Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14552145 times)

TizianoHV, Vince, ProtonFox, fcb, shakalnokturn and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #12900 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:27 pm »
I’d take a 485. That’s a special one.

I know, and its almost 7 years now, and they're still available includes 465, trace of my old thread, watch the OP's date -> Which one ? Tek 465B or HP 1740A ?

What to do ? What to do ?  :scared:

Have you still got your 2465 ?

Yep, my precious 2465B still here and working really fine, really love it.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #12901 on: July 07, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »
...and also a pristine working 485 that I keep ignoring for quite sometimes now ...
Mistake. Just get it.

Stop that will ya .. I have a weak heart.  :palm: :scared:

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
HP 58503A 58535A 58529A
« Reply #12902 on: July 07, 2018, 09:22:29 pm »
Enough said, let photos tell the story of latest TEA scores.  :palm:

HP 58503A, a dent at the front panel, but not affecting anything inside, tested & working fine, bought from one of the member here.

Since the HP 58503A will be the 2nd GPSDO, an antenna distributor as I only have one GPS antenna, an used Symmetricom 58535A, and it came with a free complementary LNA & GPS L1 bandpass filter Symmetricom 58529A.  :P

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12903 on: July 07, 2018, 09:30:06 pm »
...even though I have no need for one...

Ahem. Consider the company you are in, and whether you might lose the respect of you peers.
OK ok, I admit it, I do want 8.5 digits so I can span everything from 3.5 upwards, 1st though I need 6.5, then 7.5 and then the 8.5, if I'm lucky [emoji16]
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #12904 on: July 07, 2018, 09:47:58 pm »
...even though I have no need for one...

Ahem. Consider the company you are in, and whether you might lose the respect of you peers.
OK ok, I admit it, I do want 8.5 digits so I can span everything from 3.5 upwards, 1st though I need 6.5, then 7.5 and then the 8.5, if I'm lucky [emoji16]

That sounds completely reasonable.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 58503A 58535A 58529A
« Reply #12905 on: July 07, 2018, 10:38:24 pm »
Enough said, let photos tell the story of latest TEA scores.  :palm:

HP 58503A, a dent at the front panel, but not affecting anything inside, tested & working fine, bought from one of the member here.

Since the HP 58503A will be the 2nd GPSDO, an antenna distributor as I only have one GPS antenna, an used Symmetricom 58535A, and it came with a free complementary LNA & GPS L1 bandpass filter Symmetricom 58529A.  :P

Hmm having 2 GPSDO sound like a great idea :)

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12906 on: July 07, 2018, 11:22:41 pm »
I'm think I'm suffering from logic probe related TEA syndrome, after building a logic probe kit recently, I saw a GW Instek probe and had to have it!  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #12907 on: July 08, 2018, 04:46:27 am »
I don't give up easy. Channel 1 now working. Twas a cold solder joint right at the input BNC. D'OH!!!  :palm: :palm:

The DM44 is working too. I had to disassemble that to remove the vertical board...or so I thought. In reality it can remain in place..

Channel 2 is still fubar. Don't have time to work on it further this afternoon. I'll start fresh in the AM. But I think I know what the problem might be. Stay tuned.

Awesome! You've got it working well enough to troubleshoot this 2230!!!  >:D

I'm think I'm suffering from logic probe related TEA syndrome, after building a logic probe kit recently, I saw a GW Instek probe and had to have it!  :-DD

That thing looks exactly like an Elenco unit I built from a kit jeezus... 30 years ago. More importantly, now I have this burning need to know who "Fat lady", "Denise" and ummm... "Paula" were named after...  :-DD

Comes with lots of probes............

You'd kick yourself if there were some current probes amongst them !

Yep.

The probe pocket on top is literally bulging.
It could be filled with multiple probes or just a few big ones.
Either that or it’s just glad to see ya...

This is TEA - you know we’re all Jones’n to see what’s in there! >:D

mnem
Alien anal probes...? Where do I sign up?!?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:49:13 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12908 on: July 08, 2018, 05:13:02 am »

That thing looks exactly like an Elenco unit I built from a kit jeezus... 30 years ago. More importantly, now I have this burning need to know who "Fat lady", "Denise" and ummm... "Paula" were named after...  :-DD

Lol, the "fat lady" is named Agnus - she can mange 1MB of Amiga chip ram, provides DMA plus has a copper & blitter built in ... and Paula is a digital Audio chip.  :-+

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #12909 on: July 08, 2018, 06:14:36 am »
Okay... that's who they ARE. It's NOT who they were named after...  :-DD

mnem
Maybe my TEA pr0n fixation is getting a little TOO meta...
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12910 on: July 08, 2018, 06:57:28 am »

mnem

Wives and girlfriends of Amiga employees apparently.  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12911 on: July 08, 2018, 07:21:44 am »

mnem

I thought Amiga was made by Commodore?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12912 on: July 08, 2018, 07:28:29 am »

mnem

I thought Amiga was made by Commodore?

Made by yes, but developed by the Amiga corporation and finished off after being acquired by commodore.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12913 on: July 08, 2018, 07:46:56 am »
And still flogged over and over by the lot with Amiga Denial Syndrome.

I still remember one of my colleagues who had an A1200 fitted into a PC case. Had PPC accelerators and all sorts. But mostly duct tape and denial.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12914 on: July 08, 2018, 08:06:29 am »
And still flogged over and over by the lot with Amiga Denial Syndrome.

I still remember one of my colleagues who had an A1200 fitted into a PC case. Had PPC accelerators and all sorts. But mostly duct tape and denial.
A PC is the best platform surely?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12915 on: July 08, 2018, 08:22:56 am »
It probably is but some people still are hanging on to the amigas for some reason.

I can understand from the point of wanting to play old games etc but the guy was convinced the software he was writing was going to change the world, on AmigaOS  :-//

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #12916 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:20 am »
Rummaging through the memory stick of an old camera I found something that might inspire bd139 to get on with fixing up his D83's:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12917 on: July 08, 2018, 09:54:30 am »
It probably is but some people still are hanging on to the amigas for some reason.

I can understand from the point of wanting to play old games etc but the guy was convinced the software he was writing was going to change the world, on AmigaOS  :-//

Lol, I've got 4 atm, 2x a500's, a1600 & an a1200 - the Amiga 1000 & 500 where revolutionary - full multi-tasking GUI OS, discrete graphics (4096 colours) and sound chips, video capture with a cheap genlocker add-on via the fricken parallel port!, able to out-put perfect PAL or NTSC (depending on market) so you could do basic video production work (we used them in high school for this back when a video studio was hundreds of thousands of dollars) ....

All from 1984 !!!!

Yeah so Im one of those tragics that loves them and plays with them still.  :box:

There's fantastic history of the Amiga over at Ars Technica for those interested. https://arstechnica.com/series/history-of-the-amiga/

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12918 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:26 am »
Rummaging through the memory stick of an old camera I found something that might inspire bd139 to get on with fixing up his D83's:

Thanks for this. Inspiration is needed :)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12919 on: July 08, 2018, 10:05:38 am »

Lol, I've got 4 atm, 2x a500's, a1600 & an a1200 - the Amiga 1000 & 500 where revolutionary - full multi-tasking GUI OS, discrete graphics (4096 colours) and sound chips, video capture with a cheap genlocker add-on via the fricken parallel port!, able to out-put perfect PAL or NTSC (depending on market) so you could do basic video production work (we used them in high school for this back when a video studio was hundreds of thousands of dollars) ....

All from 1984 !!!!

Yeah so Im one of those tragics that loves them and plays with them still.  :box:

There's fantastic history of the Amiga over at Ars Technica for those interested. https://arstechnica.com/series/history-of-the-amiga/

Like I said nothing wrong with that. I owned an A500 back in the day (for 6 months before it got sold to buy an Acorn Archimedes) and loved Test Drive, Another World and Speedball 2 :) ... just the platform is objectively nostalgia now. Bear in mind my colleague was convinced that in 2003 there was going to be a second uprising of the Amiga massive and the software he was working on was going to change the world. It was school scheduling software. No schools used amigas anywhere on the planet in 2003 and there was no viable hardware for it.  :palm:

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #12920 on: July 08, 2018, 10:13:18 am »
1st though I need 6.5, then 7.5 and then the 8.5, if I'm lucky [emoji16]

You sound like the gardeners from the old Two Ronnies sketch, who move a hole from one end of the garden to the other in several easy stages.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #12921 on: July 08, 2018, 11:14:08 am »
Like I said nothing wrong with that. I owned an A500 back in the day (for 6 months before it got sold to buy an Acorn Archimedes) and loved Test Drive, Another World and Speedball 2 :) ... just the platform is objectively nostalgia now. Bear in mind my colleague was convinced that in 2003 there was going to be a second uprising of the Amiga massive and the software he was working on was going to change the world. It was school scheduling software. No schools used amigas anywhere on the planet in 2003 and there was no viable hardware for it.  :palm:

Lol, yeah I know a few guys who run "Amiga OS" or Morph OS on ancient power pc Mac's and think it's the second coming...  :palm:

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #12922 on: July 08, 2018, 01:09:59 pm »
Check this out. When I grow up I want to have the same toys. The owner is the admin for a Vintage Tek Facebook group.

If I had that bench I would never leave home and become that weird old hermit gray beard that no one ever sees. Oh hell, I'm that already!   :palm: :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Cubdriver

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12923 on: July 08, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »
1st though I need 6.5, then 7.5 and then the 8.5, if I'm lucky [emoji16]

You sound like the gardeners from the old Two Ronnies sketch, who move a hole from one end of the garden to the other in several easy stages.
That's a compliment to be likened to two of the funniest men on TV ever. Besides if you make the jump in one, you just don't appreciate the awesomeness of the meter. [emoji41]
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12924 on: July 08, 2018, 01:54:19 pm »
Check this out. When I grow up I want to have the same toys. The owner is the admin for a Vintage Tek Facebook group.

If I had that bench I would never leave home and become that weird old hermit gray beard that no one ever sees. Oh hell, I'm that already!   :palm: :-DD
That's beautiful [emoji106]
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf