Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14408706 times)

SashPlane, Black Phoenix and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #90125 on: May 05, 2021, 08:37:18 pm »
You can keep all your "ripe" cheeses with the possible exception of a properly stinky Bleu Cheese salad dressing.  :-DD

A happy cheese-day here is when we've got Gruyère, Saint-Agur or Gorgonzola, Westerbotten, a Camenbert or a Brie and perhaps St. Marcellin on the board.

Usable alternatives are: Appenzeller, Rochefort, Kvibille Cheddar, Comté, Pecorino, Manchego, Boxholms gräddost, Jarlsberg, Grana Padano, Parmigiano, and lots of others.

Any "household brand" "cheese" commonly sold in USA is disqualified. Perhaps, only perhaps, some of the cheddar lookalikes may pass.

Comment voulez-vous gouverner un pays qui a deux cent quarante-six variétés de fromage?

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #90126 on: May 05, 2021, 08:43:57 pm »
Trumpf should be held to farcebooks standards in the same way as other people

After all, it's the USA, the only country without a gentry. Obviously you should set the same standards for all.

:-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #90127 on: May 05, 2021, 09:16:45 pm »

A happy cheese-day here is when we've got Gruyère, Saint-Agur or Gorgonzola, Westerbotten, a Camenbert or a Brie and perhaps St. Marcellin on the board.

Usable alternatives are: Appenzeller, Rochefort, Kvibille Cheddar, Comté, Pecorino, Manchego, Boxholms gräddost, Jarlsberg, Grana Padano, Parmigiano, and lots of others.

I'm having some relatives living near Salerno / Italy and they are having a Pecorino made of goat milk (not sheep as usual). I tasted it when I was seven years old for the first time on some "spaghetti al pomodoro". First, it was very weird and I didn't like it. But then I tried it a second time and since then it has become the taste of the italian version of heaven.  :D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90128 on: May 05, 2021, 09:21:03 pm »

Maroilles rulez!
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #90129 on: May 05, 2021, 09:39:48 pm »
Wrong god to invoke if you want a mug of mead's chance in Valhalla of things going your way.

"It's unpleasantly like getting drunk."
"What's unpleasant about getting drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
I think he got an unfairly bad press.

In any case, the Murphy that "Murphy's Law" refers to was not happy about it being applied to trivial things, though apparently he could be a bit of a curmudgeon.
I just wish he/she/it hadn't taken such a personal interest in my life...  :o

mnem
Murphy's a bitch. And she has puppies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_A._Murphy_Jr.

I know who Edward Murphy Jr was... I was referring to that intangible entity comprised of the whole Law of Irony/Ifni/Not-So-Random Probability thing named after him which most certainly has taken a personal interest in my life since I was old enough to understand irony... "The Bitch", as it were. ;)

mnem
"The perversity of the Universe tends to the maximum." ~me
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90130 on: May 05, 2021, 09:42:53 pm »
Trumpf should be held to farcebooks standards in the same way as other people

After all, it's the USA, the only country without a gentry. Obviously you should set the same standards for all.

:-DD :-DD :-DD

I think that the myth that the USA is classless and doesn't have an "upper crust" is just that, a myth - one that a trip to Marthas Vineyard ought to instantly dispel. What differentiates USA 'aristocracy' from the European/British is that they always have money, whereas many of our aristocracy have titles, perhaps huge properties in the country, but are as poor as church mice.

Well, that was true until Trump came along and proved you could sit at the top table while simultaneously having no trace of class, and no actual money.  :-DD
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90131 on: May 05, 2021, 09:58:25 pm »
So very succinctly put.  :clap:

My mother used to say of Herr Drumpf: "He's what happens when white trash gets money."

mnem
"In a land where money is god, the only true sin is being poor."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:00:55 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, Neomys Sapiens, ch_scr

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90132 on: May 05, 2021, 10:05:47 pm »

My mother used to say of Herr Drumpf: "He's what happens when white trash gets somebody else's money."

mnem

FTFYM
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90133 on: May 05, 2021, 10:13:18 pm »

My mother used to say of Herr Drumpf: "He's what happens when white trash gets somebody else's money."

mnem

FTFYM

That's the definition of Western-style Conservatism. ;) They conserve every penny the common folk earn right into their own bank accounts; and call it business.  |O

The difference with Trump is he plays it like a Guido, because that what he is... a small time hoodlum, only with his father's army of law firms to keep him out of jail all his life. :palm:

mnem
*toddles off to grill something for dinner*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:41:37 pm by mnementh »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90134 on: May 06, 2021, 12:19:02 am »
Found a non-TE TE thing to bid on...

Currently at $20 (a sawbuck?), Loki only knows where the shipping costs will end up though.

I actually nicked one of them from work once. Got one of them, a Mentor Graphics and Sun mug. It’s all generic ikea and amazon mugs now :(

No idea what happened to it.

Edit: I think I worked it out. Left it at my ex gf’s flat when we split.  :palm:. Perhaps I should go find her on Facebook and ask for it back  :-DD
Nah, more than likely smashed against it against the wall, I mean she was a redhead after all, wasn't she  :-//
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #90135 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:48 am »
Archiving at post 84800. Getting close! :popcorn:

Of course, now that I'm watching, it doesn't get stuck. :horse:

Done!

Some fun archiving stats
Domains: 817
Files: 32593
Size: 9.5 GB
Times stuck: 6
Time: Too long, thanks to misbehaving sites: members.home.nl, gamestop.com, farnell.com, newark.com, element14.com

Very nice!  :-+

And now, how long do you think you will need for the catch-up?  :-DD :-DD :-DD

:palm: :-DD

Now that I have it all, no rush. ^-^
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90136 on: May 06, 2021, 01:48:11 am »
You can have my Velveeta when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands.

Might not take long, depending on the LD50 of Velveeta?  :D

Bah! I eat a tub of the stuff a day, and I'm a model of perfect heal%^#^##&#$ GDFWV@%^@C(&#@^H NO CARRIER

"NO CARRIER" :-DD Love it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90137 on: May 06, 2021, 01:51:47 am »
Been a while since I took these pictures, teardown of the Sorensen XPD60-9 (made by Xantrex) PSU, made in 2009 judging from various datecodes.

Cool. Added.

The following users thanked this post: factory

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #90138 on: May 06, 2021, 04:42:01 am »
Not a Tupperware Lady in sight  ;) 5 stacked layers of 4.5mm Acrylic glued with Scigrip thin.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, cyclin_al

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90139 on: May 06, 2021, 05:37:48 am »
King Island Double Brie and a full fat milk Coffee. Weightgain4000+ in the shack and again no Tupperware Platter was needed or used.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90140 on: May 06, 2021, 06:04:13 am »
Urf had my covid jab yesterday finally after four weeks of finding a slot that worked. Feel like I’ve been run over by a bus this morning. Anyone else get that? Was AstraZeneca one.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #90141 on: May 06, 2021, 06:20:35 am »
that is the immune system bus running you over. It means that your small anti-intruder-gizmos are mobilizing to pick up arms and arming the IFF system ...

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90142 on: May 06, 2021, 06:23:57 am »
Yeah aware of that. Wondering what joy I’m in for over the next couple of days mostly.

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90143 on: May 06, 2021, 06:49:23 am »
SWMBO and I have both had 1st and 2nd AstaZenica jabs with nothing worse than a mild headache on the day after the first one.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #90144 on: May 06, 2021, 07:54:39 am »
Urf had my covid jab yesterday finally after four weeks of finding a slot that worked. Feel like I’ve been run over by a bus this morning. Anyone else get that? Was AstraZeneca one.

Working colleague of mine got a BioNTech shot. She felt tired with headache, similar to your bus. Next day it was fine, then.
My mother got BioNTech as well and she didn't fell anything.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90145 on: May 06, 2021, 08:14:37 am »

In the next few weeks in Oz as a 50+ year old. I could have got it earlier due to Mother but no real rush here I guess. Mum had here first one nearly two weeks ago and no issues.

Beer/Fusion fueled waste material usage on the Laser  :-+ Problem now created 14 useless PITA hard to open 'spare' containers  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Kosmic

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #90146 on: May 06, 2021, 08:50:43 am »
I got the first Astrazeneca jab a couple of weeks ago.  The only after effects I had to deal with was having had someone jab a needle into my arm.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90147 on: May 06, 2021, 08:57:09 am »
Nope, thats the same one as I had, but I have had at the end of each day a sore day a sore left shoulder and slightly stiff neck and occasional tingling in the left forearm since getting the flu jab about 4 weeks prior to the Covid jab.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90148 on: May 06, 2021, 10:08:30 am »

I had the Azed shot too. I was fine for 36 hours, then suddenly felt extremely tired, which lasted for about another 36 hours. Worst of it was, this came on just after my shiny new 160Mbps FTTP Internet connection was installed, and I was too tired to play with it!

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #90149 on: May 06, 2021, 10:59:51 am »

I got the first Moderna last week. My arm hurt for three days where the needle went in, but no other symptoms at all.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf