020, 03:47:26 pm »
Decided to visit the hospital earlier. Well apparently minor injury was worse than it looked.

I set up Discord on Saturday to try to check it out...

Ended up in the ER after essentially dropping a 17 lb amplifier on my head when a rivet on a cheap, crappy ladder broke.

The receiver somehow swung down just the right way to slice my head open with the corner.   OOPS.   :palm:

I felt like such an idiot, especially since I should have seen that coming with the way I was leaning on that shoddy ladder, but thanks to our medical system here, I was all stitched up and on my way home in less than 3 hours.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64019 on: July 21, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »
Ouch! Hope you heal ok.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64020 on: July 21, 2020, 03:50:43 pm »
Had a similar incident on a rack & stack in 2016... wife superglued my scalp and my head looked like a mummy for a week. Like you, it did knock a LITTLE sense into me. ;)

mnem
 |O

The following users thanked this post: drussell, Specmaster, bd139

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #64021 on: July 21, 2020, 03:52:33 pm »
Discord will be fun this weekend with everyone comparing injury notes.  :scared:

Will make time for it........if I remember.  :palm:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: drussell, mnementh, Specmaster, capt bullshot, bd139

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64022 on: July 21, 2020, 03:56:31 pm »

Vile milk+alcohol drinks are easy to invent.

According to legend, the only good intoxicating milk drinks are to be found in the Korova Milk Bar.

Make mine a Synthemesc. My droogs will have the same.

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #64023 on: July 21, 2020, 04:03:20 pm »
Ouch! Hope you heal ok.

Lol, oh, I'm fine, mostly just wounded pride and a slightly larger, ever increasing bald spot.  :)

That wasn't really the way I wanted to get my first stitches, though.   :-DD

I've had a couple small gashes before where I probably should have gone and got stitches but just krazy glued back together or something, but this was one of those ones where I was like, dang, this is going to require a trip to the hospital.  :)

At the very entrance they have you sanitize hands, give you a mask and make sure you're wearing it correctly, and make sure you're not potential virus carrier, then on to the main Triage desk, where I am the only person, no line-up.

One dude that had a severe peanut allergy and had eaten something with peanuts came in right after me and obviously went right in first, but I was through triage within 5 mins...  Waited about 20 mins to get a spot and see the doctor.  I was released and out of the building within about 2h45m, even with extra time for observation since it was a "dropped something on head" incident, an EKG because my heart was racing so much when I first got there, and an updated Tetanus shot since I was way overdue anyway....  Cost?  $0

Didn't even have to pay for parking, it is free on Saturday.  :)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64024 on: July 21, 2020, 04:05:00 pm »
I’ll settle for Floor Jansen
Hmm, not a bad choice  ;) >:D :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf