Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14789910 times)

Vince and 77 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #42600 on: November 10, 2019, 08:27:41 pm »
Took 3h50m at 20% infill 0.2mm for speed ref with default cura settings.

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42601 on: November 10, 2019, 08:50:24 pm »

Potato!
At first I discounted this as a prank, if you look at it quickly, it looks like a piece of plywood with a potatoe shape that has been cutout of it with a jigsaw  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42602 on: November 10, 2019, 08:55:04 pm »
It does actually. Lighting trick  :-DD.

Thinking about buying an airbrush. This is escalating  :o.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42603 on: November 10, 2019, 09:09:05 pm »
Cool will take a look at that. Thanks  :-+
Yup. I tossed the 8008 in my tool bag as a third meter without thinking; now I regret not taking the 8002 as I have zero thermometers I can use to reality-check my T12 OLED station. :palm: -20~1000℃ range, but integer values only IIRC. That may be a problem for your application; I don't know. :-//

mnem
 :-DMM

temperature will be measuring iron tips and transistor temperature. 1oC resolution is good enough. It only has to be better than the finger sizzle test. Aliexpress is have a discount day in 14h so I will bag one then for just under £9 and see what the deal is  :-+
I use an infra red thermometer from Lidl for checking transistors etc range of -40C to +220C seems, to  do the job really well. For iron tips, I got me one of these Hakko clone testers, good enough for the task. 
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #42604 on: November 10, 2019, 09:53:50 pm »
There's a sibling here. At the moment ~ 20 € plus shipping (unsure if seller wants to ship outside Sweden, I can proxy if med needs to use more paint...)
I have no use for it. Looks like it's only 3.5 digits and no Ohms function. I've moved beyond that.  :-DD

Some people have use for it. It went for $115  :wtf:

There's a 34401 with errors slowly reaching impossible-to-defend prices. I'll keep an eye.

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #42605 on: November 10, 2019, 10:00:16 pm »
Oh, a glass-fiber solder-pad-cleaning pencil is fucking magic for this work; but I still prefer to mask the adjacent substrate, and cleaning off old shellac tends to foul up a tool which is a) not in most people's kit and 2) refills can be pretty pricey unless you get844;image[/img]

Will seal with Kapton and let it go in the wild thanks Bro.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42606 on: November 10, 2019, 11:21:37 pm »
Fight!  :-DD

I'm 3d printing a potato at the moment  :o

Not from me :)

Are you going to roast, boil or mash it. Or is it a case of "Ceci n'est pas une pipe pomme de terre"?
I had a plastic lemon which I repeatedly placed into the fruitbasket until it was scarred all over from attempts to cut it up. My xswmbo threw it at me on at least two occasions after such attempts. :-DD

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42607 on: November 10, 2019, 11:30:26 pm »
This is definitely a stare at it potato. This is a request, rather than a personal desire to print.

Everybody needs a hobby. And I have the impression this is much less dangerous than other activites of yours.  :-DD
Suddenly I'm getting ideas about nitrifying potatoes!

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42608 on: November 10, 2019, 11:47:47 pm »
There's a sibling here. At the moment ~ 20 € plus shipping (unsure if seller wants to ship outside Sweden, I can proxy if med needs to use more paint...)
I have no use for it. Looks like it's only 3.5 digits and no Ohms function. I've moved beyond that.  :-DD

Some people have use for it. It went for $115  :wtf:

There's a 34401 with errors slowly reaching impossible-to-defend prices. I'll keep an eye.
There is also a Fluke 8060A, which most of us would gladly aquire for that price.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #42609 on: November 10, 2019, 11:57:59 pm »
bd139's design printing.

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #42610 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:11 am »
The division principal was that each input pulse dumped a charge glug onto a capacitor. After 5 glugs the voltage had risen sufficiently that it triggered, discharged the capacitor and provided the pulse for the next stage. Since the glug size is somewhat dependent on the input pulse, it isn't surprising that there is interaction between stages.

If you look at the circuit descriptions of high resolution meters, "glug" seems to be standard terminology. To grossly oversimplify, there is a clock (derived from the mains frequency) that increments a counter and dumps a glug of charge onto a capacitor. When the capacitor voltage equals the input voltage, the counter stops and the count is displayed.

None of which detracts from or is detracted by the humor of "Beav-ifying it".  :-DD

~4 hours, 50c worth of filament & electricity, and a ~$250-350 printer to make the thing my wife gets her makeup in for free... & throws away one or two a month.  :o
What's that on the left...? All the bits that fell off while it was printing...? :-DD

mnem
"How are you doing...? Because I'm a POTATO!!!" ~gladOS
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42611 on: November 11, 2019, 12:30:05 am »
Oh, a glass-fiber solder-pad-cleaning pencil is fucking magic for this work; but I still prefer to mask the adjacent substrate, and cleaning off old shellac tends to foul up a tool which is a) not in most people's kit and 2) refills can be pretty pricey unless you get them by the boxfull China-direct...[/img]

Will seal with Kapton and let it go in the wild thanks Bro.

Oh, hey... I was talking about the CORRECT way to fix it. The way I was taught in school & as an ASP for HP. What you hide under the hood is entirely up to you! And of course, there's always the question of "Is this for me, for someone I give a damn about, or some ding-dong off the intardnet...?" that will greatly affect just how much assache is reasonable to expend on a project.  :-+

mnem
*time for Rocket League with my son*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42612 on: November 11, 2019, 12:38:16 am »
~4 hours, 50c worth of filament & electricity, and a ~$250-350 printer to make the thing my wife gets her makeup in for free... & throws away one or two a month.  :o

I don't use makeup and I don't think bd139 does either. Why don't you ask your wife to save them and mail them to us!

870120-0
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #42613 on: November 11, 2019, 12:42:55 am »
I'd argue against the "for free" part too. Have you seen what makeup costs?

Offline alextwin007

• Contributor
  • Collector of mini test equipment
« Reply #42614 on: November 11, 2019, 01:05:47 am »
So I've just started collecting.  However saying I have a space constraint is an understatement, I have my collection and workbench in my bedroom.  However my way to deal with the lack of space is to collect small and cute test equipment  :-DD
(Attachment Link)

Not shown is my workbench, only things off interest are power designes 4010 that I couldn't say no to, and  a dso 2014 as my daily driver scope.

Welcome to our menagerie of misfits.  :-+ Nice collection of miniature stuff. Hang around here and we'll have to buying bigger stuff in no time.   :-DD

I'm curious about the NLS scope. Useful or a toy or a total POS?

I got the NLS mainly as a toy, I was keeping an eye out for a daily driver and this popped up for 30 and was too cute to pass up.
I can see it being useful for specific situations, as it's light and very portable, but the 1" crt is fairly small to read, however the fact that it goes to 50v a div means it's less of a toy then a lot of the modern pocket scopes.
Using the switches for the time base and the vertical gain is a bit different, but allows nice control in a compact design. 
It was the first scope I got and it did help me repair all the other on the shelf, since I got my daily driver after fixing up the others  :-DD

Well I've been trying to hold off on getting things much larger, but I do realize it's only a mater of time.  Don't have much room in my bedroom, between that, my workbench and the mini lathe a mill I also have  :palm:

hey alex,
323 is cool. Build 1967, I have also one here
214 storage, nice. Most problem with them is demolition of parts and boards by the acid soup of dead batteries, no fund to restorate them.
The storage is some dark, but useful. 200 series is always expensive. I need a 211 to be complete.
When we become old + ugly, there is a Tek208 useful !

Martin

Yeah I love the 323 display.
I was lucky with the 214 and the others, I got to them before the batteries caused too much of an issue, so I was able to just replace them after a bit of cleaning to the pcb.  I have gotten all of them in the picture working.
Unfortunately the switches in the storage display bored on the 214 broke.  Since I couldn't find a replacement board I ended up opening up the switches and was able to repair it a bit, but something is still broken in it.

Having a test equipment addiction is difficult when you don't have a lot of room.  The solution, only collect small adorable test equipment.

Looking for a tek 1401 / 1401A, if you have one message me

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #42615 on: November 11, 2019, 02:01:38 am »
Playing Beekeeper apprentice today - zero wins to the buzzy ones 'so far'  :phew: Back to it.......
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42616 on: November 11, 2019, 02:05:16 am »
I did that once for the experience. My friend's bees here I'm in a bee suit taking pics -

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #42617 on: November 11, 2019, 02:11:37 am »
Learnt beekeeping at high school for extracurricular activities as our HOD Science teacher Mr Candy  :-DD had hives at the school.
IIRC I got up to 4 hives at home in my teens but then the birds came along and I lost interest in just bees !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #42618 on: November 11, 2019, 02:51:26 am »
Females of the human kind maybe are less trouble.  :o

This lot didn't like the custom high rise structure strapped to the roof for them a week or so back and had returned under the ridge cap nearby their first attempt at finding a home in the back shack.

Some slippage of Iron and a little smoke later they decamped quickly and decided screw this we are off over the fence to sort out a new place without the Smoke and weirdos in white suits.

Found the thickest most brambly bit of bush in next doors yard to hide in and some careful pruning later are now in the box and leaving the premises  :phew:

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #42619 on: November 11, 2019, 03:21:54 am »
The division principal was that each input pulse dumped a charge glug onto a capacitor. After 5 glugs the voltage had risen sufficiently that it triggered, discharged the capacitor and provided the pulse for the next stage. Since the glug size is somewhat dependent on the input pulse, it isn't surprising that there is interaction between stages.

If you look at the circuit descriptions of high resolution meters, "glug" seems to be standard terminology. To grossly oversimplify, there is a clock (derived from the mains frequency) that increments a counter and dumps a glug of charge onto a capacitor. When the capacitor voltage equals the input voltage, the counter stops and the count is displayed.

None of which detracts from or is detracted by the humor of "Beav-ifying it".  :-DD

What's that on the left...? All the bits that fell off while it was printing...? :-DD

mnem
"How are you doing...? Because I'm a POTATO!!!" ~gladOS

And to think, I use 18 count Styrofoam egg crate for that, I am such a Neanderthal.  Mrs GreyWoolfe doesn't wear makeup so no source there. 3D printing may be fun but eating 18 eggs however I like them is more fun and cheaper. :-DD
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42620 on: November 11, 2019, 03:24:12 am »

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #42621 on: November 11, 2019, 03:53:26 am »
Re Bees, I feel a bit mean but some years ago the family went for a Sunday drive and came back to find a swarm of bees had taken up roost in an old disused chimney that lead down to my daughter's bedroom -  the old fire place had been removed and replaced with a set of drawers. The bees were in the chimney/drawers and room.
Of course it was the weekend and "bees-r-us" (local bee services weren't answering phone calls.
A few flea-bomb/bee-grenades later - two in the room, one upwind on the chimney and two down the hole - eradicated the swarm - I still feel mean but in that old house there was no sealing anything - it leaked like a sieve - we would have had bees in the house for ever. :scared:
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #42622 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:00 am »
Females of the human kind maybe are less trouble.  :o

This lot didn't like the custom high rise structure strapped to the roof for them a week or so back and had returned under the ridge cap nearby their first attempt at finding a home in the back shack.

Some slippage of Iron and a little smoke later they decamped quickly and decided screw this we are off over the fence to sort out a new place without the Smoke and weirdos in white suits.

Found the thickest most brambly bit of bush in next doors yard to hide in and some careful pruning later are now in the box and leaving the premises  :phew:
Nice, yep capturing a swarm of bees is most satisfying.  :)
Also great to watch when they make up their mind a bee box is a good place to make camp and then all tramp into it in just a minute or two.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42623 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:04 am »
Females of the human kind maybe are less trouble.  :o   This lot didn't like the custom high rise structure strapped to the roof for them a week or so back and had returned under the ridge cap nearby their first attempt at finding a home in the back shack.  Some slippage of Iron and a little smoke later they decamped quickly and decided screw this we are off over the fence to sort out a new place without the Smoke and weirdos in white suits.  Found the thickest most brambly bit of bush in next doors yard to hide in and some careful pruning later are now in the box and leaving the premises  :phew:
Nice, yep capturing a swarm of bees is most satisfying.  :)   Also great to watch when they make up their mind a bee box is a good place to make camp and then all tramp into it in just a minute or two.

I now live in the land of $9/kilo honey. One of the few things that actually costs less here; for that price I'll let y'all fuck that football!  :-DD

mnem
"Needs more cowbell."

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:30:47 am by mnementh »

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #42624 on: November 11, 2019, 04:49:53 am »
I had not heard that MFTFB expression before,  :-DD
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf