Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14407667 times)

marcumr, RolandK and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #20975 on: December 10, 2018, 03:04:07 pm »
Teaser alert.  :-DD

The new bench is now standing on it's own. The legs are done. Electrical installed. First coat of poly done. I figure 2 more coats.

No pictures, I don't want to ruin the reveal. Once it's installed later this week and equipment arranged I'll post up.  :-+
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20976 on: December 10, 2018, 05:43:39 pm »
Coopers Pale Ale might change your mind about IPA's on the chart above it is the only one I would drink these days. It is cloudy unfiltered and full flavoured. Coopers Extra Stout is EXCELLENT !!! Just happen to have a six pack -1 = 5 pack :popcorn:

Carlton Draught or Vic Bitter were what was normal when I started drinking beer 30+ years ago. These are from the same company that Fosters comes out of. CUB was one of my clients way back when and they were 'playing' with decreasing Brew times by chemically altering things around. As I was supplying pumps for those chemicals I decided I didn't need to drink it anymore  :P

We have a lot of quality Microbreweries and smaller brewers that have avoided being snapped up for the brand name by the big players so you may find some getting into the USA via wine merchants and so on.

On Guinness has to be proper Irish brewed for mine our local brewed under license (assume the US is the same) isn't Guinness.

I've never seen any Cooper's around here, but I'll check next time I walk into one of the locally owned stores.  The only thing which puts me off about IPAs is that local stuff tends to be incredibly bitter and skunky tasting.  If you can find a stout, porter or dunkel in a bar it is usually much easier to drink.  We have a local brewery which does both a seasonal dunkel and a 10% ABV Russian imperial stout, so I generally stock up when they make it available.

After shooting an event in Pittsburgh the other night we gathered at a local bar and they had an enormous list of brews on tap.  Their Guinness was authentic - you can always tell by the aftertaste whether it is somewhat fresh or bottled and shipped over the pond.

Corona is Mexican for "Donkey Pee".    :-DD

mnem
Dos Equis... well, you can tell what kind of pee that is just by the name.  >:D

I had two years of Latin in high school, so the chance similarity of "Equis" and "Equus"  made me laugh the first time!  A good Dos Equis Dark on tap isn't bad, though, if you can find it.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #20977 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:10 pm »

mnem

I had two years of Latin in high school, so the chance similarity of "Equis" and "Equus"  made me laugh the first time!  A good Dos Equis Dark on tap isn't bad, though, if you can find it.

"Et tu Brute?" So did I.  :-+ It really helps with your vocabulary but I still have to look up words that guys (mnem) in here sometimes spit out.  :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #20978 on: December 10, 2018, 06:48:57 pm »
And in case you're wondering how light beer is made......

The following users thanked this post: GregDunn

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20979 on: December 10, 2018, 07:01:50 pm »
I nearly did my sandwich year at university at the Greene King brewery. Unfortunately that fell through due vehicle failure (damn you Ford!). I’d gave been knee deep in piss there :)

Incidentally I managed to persuade the placement guy at the time that I was doing control systems and not microelectronics  :-DD

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20980 on: December 10, 2018, 07:10:55 pm »

"Et tu Brute?" So did I.  :-+ It really helps with your vocabulary but I still have to look up words that guys (mnem) in here sometimes spit out.  :-DD

We had to read most of "Commentāriī dē Bellō Gallicō" for our assignments, and picked up some interesting idioms from translating Caesar's unique grammar...

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20981 on: December 10, 2018, 07:21:37 pm »
Many years ago, Romford Brewery (Ind Coope) as they were at the time was one of my clients and I was a quite a regular visitor there and more often than not, we'd all end up in their "wet room" sampling the days productions and I've had to leave my car there and get public transport home, those were the good ole days. These days it's a flaming retail park, no longer can you get completely rat arsed for nothing there. :--
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20982 on: December 10, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »
What do you mean? Aldi special brew and the bench outside  :-DD

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20983 on: December 10, 2018, 08:01:05 pm »
Funny thing is I really do not like the taste of beer. Even more funny, I grew up in a brewery, and there at the staff pub the most expensive thing was cooldrink, the draught was practically free, as the casks were the QC department getting rid of the rest of the can, before it went through the bottling plant again.

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20984 on: December 10, 2018, 08:36:11 pm »
It's not something I crave, or particularly drink much of (2-3 a week is holiday celebration level).  But it goes nicely with some meals, and since I don't drink often, why not search for the best?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20985 on: December 10, 2018, 09:36:57 pm »
What do you mean? Aldi special brew and the bench outside  :-DD
What do you mean steal it this time to get rat arsed for nothing??  :palm:

Edit:
Actually after a while, got organised, introduced a colleague and then we took turns to be the nominated driver  :-DD
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:38:52 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline lazarusr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20986 on: December 10, 2018, 09:40:10 pm »
I nearly did my sandwich year at university
Sandwich! You can get a university degree in anything these days!

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20987 on: December 10, 2018, 09:44:50 pm »
I nearly did my sandwich year at university
Sandwich! You can get a university degree in anything these days!
Makes a change from media studies  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #20988 on: December 10, 2018, 09:57:35 pm »
And in case you're wondering how light beer is made......

I keep telling Mrs GreyWoolfe that light beer is made by recycling good beer through winos.  She refuses to believe me and I still refuse to drink light beer.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #20989 on: December 10, 2018, 10:10:57 pm »
I prefer the inverse function... licquors that start out as decent wine and are further distilled, for example.

Though I do have the polock weakness for 'tater squeezins...  :-DD

mnem
"Here's tooya, Tito!"
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20990 on: December 10, 2018, 10:26:05 pm »
That reminds me I'm going to buy some port this Christmas and get hammered.

Just got my new laptop. Keyboard is weird so far. Very low travel but it's surprisingly easy and light to type on  :-+ ... if I talk any rubbish over the next four weeks it's either the port or the keyboard :D

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20991 on: December 10, 2018, 10:32:57 pm »
I prefer the inverse function... licquors that start out as decent wine and are further distilled, for example.

mnem
"Here's tooya, Tito!"
Will also run most two-stroke engines and strip any paint:
http://www.nardini.it/en/grappa-riserva-60-liter.html

Nardini - enabling Dragons since 1779?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20992 on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:08 pm »

mnem

Eh... sol lucet etiam canem asinum. ;)

My cousin used to joke that Dos Equis referred to the criss-crosses over your eyes if you drank too much of the stuff.  Then of course he'd order dos mas.  :-DD

mnem
Carpe vinum!!!
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20993 on: December 10, 2018, 10:55:29 pm »

mnem
"Here's tooya, Tito!"
Will also run most two-stroke engines and strip any paint:
http://www.nardini.it/en/grappa-riserva-60-liter.html

Nardini - enabling Dragons since 1779?

Hmmm... actually sounds interesting, though I'm with Cerebus in his affection for apricot brandy, and then of course there's my favorite aperitif, Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. I don't give a damn what those monks do to their nuts under those robes, as long I still get to drink that stuff.  :-DD

mnem
Yes, I know EXACTLY how bad that sounds. :o
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 12:14:13 am by mnementh »

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #20994 on: December 11, 2018, 12:19:12 am »
Light Beer is just WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG on every level

Statistically proved I am comfortable with my 'problem'  ;D

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 12:20:44 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20995 on: December 11, 2018, 12:57:04 am »
Light beer is not wrong, its just another option and is a good option if you wish to be sociable and have a drink with fellow friends down at the local watering hole and NOT get to anbriated.

I'm not at all surprised to see Test Gear appear as the most popular board of the forum at all, it is after all is said and done, at the very core of electronics be it constructing, repairing or design, test gear is a vital part of it. :popcorn:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20996 on: December 11, 2018, 01:04:56 am »
Or breaking on you  :-DD

anyway I’m going to bed now as it’s 1AM.  :=\

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #20997 on: December 11, 2018, 01:21:29 am »
Light beer is not wrong, its just another option and is a good option if you wish to be sociable and have a drink with fellow friends down at the local watering hole and NOT get to anbriated.

I'm not at all surprised to see Test Gear appear as the most popular board of the forum at all, it is after all is said and done, at the very core of electronics be it constructing, repairing or design, test gear is a vital part of it. :popcorn:

Drink less real beer, walk or catch a taxi or if you are a delicate petal a Shandy was always the traditional option.  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #20998 on: December 11, 2018, 01:52:08 am »
Hmmm... actually sounds interesting, though I'm with Cerebus in his affection for apricot brandy, and then of course there's my favorite aperitif, Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. I don't give a damn what those monks do to their nuts under those robes, as long I still get to drink that stuff.  :-DD

mnem
Yes, I know EXACTLY how bad that sounds. :o
Yep quite nice stuff.  :)

However if you also like a drop of coffee with alcohol, try this stuff:
Baileys Coffee Liqueur.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #20999 on: December 11, 2018, 01:55:36 am »

mnem
"Here's tooya, Tito!"

I tried the squeezins once.  I think it changed my eyeglass prescription.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf