Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14552760 times)

Qw3rtzuiop, ch_scr and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #24150 on: February 01, 2019, 09:37:45 pm »

Hope she's fine and get home to you tonight.

Thanks. We don't live together. She has her residence in NYC (Staten Island) and I'm here about 100 miles away. She's currently in an ER in midtown Manhattan. If she is released tonight the NYPD command will bring her home. If she's kept overnight I'm not sure if command will bring her home. She doesn't drive and commutes to work via bus/subway. I do NOT relish driving into midtown Manhattan to pick her up tomorrow if command doesn't bring her home I'll do what I gotta do if necessary. Manhattan traffic even on weekends is an absolute cluster fuck and I don't want her trying to take buses and subways if she's hurting.

My truck started acting up right after the cold snap so I haven't been able to do anything during the day. Got boxes stacked and backed up but as soon as I figure out how bad the fuel line leak is, I will be able to fix it or have it taken into Land Rover. If i cannot fix it myself Ill borrow one of my neighbors spares (they have 5 cars, 2 drivers) if he'll let me OR I will go rent one to get things rolling again. OF COURSE it would happen AFTER i spend $4,000 on a new meter...DAMN YOU MURPHY!

At the risk of pissing off our English friends that's what you get for owning a Rover.  :-DD
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:40:40 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24151 on: February 01, 2019, 09:45:23 pm »
I’ve owned land rovers and rovers. It’s perfectly justified :)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24152 on: February 01, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »
No sooner did I post above and I get a phone call. It's my woman. (In case you don't know she's NYPD cop) She's in the ER again. Got knocked down again breaking up a fight. This time the injuries are more extensive including hitting her head. In a lot of pain. X-rays pending. She'll call me later with the results. They may keep her overnight.

I may be making a trip down to NYC tonight. Damn.
Med, I hope everything is going to be fine, didn't you say that she retires soon? Lets hope that it's nothing too serious and that she can have a few days at home resting. I'm sure that I speak for most people here in that we all wish her well.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24153 on: February 01, 2019, 10:09:24 pm »
@bd, awesome job on the Racal, well done  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24154 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:09 pm »
Quick heads up if anyone is looking for some computer gear.

COMPUTERS & BUSINESS MACHINERY

Timed Online Auction
Ends: 7th February 2019
10:00 GMT

View Auction Catalogue
ONLINE AUCTION

OF

COMPUTER HARDWARE

15 Apple MacBook Pro
6 Apple MacBook Air
12 Apple iMac’s
Samsung wall mounted 75 inch and 65 inch TV’s
30 i5 & i7 Laptops
VR Headsets
Office Peripherals

AUCTION VENUES:
London Bridge
Viewing: Strictly By Appointment Only: Tuesday 5th February - 10am – 3pm
Closes: Thursday 7th February - from 10 am
Collection: Tuesday 12th February

0345 257 2533
contact@pdsauctions.com

https://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/peter-davies-and-sons-ltd/catalogue-id-peter-1-10035?utm_source=ib-bespoke-auc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=peter-davies-and-sons-ltd&utm_term=20190201&utm_content=peter-1-10035
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #24155 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »
No sooner did I post above and I get a phone call. It's my woman. (In case you don't know she's NYPD cop) She's in the ER again. Got knocked down again breaking up a fight. This time the injuries are more extensive including hitting her head. In a lot of pain. X-rays pending. She'll call me later with the results. They may keep her overnight.

What, you're still here? Go, man! GO! You know she's worth it!    ;)

I had one when the ISA bus was a thing. After that I just google the beep codes or swear at it and throw it in the trash
I still have one.  Mine has a flat ribbon cable with an extra 7 segment display on it so you can still see the codes when you can't see the display on the cards.  I even have the book that tells me the error codes for various bioses.  Biosi?  It had its fair use back in the day and I keep it out of a bit of sentimentality.

Mine came with that; I never bothered to install it. I have actually used mine as recently as a couple years ago. I keep it against the day I need to resurrect some prehistoric machine to salvage data. And because I'm a fucking TEAnut, and it's TE.  :-+

From a few days ago; EDIT: I did not actually BUY and PAY for the meter until yesterday. I ended up going with eBay store "ValueTronics INT'L." Looks like it shipped today and I am hoping to have it by mid-week! Shout out to ValueTronics for hooking me up.
Congratulations man, that's an awesome bit of kit. And sorry for encouraging your bad habits. ;D

You're not even the least bit sorry. Don't say it when it isn't true!  >:D

More Wera screwdriver pr0n, today I received the set with PZ#1 and PZ#2, which I desperately needed.

I'm sold on these screwdrivers. I used to swear by a set of Stanley "FatMax" branded screwdrivers that I keep in my portable tool bag, but these are better made and imo have better ergonomics.

Mmmokayyyy... but what do you need with PoziDriv screwdrivers, except to ruin perfectly good Philips head screws? Do you work in some benighted subterranean shophole on the slopes of Mordor where they still use those evil things?  |O

At the risk of pissing off our English friends that's what you get for owning a Rover.  :-DD

Ditto. But hey, still beats a Hummer. Or worse yet, a H2:palm:

Ditto there as well!  :-+  That also beats a Hummer... unless its the kind given by your favorite Redhead. ;)

mnem
Definitely feeling the blood loss...
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24156 on: February 01, 2019, 10:17:01 pm »

Med, I hope everything is going to be fine, didn't you say that she retires soon? Lets hope that it's nothing too serious and that she can have a few days at home resting. I'm sure that I speak for most people here in that we all wish her well.

That WAS the plan. She wanted to retire this month. It isn't going to happen for another 3 years and I'll tell you why. It's due to greed. She's currently 62. She's severely diabetic and she requires injections of fast acting insulin and slow acting insulin. As may or may not know in the last few years the 2 drug companies that make insulin have decided to jack up the price of insulin to unreasonable levels. (Actually criminal levels IMHO) If she were to retire now her retirement medical would not cover that cost. (So much for "Obamacare". What a joke) She estimated she'd be bankrupt in a few months. So she has to wait until age 65 when Medicare kicks in and will pay for it.
Now doesn't that suck?   

The following users thanked this post: cdev

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24157 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:44 pm »
In Other News...

It's printing. Pray for me.

And a cordial "Fuck you!", bean.  :-DD

mnem
 :popcorn:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24158 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:37 pm »

That WAS the plan. She wanted to retire this month. It isn't going to happen for another 3 years and I'll tell you why. It's due to greed. She's currently 62. She's severely diabetic and she requires injections of fast acting insulin and slow acting insulin. As may or may not know in the last few years the 2 drug companies that make insulin have decided to jack up the price of insulin to unreasonable levels. (Actually criminal levels IMHO) If she were to retire now her retirement medical would not cover that cost. (So much for "Obamacare". What a joke) She estimated she'd be bankrupt in a few months. So she has to wait until age 65 when Medicare kicks in and will pay for it.
Now doesn't that suck?   
Yep, that sucks alright, but wasn't Obamacare torpedoed by resident chump?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24159 on: February 01, 2019, 10:25:51 pm »

Ditto there as well!  :-+  That also beats a Hummer... unless its the kind given by your favorite Redhead. ;)

mnem
Definitely feeling the blood loss...
I think that last time I checked, a H2 was also a Hummer, or are you talking about the blasted motorbike  >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24160 on: February 01, 2019, 10:32:06 pm »

Now doesn't that suck?   
Yep, that sucks alright, but wasn't Obamacare torpedoed by resident chump?

The mandate that requires you to sign up was repealed but the basic elements of that POS Health Plan are still in place. In reality Obamacare was (supposedly) just to make health care affordable to lower class and poor. It did NOTHING if you were middle class and worked all your life and paid your taxes. In fact, sometimes it made your healthcare costs INCREASE.  :wtf:   

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24161 on: February 01, 2019, 10:35:20 pm »

Now doesn't that suck?

[SoapBox]  :rant:

Yeah, well; that's not ObamaCare; that's what McConnel, Ryan, Gingrich, et al have done to effectively destroy it. Remember, it has literally been their single biggest concern since the day it became law, aside from covering up the election fraud that put Chump in the White House.

As for Big Pharma/Greed... the two are kindof synonymous here in the Corporate States of America. The entire medical care industry (Industry? SERIOUSLY? Turning it into another factory product is what's WRONG with medicine right now) is about siphoning off as much of your personal net worth as possible in the fewest possible visits when you get sick, and then siphoning off your kids' inheritance when you die. It has been the single largest mechanism of the shift of wealth to the 1% over the last 40 years. And it's no fucking accident, either.

[/ :rant: ]

mnem
I need a drink.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #24162 on: February 01, 2019, 10:38:16 pm »

snip

More Wera screwdriver pr0n, today I received the set with PZ#1 and PZ#2, which I desperately needed.

I'm sold on these screwdrivers. I used to swear by a set of Stanley "FatMax" branded screwdrivers that I keep in my portable tool bag, but these are better made and imo have better ergonomics.

Mmmokayyyy... but what do you need with PoziDriv screwdrivers, except to ruin perfectly good Philips head screws? Do you work in some benighted subterranean shophole on the slopes of Mordor where they still use those evil things?  |O

snip

HP used pozidriv in a lot of test equipment.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24163 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:43 pm »

I think that last time I checked, a H2 was also a Hummer, or are you talking about the blasted motorbike  >:D

A Hummer is an actual HMMWV  military vehicle produced by AMG, then retrofitted to be street-legal and tolerated by civilians who expect such senseless things as air conditioning, heat, carpets, upholstery, etc by a third party contracted through Cadillac division of GM.

An H2 is nothing more than a skin job on a Chevy Avalance; there is NOTHING in common with an actual Humvee in the vehicle, except the raging-testoterone "styling".

An H3... fuck. It's not even that; it's just what the renamed the Blazer to when they discontinued the badge.   :palm:

mnem
ow.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24164 on: February 01, 2019, 10:47:37 pm »

snip

snip
HP used pozidriv in a lot of test equipment.

Absolute proof positive of the evil thereof!!!  :-DD

mnem
You decide.  ;)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24165 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:23 pm »
Most metric hardware sold here is either Torx or Pozi. I have no problems with it

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24166 on: February 01, 2019, 10:51:59 pm »
Blasphemer! Get down on your knees and pray to the gods of TE; say a thousand "Hail High Voltage!"es before I wash your mouth out with soap!!!

mnem
Also, your feet stink and you don't love Jesus. (Allegedly)  :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24167 on: February 01, 2019, 10:52:30 pm »

A Hummer is an actual HMMWV  military vehicle produced by AMG, then retrofitted to be street-legal and tolerated by civilians who expect such senseless things as air conditioning, heat, carpets, upholstery, etc by a third party contracted through Cadillac division of GM.

An H2 is nothing more than a skin job on a Chevy Avalance; there is NOTHING in common with an actual Humvee in the vehicle, except the raging-testoterone "styling".

An H3... fuck. It's not even that; it's just what the renamed the Blazer to when they discontinued the badge.   :palm:

mnem
ow.

There used to be either a website or forum called "FuckyouH2" where you took a pix of your finger flipping the bird at an H2 (or H3). And yep, that was the perfect vehicle for guys with a small penis.  :-DD

The H2 was actually built on a Chevy Suburban frame. And yes, the H3 was on a Chevy Blazer frame.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #24168 on: February 01, 2019, 10:53:49 pm »

Me too I had one to drive and the other for spares. Still a heap of fun  :)

mnem

Where is the fillets for more strength? Your vertical webs are going to break along the layers due to no webs  :box:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24169 on: February 01, 2019, 10:58:58 pm »
There used to be either a website or forum called "FuckyouH2" where you took a pix of your finger flipping the bird at an H2 (or H3). And yep, that was the perfect vehicle for guys with a small penis.  :-DD

The H2 was actually built on a Chevy Suburban frame. And yes, the H3 was on a Chevy Blazer frame.
Nope. Avalanche. The Suburban is almost a foot longer than a H2. The AllData for the H2 refers you back to the Avalanche dataset for everything suspension and drivetrain-related.

mnem
*poit!*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:00:55 pm by mnementh »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #24170 on: February 01, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »

Tough job to be at any age but even tougher as you get older as we don't bounce like we used to. Travel safe if you have to the weather looks brutal :)

So glad we have such a great Health System in this country and yet some still bitch about it. :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24171 on: February 01, 2019, 11:03:39 pm »

Nope. Avalanche. The Suburban is almost a foot longer than a H2. The AllData for the H2 refers you back to the Avalanche dataset for everything suspension and drivetrain-related.

mnem
*poit!*

Really? Gee....all my sources said Suburban. But in reality drivetrain-wise there isn't a lot of difference.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24172 on: February 01, 2019, 11:08:36 pm »

Tough job to be at any age but even tougher as you get older as we don't bounce like we used to. Travel safe if you have to the weather looks brutal :)

So glad we have such a great Health System in this country and yet some still bitch about it. :palm:

Thanks. The weather over the next few days is supposed to be clear and above freezing. :-+

Have those whiners about your health care come over here for a while.   ::)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24173 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:03 pm »

mnem
Where is the fillets for more strength? Your vertical webs are going to break along the layers due to no webs  :box:

I gotcher fillets RIGHT HEAAAH!!!   :-DD

mnem
Still fuck you; for getting me into Fusion and still, VERY cordially so. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:18:05 pm by mnementh »

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #24174 on: February 01, 2019, 11:13:11 pm »

mnem
*poit!*

I'm fairly certain it's a Tahoe chassis, not a Suburban. I know I guy who had a Duramax powertrain retrofitted into his, and I doubt the Avalanche platform is big enough for that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf