Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14550821 times)

cf4044, Vince, TSCOLAN and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #21225 on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:20 pm »
Well so much for repairing scope... Found another NAS in the cupboard so had to jerry rig a pile of shite to erase the disks on it  :--

I'm just picturing you stumbling around eyes half-open in the kitchen, fumbling the cupboard door open to reach for the coffee can, and instead drawing back a little metal box full of hard drives. The look of  :wtf: slowly turns to consternation as you call out to SWMBO:

"Make an appointment with the exterminator today, honey... we've got NASes again..."  :-DD

mnem

It does get like that here  :-DD ... the kitchen cupboards for example are stacked up at the top with boxes full of shite :)

Edit: proof...  :-DD

Haha, its really comforting to know that I'm not the only one like that around here  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21226 on: December 15, 2018, 04:27:46 pm »
I'd just pay it myself. That's the most expensive bit of the machine!
What? it's only a plastic moulding, no controls come with it, they just screw back onto the new fascia.  :box:

Ahh fecking Beko that doesn't surprise me then. Nothing but trouble from them (and Zanussi)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21227 on: December 15, 2018, 04:34:03 pm »
I'm finding just the opposite really, had a freezer from them for years and years, no trouble at all, and Mum had a fridge by them for about 12 years, no trouble, I sold it when I had to clear out her house and it was like new still.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21228 on: December 15, 2018, 04:36:11 pm »
I see lots and lots of room up there.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21229 on: December 15, 2018, 04:43:44 pm »
I'm finding just the opposite really, had a freezer from them for years and years, no trouble at all, and Mum had a fridge by them for about 12 years, no trouble, I sold it when I had to clear out her house and it was like new still.

My only comment is "at least it's not hotpoint" :)

I have a Beko washing machine and I have to kick the door every time I put it on.

I see lots and lots of room up there.

I'm cleaning it out. No more  :-DD

Actually this is all a drive to clean out because when I nearly got my hands on a new house a while back, unfortunately ruined by a collapsing chain, I had a massive panic about how the hell to move because it turns out this place is just jam packed with crap I (and SWMBO I will add) have collected. I don't fancy moving with it one day

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21230 on: December 15, 2018, 04:44:26 pm »
Gee, unlike some of you in here my day is going along fine. Had several odd things to do and all done with no drama or BS.

Found the same lamp as I have on old bench on both Ali Express and Banggood. I need one for the far corner of the new bench. The lamp on the right of the old bench can function double duty.

And lucky me. Ali has it 19% off price.

Have to work OT tonight so going to go take a nap.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:46:53 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #21231 on: December 15, 2018, 05:06:29 pm »
The difference there you're paying for is shipping time. BG has that light in a US warehouse, so a week to 10 days. AliEx is gonna be 3-5 weeks. Either may come shipped loose in a garbage bag, though.    :-DD

mnem
*Lit AF*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21232 on: December 15, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »
Please do a safety inspection before plugging it in. There have been some horror stories on these forums about cheap Chinese lamps.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21233 on: December 15, 2018, 05:22:29 pm »
It does get like that here  :-DD ... the kitchen cupboards for example are stacked up at the top with boxes full of shite :)

Edit: proof...  :-DD

Oh jeezus... now I just gotta add this to that little soap opera:

Well so much for repairing scope... Found another NAS in the cupboard so had to jerry rig a pile of shite to erase the disks on it  :--

I'm just picturing you stumbling around eyes half-open in the kitchen, fumbling the cupboard door open to reach for the coffee can, and instead drawing back a little metal box full of hard drives. The look of  :wtf: slowly turns to consternation as you call out to SWMBO:

"Make an appointment with the exterminator today, honey... we've got NASes again..."

"Did you get rid of those old servers? I'm not paying for an exterminator until you do; you know they attract the damned things."

"Are YOU going to help me lift them out of the cupboards? You know my back, and they weigh a metric ton."

"You got them in there with that back, you old coot. Why don't you make Jerry come help? He can sure lift a pint with you, least he can do is 'elp you shift some deadweight."

"But then we'll both have to listen to him bitch about the neighbors for an hour... and what the government is taking away this month."

"I'd rather that than listen to you bitch about your back... Maybe I'll get him around to help me shift some OTHER deadweight..."

mnem
 :-DD
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21234 on: December 15, 2018, 05:26:33 pm »
Please do a safety inspection before plugging it in. There have been some horror stories on these forums about cheap Chinese lamps.

Fuck that noise; be brave, plug it right in and HOPE for fireworks.  8) Safety squints ENGAGED! :-DD

mnem
*tzzzt*... it's what's for breakfast.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21235 on: December 15, 2018, 05:29:43 pm »
Just a slow sizzle and a Fire Investigator trying to figure out the reason of your demise.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21236 on: December 15, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »

mnem
Now there's a mental image you'll never be able to unsee...

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21237 on: December 15, 2018, 05:41:39 pm »
Crap. I just noticed the packet of guacamole I've been eating with my pig chips is 2 weeks past it's date...  :o

mnem
I think we've isolated the cause of death...

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #21238 on: December 15, 2018, 05:53:29 pm »
I was woken up by foxes fighting or bonking last night. Wish I could do the same! Not fighting or bonking, well maybe the latter, but shooting them.

Tautech and I could send you some live possums to help feed the Foxes if you like, it's not like non native species could do any damage.
Going out on a limb  :scared: and blaming members hendorog and Dubbie for not getting enough of them when they bought the kids out for a real country experience.  :P

If they're following, we need do that again soon.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21239 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »

mnem
Now there's a mental image you'll never be able to unsee...
I don't want to unsee it. Too much comedic value!

Benny Hill theme intensifies

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21240 on: December 15, 2018, 07:07:56 pm »
The difference there you're paying for is shipping time. BG has that light in a US warehouse, so a week to 10 days. AliEx is gonna be 3-5 weeks. Either may come shipped loose in a garbage bag, though.    :-DD

mnem
*Lit AF*

The last time I ordered the lights from Ali one came from China and the other from a warehouse in the US. So shipping time could be a total crap shoot. In both cases they were well packed and arrived in good shape. Bang does offer expedited shipping for $9 so I may go that route. Turns out I've been very much spoiled by Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.  :-DD   

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21241 on: December 15, 2018, 07:10:30 pm »

The lamp I'm ordering is identical to the 2 I already have and they are built well and safe. But I will check it anyway.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21242 on: December 15, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
Crap. I just noticed the packet of guacamole I've been eating with my pig chips is 2 weeks past it's date...  :o

mnem
If it didn't taste mouldy it's probably not too bad. Non-meat items tend to spoil in fairly obvious ways. Considering guacamole tends to turn brown quite quickly there's a fair chance preservatives were used, further mitigating the risk. Considering you didn't notice it being discoloured, yours may contain quite an amount of it.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21243 on: December 15, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »

mnem

Bleah.....guacamole to me looks like green slime.  :--  And what the freak are "pig chips"? Are you sure we both speak English?  :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21244 on: December 15, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »
The lamp I'm ordering is identical to the 2 I already have and they are built well and safe. But I will check it anyway.
The push for ever cheaper products sometimes means the internals or workmanship can be quite different. I've got a few cosmetically identical products with completely different bowels.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21245 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:54 pm »
Bleah.....guacamole to me looks like green slime.  :--  And what the freak are "pig chips"? Are you sure we both speak English?  :-DD
You're not supposed to look at it. You're supposed to eat it. Pig chips are what you get when you put a pig in a lathe and go at it.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21246 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »

mnem
I think its perfectly safe, the dates on packets is a conservative one anyway for safety sake and most stuff is packed in an inert gas to prevent food going mouldy etc so it means that the Dwagon is going to be with us for a bit longer yet   :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21247 on: December 15, 2018, 07:24:20 pm »
You're not supposed to look at it. You're supposed to eat it. Pig chips are what you get when you put a pig in a lathe and go at it.

Then you eat it. Yuck!  :P

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21248 on: December 15, 2018, 08:56:55 pm »

mnem
If it didn't taste mouldy it's probably not too bad. Non-meat items tend to spoil in fairly obvious ways. Considering guacamole tends to turn brown quite quickly there's a fair chance preservatives were used, further mitigating the risk. Considering you didn't notice it being discoloured, yours may contain quite an amount of it.

Naaahhh... this is Wholly Guacamole; it's a Tejas thing. The only thing in it is avocados, seasonings and a little vinegar. It is sold in a vacuum sealed tub; no air means it never turns black until the day after you open it. As you might imagine, this does make my meal a bit more of a concern.

Ingredients:
HASS AVOCADO, VINEGAR, JALAPENO PEPPER, DEHYDRATED ONION, SALT, GRANULATED GARLIC.

Until I moved to Tejas, I agreed. I could not, would not enjoy the taste of a guac, tho I tried many times. I am told this is because unless you live where they're growed, you don't get them even close to fresh. I think this makes guac really a Tejas/Cally-fone-ya thang.   :-//

But here, it's like a good alfredo sauce... expensive, but a delight to the tastebuds.

Pig chips... ummm, pork rinds, pork cracklins, chicharrones, fried bits of pig skin. The only chip-oid thing I can have when I'm being good.

Excellent with sour cream, cottage cheese or guac; some varieties even taste like bacon or BBQ.

But no, we don't speak English. We both speak 'merkin. :-DD

I think its perfectly safe, the dates on packets is a conservative one anyway for safety sake and most stuff is packed in an inert gas to prevent food going mouldy etc so it means that the Dwagon is going to be with us for a bit longer yet   :-DD :-DD :-DD

Damn. One silver lining would've been not being around when the holiday credit card bills arrive...  :-DD

mnem
No, NOT like cow chips.  :palm:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:00:09 pm by mnementh »

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #21249 on: December 15, 2018, 08:59:30 pm »

I do not think I've ever eaten guacamole with a due date, it usually disappears within 1 hour of me cutting the first avocado in halves, so a date would be pretty useless. "Due hour", maybe?

:beer:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf