Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14407660 times)

marcumr, RolandK and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #30150 on: April 25, 2019, 10:29:31 pm »
I think I might owe you all an apology, been in the garage tonight and found yet another calculator but it's not an HP. I'm beginning to think that maybe I was mistaken because this one is also a TI 56 like the one shown but mine is in a hard case and I know that I have more safely tucked away out there.

Hmm, seems I might be bit of a Ti fanboy without really noticing it until now  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: nixiefreqq

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30151 on: April 25, 2019, 10:34:47 pm »
*iPud fixin' time*
OK who's arse sat on it ?   :clap:

Nope; nothing so domestic. ;) Bought one with faulty LCD to fix. Replaced that, but now having problems with the HOME button. Parts just arrived; hopefully this will be last problem.  :-+

mnem
*fix-ily*
;D
Just like my 4S, dunno how many versions of it I'm on now, at least 10 I reckon.
New chassis, batteries, buttons, screens and charging sockets, all hand me downs from previous members of the family.
Reminds me of grand dads axe..........7 new handles and 2 new heads but still the same axe.  :-DD
That made me laugh like a drain, reminded me of this
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #30152 on: April 25, 2019, 11:30:04 pm »
Gotta love British humor (humour)  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30153 on: April 25, 2019, 11:36:33 pm »
This is a long shot I know, but I have been looking for the following calculators to add to my collection for years and had zero luck so far, they are Commodore S61, Commodore N60 and Commodore M55, does anyone know where I might locate one of these at all?

https://hah.life/video/yHOy0yVGiYTk/-/Commodore%20M55%20Calculator%20Fix
Who let Murphy in?

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #30154 on: April 26, 2019, 12:16:34 am »
This is a long shot I know, but I have been looking for the following calculators to add to my collection for years and had zero luck so far, they are Commodore S61, Commodore N60 and Commodore M55, does anyone know where I might locate one of these at all?

https://hah.life/video/yHOy0yVGiYTk/-/Commodore%20M55%20Calculator%20Fix

Only one Commodore Calc in Oz at present is this eBay auction: #392277813512 $35 + $11 post. And if anyone wants it I can on forward.

And for a very TEA Appropriate one the Sanyo Nixie Calculator eBay auction: #173456050903 'Only' $299 AUpesos.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: kj7e

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #30155 on: April 26, 2019, 12:17:39 am »
Gotta love British humor (humour)  :-DD

Love? "Ahh wouldn'a go that far..."  :-DD

@bean: VERY TEA: https://www.ebay.com/itm/233197987252

mnem
*tinker... tinker... putter... tinker...*
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:23:29 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #30156 on: April 26, 2019, 12:53:21 am »

Hard to pick just one. But purely from an emotional perspective it would be this one. Why? Because prior to it showing up in 2015 I was essentially inactive in the hobby. And this 2465 DMS needed repair and I had to seek out help via net which eventually lead me to here. And it's been down hill ever since.  :-DD :-DD

Of all the scopes I have, I think the 2465 is my favorite. I just like using it though I feel a little guilty about the 475A sitting in the corner. Though at some point I'd love to trade up to the DMS. 

And I am glad that it was a scope that brought you here, too.  :-+
specialization is for insects.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #30157 on: April 26, 2019, 05:01:46 am »
@ med
Can you get Simple Green, that stuff can work miracles on some mucks.

Yeah. It's also great to use, instead of pesticides, for getting rid of ants.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30158 on: April 26, 2019, 05:04:22 am »
Hard to pick just one. But purely from an emotional perspective it would be this one. Why? Because prior to it showing up in 2015 I was essentially inactive in the hobby. And this 2465 DMS needed repair and I had to seek out help via net which eventually lead me to here. And it's been down hill ever since.  :-DD :-DD

Yes, it is worthy, I'd say.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #30159 on: April 26, 2019, 05:09:23 am »
*iPud fixin' time*
OK who's arse sat on it ?   :clap:
Nope; nothing so domestic. ;) Bought one with faulty LCD to fix. Replaced that, but now having problems with the HOME button. Parts just arrived; hopefully this will be last problem.  :-+

mnem
*fix-ily*
;D
Just like my 4S, dunno how many versions of it I'm on now, at least 10 I reckon.
New chassis, batteries, buttons, screens and charging sockets, all hand me downs from previous members of the family.
Reminds me of grand dads axe..........7 new handles and 2 new heads but still the same axe.  :-DD

Grr. Looks like something FUBAR in my replacement screen; and it's ridiculously overlong to try and get an exchange. Like months.  |O New Home button didn't fix the problem. But it does work plugged into the old screen; while it's mostly lines, I can see response when I press the Home button. Meh; $4 gamble in parts didn't pay off.

I'm declaring a strategic withdrawal and just going to live with it. Not even going to seal up the new screen; just going to stick it together with the residual adhesive and stuff it into a protector. The onscreen Home button from Accessibility Options works, and who knows how long before some fat dwagon's ass kills this screen, even in a shiny new Otterbox.  :-DD

mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a clock mallet*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30160 on: April 26, 2019, 05:20:00 am »
Not going to even begin to list meters though.  :palm:
Likewise! :palm:
Oh, go on list your meters, that’s my weak spot. I have far more meters than I actually need, then hear Dave Jones voice whispering in my, “You can never have too many meters” so I get another and another and so it goes on. I think I need to let some go, no more space.☹️

Naaahhhh... "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." I feel no need to add to Murphy's spoils today.  ;) And my back remembers the LAST TIME I tried to do a family portrait with all my meters.   :phew:

OK, I'll offer a compromise by listing the models, but spare you the quantities. >:D

B+K/Dynascan 177
Cen-Tech 69096 (everyone's favorite "free" DMM)
Fluke 8100A
Greenlee DM-820A
HPAK 3456A
HPAK 3469A
HPAK 3478A
HPAK 34401A
HPAK 34410A
HPAK U1252A
HPAK U1272A
HPAK U1282A
Keithley 160
Keithley 196
Keithley 2700
Uni-T UT210E

Do electrometers count? ;D

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #30161 on: April 26, 2019, 05:29:08 am »
Got into some Aussie heavy metal today BWD 246B. None of that lightweight HP or Agilent Rubbish ;D

35V @ 5A x 2 has some leaky caps to sort out but otherwise within 1/2 a volt on the meter, load tested fine and cosmetically tidy for what is most likely 30+ years old.

At 22kg + box my slightly built Female postie gets  :-+ Under bench shelving may need reinforcing when it goes into use.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:31:20 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30162 on: April 26, 2019, 05:31:13 am »
Wow, that's quite a power supply, bean. It's outgrown its case! :-DD

Gotta love that it comes with dual handles, one for each transformer.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #30163 on: April 26, 2019, 06:54:51 am »
Got into some Aussie heavy metal today BWD 246B. None of that lightweight HP or Agilent Rubbish ;D

35V @ 5A x 2 has some leaky caps to sort out but otherwise within 1/2 a volt on the meter, load tested fine and cosmetically tidy for what is most likely 30+ years old.

At 22kg + box my slightly built Female postie gets  :-+ Under bench shelving may need reinforcing when it goes into use.

Those transformers are fucking HUGE!!! That's a lot of iron. You know it's serious when the thing has two carry handles on top.  :-DD

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #30164 on: April 26, 2019, 08:13:37 am »
I just added up my volt meters/dmm (included electrometers/nV) - excluding analogue - gulp - 41.
My only saving grace is that my wife has more shoes!
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #30165 on: April 26, 2019, 08:18:14 am »
Later today I'm going to be making a short (under 2 hr) road trip. If the trip is successful I will be making the best score ever. It will even beat the $65 USD Tek 2465 score from last year in terms of value/goods received. I'm not going to reveal what it is just yet. When the transaction is complete I'll do a full reveal. If the deal goes belly up I'll reveal that too.

Stay tuned.  ;D

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #30166 on: April 26, 2019, 08:24:32 am »
I'm behind on reading blogs at the moment.

The Tekwiki for the Pacific Measurements 1038 system is moving forward at full blast.   :box:

I figured I'd promote for membership (enjoy yourself... I'm not nit picky) and have a central source for resources, experiences, history or whatever insight they'd like to share regarding Pacific Measurements and Wavetek Systems.  Thanks in advance for your time and support!   :-+

https://www.facebook.com/groups/698747963909529/?hc_location=group
That requires me to log in to farcebook (or less polite names), so sorry, that's of no use to me.

Same here... FurkBook is a toxic wastedump. I pulled the plug there years ago when I discovered what colossal timesink it is; long before we discovered what an utter fuckstick Zuckerberg, et al were being with people's personal data.  :palm:

The other points that are of considerable relevance to an archive of information are:
  • can someone google to locate the information
  • will the information be accessible in 5 years time
Farcebook fails both of those, badly. Certainly I wouldn't waste my time generating information for it.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #30167 on: April 26, 2019, 08:25:41 am »
I just added up my volt meters/dmm (included electrometers/nV) - excluding analogue - gulp - 41.

What is it with women and shoes? My lady copper must have more shoes than Imelda Marcos ever had. Once time she mail ordered some shoes and had them sent here. At least 5 pairs of the SAME shoe in different colors.  :scared:

Last time I checked it's 2 pairs of dress shoes, a pair of sneakers, and 1 pair of work boots which is what I wear most of the time.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #30168 on: April 26, 2019, 08:30:35 am »

What is it with women and shoes? My lady copper must have more shoes than Imelda Marcos ever had. Once time she mail ordered some shoes and had them sent here. At least 5 pairs of the SAME shoe in different colors.  :scared:
And they never learn the real truth about their foot ware; when a woman is dressed to kill her first victims are her feet !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30169 on: April 26, 2019, 08:34:50 am »
And they never learn the real truth about their foot ware; when a woman is dressed to kill her first victims are her feet !  :-DD

Hahahaha so true.

I have one pair of shoes. When those wear out, I buy exactly the same ones again and keep the old ones for the garden. I have worn the same shoes for about 15 years. Each pair does about 2500 miles of walking I worked out from Apple's health app.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30170 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:24 am »

I don't know what's with it, but I'm not going to attempt to solve it. Without it, there's no TEA. "What do you mean, another multimeter? This one has a different {display|range|feature|bezel|bumper|foot|knob|color} than the others!"

The following users thanked this post: VK5RC

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #30171 on: April 26, 2019, 08:47:23 am »

Hahahaha so true.
Well almost with the exception being my gran that @80 something would wear her new flash shoes around the house for a few days on the wrong feet !  :o
She'd grumble some when doing so but never did her shoes give her issues when she went out.

Where she lived for ~75 years is just across the road from where we are now and not long before she passed she insisted she had our 3 little'uns over for a Sunday lunch. Turn up at 2.30 were our instructions and only to find her on all fours on the carpet playing cards with the kids.  :o
Really great old biddy she was and made it to 96.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #30172 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:30 am »

NO - you undersell yourself!!  You have at least one more saving grace.......

When was the last time your wife used 3 or 4 pairs of shoes at the same time.....?

Multiple meters FTW!

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30173 on: April 26, 2019, 08:53:29 am »
And how many of her shoes can be sold for the same or more than the purchase price after being used? :-DMM

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30174 on: April 26, 2019, 08:57:31 am »
IT crowd always makes me laugh on this subject:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf