Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14406337 times)

barkevko, Carl_Smith, zepto and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #76150 on: November 26, 2020, 04:39:32 pm »
That feeling when you receive a box and it is noisy when you shake it... :-[
Altough this local seller made a mistake.. after me sending the pictures he paid me back..  :-+

Still a pitty....for such a device

That's a real shame, it's a nice looking meter (I don't share bd's prejudices   ;D  ).

Is it still operational, or did the LCD expire as a result?

Still need to fire it up...
the front popped out.. so a flatcable is loose... i will do this carefully... but i think it will work..

bd could be right for dmm's in the US... it is ugly braun... if it has to much UV for years and years.. it is not the best color to have for a device... plastic will become hard and will break.
But here In most parts of the nordics-europe..(cheating and including DL/NL). it is no problem and they are well conserved.
Thats why we could have a defferent view on that.. no offence taken....... and can never argu about tast..... (and i also think its ugly)  :-DD

The Philips gray/blue stipe was nicer.

[edit] including your country too... sorry was confused about your flag.. (what i ment is.. here with less UV it conserves better)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:58:17 pm by tonyalbus »
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #76151 on: November 26, 2020, 04:50:17 pm »
:palm: :-DD

i see now the AL-60 came with a dead-tree format manual incl schematics....
So if someone of TEA-group needs this, i notised it was not that easy to find online...if you even find.. i didn't
PM me...but give me some time... 200+ pages  :palm:
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL

Offline andy3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76152 on: November 26, 2020, 04:55:46 pm »
Thanks, Med. I will PM you.
Ananda

I got your PM and I have your name/address just in case.

I have three of the 10X attenuators. However, they are Tek P/N 307-1013-01. You stated in your PM that your 465 has P/N 307-1013-00. I looked at the copy of the manual I have for the 465....above S/N B250000...and it states that it should be P/N 307-1013-01. So apparently there was a change in P/N. What the difference is between the two P/N's I have no idea but I SUSPECT it's nothing more than perhaps a slightly different capacitance trimmer. And I also suspect that the 01 suffix would work fine if you need it.

So hopefully you can resolve the contact issue with yours but if not I will send you one for just the cost of shipping and you can try it. And if that's the case I will test it here on one of my scopes before sending it.

BTW...I checked QService. They are out of stock on the 00 suffix but do have the 01 suffix.

Thanks. Sending a PM.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #76153 on: November 26, 2020, 05:21:45 pm »
Did someone want a -hp- 410B? There is one not too expensive on the ePay site in Europe (needs the perished probe cables replacing), seller will probably take a little bit off with an offer.
eBay auction: #174534573627
David
That's me! Yes, I'll probably throw a bid that way.
Offer thrown in, counter-offer received, pondered a bit, and accepted. Order's in. I believe my VTVM urge is complete now.  :-DD
(Who am I fooling with such talk?)

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #76154 on: November 26, 2020, 05:32:19 pm »
Sense i have been a member of TEA-group for a few mounths my money flies out.
so i decides to buy some airplain/airplane cauces(meters) ... just to make sure i don't go beyond Mach 5 or 5G :)
ps... i am a dislectic... so ....read out loud..you will know what i mean (if you still have no clue or is it . glue  .. try a dutch accent)  :-DD

Cool meters though  8) 8)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 05:33:52 pm by tonyalbus »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #76155 on: November 26, 2020, 05:33:41 pm »
[edit] including your country too... sorry was confused about your flag.. (what i ment is.. here with less UV it conserves better)

Here in the North of England we get so little UV we have to take vitamin D supplements   :-DD

Any time you want some rain though, we have plenty of that, and to spare!   ::)
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76156 on: November 26, 2020, 05:38:49 pm »
Hmm now I'm curious to know what aircraft those are out of. A small military jet of some sort clearly, Harrier, Hawk, something like that?
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #76157 on: November 26, 2020, 05:43:21 pm »

That feeling when you receive a box and it is noisy when you shake it... :-[  Altough this local seller made a mistake.. after me sending the pictures he paid me back..  :-+   Still a pitty....for such a device

mnem
"Crunchy" should not be among this item's attributes.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #76158 on: November 26, 2020, 05:44:11 pm »
Hmm now I'm curious to know what aircraft those are out of. A small military jet of some sort clearly, Harrier, Hawk, something like that?

Sorry no answare to that.... but seller was wearing a funny fur hat and green coat ...  :-DD

no.. have no clue.. i bought it because my dad has flown in litile 2 and four seaters... and took me sometimes...
looking at it. makes me feel good.

The following users thanked this post: mansaxel, AVGresponding

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76159 on: November 26, 2020, 05:50:27 pm »
I keep coming on then forgetting why, as I keep getting distracted   :-X

@Saskia, I can't remember if you got sorted re a bench meter, but this would be just what you need :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keithley-2015-THD-Multi-meter-Expired-Calibration/143862149518

I know the seller says UK buyers only, but we know how to get around things like that on here...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

The following users thanked this post: Saskia

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76160 on: November 26, 2020, 05:55:13 pm »
   Sense i have been a member of TEA-group for a few mounths my money flies out.

so i decides to buy some airplain/airplane cauces(meters) ... just to make sure i don't go beyond Mach 5 or 5G :)

ps... i am a dislectic... so ....read out loud..you will know what i mean (if you still have no clue or is it . glue  .. try a dutch accent)  :-DD   Cool meters though  8) 8)

Yes... as a long-term "visitor" in the Great White North I am viscerally familiar with this condition; which my maternal unit used to refer to as "hemorrhaging money".

ouch.

mnem
Dyslexics of the world... untie !!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:10:47 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76161 on: November 26, 2020, 06:00:54 pm »

Here in the North of England we get so little UV we have to take vitamin D supplements   :-DD

There's a tendency for the rest of the world to forget quite how 'north' the North of England is simply becuase we don't have snow up to our nipples to complain about for 6 months of the year.

Sheffield is north of Groningen.
Middlesborough is north of Keil.

Heck, even London is north of Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and all of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.

Lands End, the southernmost point in the UK mainland, is north of the whole of the contiguous USA. Those popsicles that call themselves Montanans and Minnesotans are "Bloody Southerners".
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, mansaxel

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76162 on: November 26, 2020, 06:07:32 pm »
Altough this local seller made a mistake.. after me sending the pictures he paid me back..  :-+

That’s crappy.  That really sucks.  I know the exact experience you’re talking about when that package you’ve been looking forward to finally arrives and you pick it up and it rattles.  Your stomach immediately sinks because you know it’s not supposed to make that sound and the first thought through your mind is, “how bad is it?”  All you can do is be ready to take pictures as you open it because you know that most likely, unless you’ve gotten really lucky and it was something loose shaking around that didn’t get damaged, you just know you’re going to be attaching the pictures to a damage claim or request for a refund.

I went through the exact same thing back in the summer with those Hewlett Packard coffee mugs.  I was so happy when the delivery notification came and the package was sitting right there on the front porch when I got home but I went from happy to dread as soon as I picked it up and heard the sound it made.  This is what was inside:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76163 on: November 26, 2020, 06:13:00 pm »
Fuck. I just noticed a scratch... a real, permanent, not-gonna-clean-it-away scratch aboot 20mm long... in my 32"/144Hz gaming monitor. Y'all just hadda jinx me, dinncha...?

mnem
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:16:41 pm by mnementh »

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #76164 on: November 26, 2020, 06:23:20 pm »

That’s crappy.  That really sucks.  I know the exact experience you’re talking about when that package you’ve been looking forward to finally arrives and you pick it up and it rattles.  Your stomach immediately sinks because you know it’s not supposed to make that sound and the first thought through your mind is, “how bad is it?”  All you can do is be ready to take pictures as you open it because you know that most likely, unless you’ve gotten really lucky and it was something loose shaking around that didn’t get damaged, you just know you’re going to be attaching the pictures to a damage claim or request for a refund.

I went through the exact same thing back in the summer with those Hewlett Packard coffee mugs.  I was so happy when the delivery notification came and the package was sitting right there on the front porch when I got home but I went from happy to dread as soon as I picked it up and heard the sound it made.  This is what was inside:

Looking at this picture... hurts... sorry man..
and also sorry for posting mine...
A TEA should never experiance this..

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76165 on: November 26, 2020, 06:28:31 pm »

There's a tendency for the rest of the world to forget quite how 'north' the North of England is simply becuase we don't have snow up to our nipples to complain about for 6 months of the year.

Heck, even London is north of Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and all of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.

Lands End, the southernmost point in the UK mainland, is north of the whole of the contiguous USA. Those popsicles that call themselves Montanans and Minnesotans are "Bloody Southerners".

Yeah, but we're still all just as popsicle-ey as ever while y'all are not, so ppppppppttttttpppplllbbbbbbbbbbb!   

mnem

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76166 on: November 26, 2020, 06:33:07 pm »

Interestingly, we have the opposite here and everyone forgets how far south this part of Canada is.  I always get a laugh when one of my American friends talk about going north of the 49th parallel to visit here when we're really on the 44th and there used to be a restaurant in Toronto called North 44 for that reason.  Keep heading north, only five more parallels to go until you get there.

There was actually a movie made in World War II called the 49th Parallel about a German U Boat crew getting stranded in Hudson's Bay.  I saw it on TV when I was a kid when I was stuck home from school for a couple of weeks seriously sick.  The U Boat crew abandons their sub and tries to escape to the United States but the first stop on the way was a Hudson's Bay fur trapping camp where the Germans smash the radio so that the trappers can't call for help and give away their presence except part of the plot revolves around how help'll be sent if one of the trappers doesn't play a regularly scheduled chess game with someone else by two way radio which leads to a radio repair scene in the movie.  The climax takes place on a highjacked train above the Niagara River, well, well, well south of the actual 49th parallel which made me laugh when I saw this.

As one of my friends down in Essex County says, "Nobody cares about the parts of Canada that are south of Toronto," and honestly, she's right.

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76167 on: November 26, 2020, 06:51:47 pm »

Sorry no answare to that.... but seller was wearing a funny fur hat and green coat ...  :-DD

no.. have no clue.. i bought it because my dad has flown in litile 2 and four seaters... and took me sometimes...
looking at it. makes me feel good.

At least they are not radioactive.
Hard to identify the aircraft. The Machmeter could be any British military jet from the fifties to sixties. Fuel flow is probably from a later multiengine aircraft it and the airspeed indicator could be from a RAF VC10.

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al, tonyalbus

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76168 on: November 26, 2020, 07:00:22 pm »

Interestingly, we have the opposite here and everyone forgets how far south this part of Canada is.  I always get a laugh when one of my American friends talk about going north of the 49th parallel to visit here when we're really on the 44th and there used to be a restaurant in Toronto called North 44 for that reason.  Keep heading north, only five more parallels to go until you get there.

There was actually a movie made in World War II called the 49th Parallel about a German U Boat crew getting stranded in Hudson's Bay.  I saw it on TV when I was a kid when I was stuck home from school for a couple of weeks seriously sick.  The U Boat crew abandons their sub and tries to escape to the United States but the first stop on the way was a Hudson's Bay fur trapping camp where the Germans smash the radio so that the trappers can't call for help and give away their presence except part of the plot revolves around how help'll be sent if one of the trappers doesn't play a regularly scheduled chess game with someone else by two way radio which leads to a radio repair scene in the movie.  The climax takes place on a highjacked train above the Niagara River, well, well, well south of the actual 49th parallel which made me laugh when I saw this.

As one of my friends down in Essex County says, "Nobody cares about the parts of Canada that are south of Toronto," and honestly, she's right.

Is that the same movie where the Germans get on a freight train that goes across the Niagara river to the U.S. and the U.S. customs agent sends it back because the Germans aren't on the manifest?  :-DD

(The time frame was 1940/1941 when the U.S. was still neutral but Canada was a war with Germany)
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline dl6lr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76169 on: November 26, 2020, 07:07:08 pm »
"May not post to Sweden"

Maybe someone in UK can resend it to you? Would be about GBP15,- for Hermes UK to Sweden.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76170 on: November 26, 2020, 07:09:36 pm »

All because of the warmth of the Atlantic Gulf Stream. Heard stories about palm trees on the West coast of Scotland and it's true because I saw one.  :o

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76171 on: November 26, 2020, 07:10:10 pm »
There was actually a movie made in World War II called the 49th Parallel about a German U Boat crew getting stranded in Hudson's Bay.  I saw it on TV when I was a kid when I was stuck home from school for a couple of weeks seriously sick.  The U Boat crew abandons their sub and tries to escape to the United States ...

Classic bit of Powell and Pressburger WWII propaganda. When the film was being made (released in 1941) Canada was a British ally, and the US were still sitting on the fence and officially neutral, hence the U-Boat crew planning to escape to the US was included as a blatant shaming move on the US.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76172 on: November 26, 2020, 07:16:19 pm »
There was actually a movie made in World War II called the 49th Parallel about a German U Boat crew getting stranded in Hudson's Bay.  I saw it on TV when I was a kid when I was stuck home from school for a couple of weeks seriously sick.  The U Boat crew abandons their sub and tries to escape to the United States ...

Classic bit of Powell and Pressburger WWII propaganda. When the film was being made (released in 1941) Canada was a British ally, and the US were still sitting on the fence and officially neutral, hence the U-Boat crew planning to escape to the US was included as a blatant shaming move on the US.

But if it's the same movie I recall seeing as a kid they did get to the U.S. side but the customs agent sent them back because their paperwork was out of order. And you know how exact the Germans are with their paperwork.  :-DD "Your papers please?"  :scared:

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76173 on: November 26, 2020, 07:16:47 pm »

Is that the same movie where the Germans get on a freight train that goes across the Niagara river to the U.S. and the U.S. customs agent sends it back because the Germans aren't on the manifest?  :-DD

(The time frame was 1940/1941 when the U.S. was still neutral but Canada was a war with Germany)

Yes, that's the one.  For some reason I thought it ended up with the Germans highjacking the train in the middle of the bridge over the Niagara River to go to the US after it was sent back to Canada.  It's been ages since I saw that movie.  I caught a nasty bug when I was in high school and it kept me home for close to two weeks and I spent a lot of that time laying on the couch watching a lot of old movies on A&E since I wasn't up to doing much else.

The scene with the radio getting smashed up and then repaired so the chess game can happen on time and not attract unwanted outside attention stuck out in my memory as did the back and forth with the train above the river.  Incidentally, the train bridge above the Niagara River that this was shot on is still there and still in use.  A freight car got loose in the train yard in Niagara Falls, NY a few years ago and rolled across the border setting off all kinds of alarms on your side but embarrassingly for our officials, nothing got set off on the Canadian side and it eventually came to a stop at the train station in Niagara Falls, ON.  And there it sat until a Via Rail crew showed up for work and discovered it sitting at the platform.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76174 on: November 26, 2020, 07:26:48 pm »

Yes, that's the one.  For some reason I thought it ended up with the Germans highjacking the train in the middle of the bridge over the Niagara River to go to the US after it was sent back to Canada.  It's been ages since I saw that movie.  I caught a nasty bug when I was in high school and it kept me home for close to two weeks and I spent a lot of that time laying on the couch watching a lot of old movies on A&E since I wasn't up to doing much else.

The scene with the radio getting smashed up and then repaired so the chess game can happen on time and not attract unwanted outside attention stuck out in my memory as did the back and forth with the train above the river.  Incidentally, the train bridge above the Niagara River that this was shot on is still there and still in use.  A freight car got loose in the train yard in Niagara Falls, NY a few years ago and rolled across the border setting off all kinds of alarms on your side but embarrassingly for our officials, nothing got set off on the Canadian side and it eventually came to a stop at the train station in Niagara Falls, ON.  And there it sat until a Via Rail crew showed up for work and discovered it sitting at the platform.

Yep

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf