Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14907678 times)

wkb and 245 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #49725 on: February 15, 2020, 01:27:56 am »
That is how Ive found them as well, or they show signs of heating. e.e, colour changing or actually feel extra warm, either to the touch or show up my infra-red thermometer, like the one that failed the test and became a resistor, this video shows just how this meter works.

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Mortymore, bd139

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #49726 on: February 15, 2020, 01:49:20 am »
And BTW....I will be on Discord again Saturday at 2100 hours UTC. I expect to see some British participation or else you'll be permanently branded as complete wankers.  :-DD
Why the or when it's obviously and?

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #49727 on: February 15, 2020, 02:11:06 am »
i haven't done a board "the tek way" since high school shop.  man, that brought back some memories, thanks for posting it.  :-+

Yup... that was what I was talking about there.  I haven't worked on a board the Tek way since my first gig right out of tech school... they hired me BECAUSE I had training in the multiple cel overlay design process. They were a bit paranoid about having any digital version of anything they made stored anywhere. :scared:

I still have an occasionally recurring dream where I come in to work to find I'd laid out a whole board in the wrong scale; somehow the project made it all the way thru the first run in board fab before they realized the boards were 2.54 times too large... and I'm not wearing pants. :o

mnem
I am not my pants. No, I am not your pants either.
ohmygod this was one of my dreams, only not in metric.  :-DD

it made me laugh, as did all the unicorn stuff (what the hell is a bronie?) which is definitely helpful right now.  :-+

If you got a laugh when you needed one, even at my expense, then it was worth it.   :-DD BTW, it's Bronies : plural / Brony : singular. Can't you spell? ;)

But Bronies... they're no laughing matter. They come from all walks of life, and all manner of skills. They literally downed the 4Chan servers several dozen times over several weeks when that little war went down; then they got injunctions to keep them down if they didn't make a couple dozen hardcore shitheads back off.  :o

Myself, I just laughed. I used to mod on Dominion chat... that's the place that spawned 4chan back in the day. A circle-jerk by any other name... ::)

mnem
Ahhhh, mnemories...

alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49728 on: February 15, 2020, 02:20:26 am »
I just noticed this up top...      Some people might use this number to assert that we either (a) have too much time on our hands or (b) need to get out more.   ;D

I think that's more proof-positive of the "Reality TV" nature of some of the content in this thread...  :-DD

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #49729 on: February 15, 2020, 02:57:00 am »
i haven't done a board "the tek way" since high school shop.  man, that brought back some memories, thanks for posting it.  :-+

Yup... that was what I was talking about there.  I haven't worked on a board the Tek way since my first gig right out of tech school... they hired me BECAUSE I had training in the multiple cel overlay design process. They were a bit paranoid about having any digital version of anything they made stored anywhere. :scared:

I still have an occasionally recurring dream where I come in to work to find I'd laid out a whole board in the wrong scale; somehow the project made it all the way thru the first run in board fab before they realized the boards were 2.54 times too large... and I'm not wearing pants. :o

mnem
I am not my pants. No, I am not your pants either.
ohmygod this was one of my dreams, only not in metric.  :-DD

it made me laugh, as did all the unicorn stuff (what the hell is a bronie?) which is definitely helpful right now.  :-+

If you got a laugh when you needed one, even at my expense, then it was worth it.   :-DD BTW, it's Bronies : plural / Brony : singular. Can't you spell? ;)

But Bronies... they're no laughing matter. They come from all walks of life, and all manner of skills. They literally downed the 4Chan servers several dozen times over several weeks when that little war went down; then they got injunctions to keep them down if they didn't make a couple dozen hardcore shitheads back off.  :o

Myself, I just laughed. I used to mod on Dominion chat... that's the place that spawned 4chan back in the day. A circle-jerk by any other name... ::)

mnem
Ahhhh, mnemories...

I had a brony roommate once back when I had an apartment with roommates. Dude watched my little pony pr0n.  :o

:palm:

...and he would never do his dishes until forced.  :--

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #49730 on: February 15, 2020, 03:18:20 am »

mnem
Ahhhh, mnemories...

wasn't laughing at you friend but at the shared dream experience. only on this thread would i run into someone who has a recurring dream about pcb layout.  ;D

and now that i've spent an hour of my life reading about bronydom, i know way more than i need to know.  waaay more.  i will never learn: sometimes the best thing you can do for your sanity is click the little x box in the right hand corner.

specialization is for insects.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, bd139

Offline WastelandTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49731 on: February 15, 2020, 03:44:26 am »
the bitch is when the tant crowbars the supply out and you are left lifting legs all over the board to find it
I'm new here, but I tend to be pretty gregarious, so if I'm out of my lane please call me out.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49732 on: February 15, 2020, 03:49:26 am »

mnem
Ahhhh, mnemories...

wasn't laughing at you friend but at the shared dream experience. only on this thread would i run into someone who has a recurring dream about pcb layout.
  ;D

and now that i've spent an hour of my life reading about bronydom, i know way more than i need to know.  waaay more.  i will never learn: sometimes the best thing you can do for your sanity is click the little x box in the right hand corner.
You're welcome.  ;D

Seriously, the great majority are mostly harmless. Most are halfway decent sort of average folks who enjoy the chance to shift their brains into neutral in one of the few "safe spaces" left on broadcast TV. At least it's not as insipid as Scooby Doo. :palm:

I had a brony roommate once back when I had an apartment with roommates. Dude watched my little pony pr0n.  :o    :palm:   ...and he would never do his dishes until forced.  :--

Yeah, that's why I posted the Brain Bleach.   ;)

There tends to be a lot of crossover with such a broadly popular media property; the adult fanbase ranges from "Included-Against-Their-Will Parental Units" like myself who appreciate the generally positive message and the much better production values to complete pervs that can't even function on 4chan.  ::)

I've run into a lot of the adult fans and cosplayers at DragonCon and a number of comic cons & Farscape Cons; They're actually funny as hell if you get them drunk or take them to a party where they can catch a few hits off somebody's jay.  >:D  I tend to have a bit more of an open mind about such things; I used to hang out in some of the darker, furrier regions of the internet before there was such a thing as tor and most of it was physically in the US. There really were very few places to hide, and folks who didn't understand the difference between "my spirit animal is a dragon" dragonkin and the "closet zoophile" breed of furries lumped us all together in one pile. As a result, Emerald Forest survivors tended to fight back as one pile too.  ;)

IMO, what someone does in the privacy of their own tissue-box is nobody else's business... but on the flip side of that, take reasonable care to KEEP IT PRIVATE, FFS.  :palm:

mnem
*veteran of a thousand psychic wars*
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 03:55:28 am by mnementh »

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #49733 on: February 15, 2020, 03:55:23 am »
*snip*
 but on the flip side of that, take reasonable care to KEEP IT PRIVATE, FFS.  :palm:

mnem
*veteran of a thousand psychic wars*

....and that was the problem with that guy....  :o

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #49734 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:14 am »
And BTW....I will be on Discord again Saturday at 2100 hours UTC. I expect to see some British participation or else you'll be permanently branded as complete wankers.  :-DD
Why the or when it's obviously and?

Since when did Grammer and Semantics have anything much to do with calling someone a Wanker  :-//

Maybe 'Weak Pommie Bastards' , meant with the usual love and respect from an Aussie might be appropriate too if non appearance happens again.  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49735 on: February 15, 2020, 04:03:11 am »
Lick me, ya Foster's-sluckin' summitch. You know you want to.  >:D

mnem

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49736 on: February 15, 2020, 04:07:37 am »
The sad part is... I know half of you spent at least 5 minutes looking at that pic trying to figure out how to make all the LEDs light up without ruining the composition.  :-DD

mnem
*toddling off to a nice warm bed and wife*

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49737 on: February 15, 2020, 04:12:04 am »
Just to put this right.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49738 on: February 15, 2020, 04:29:04 am »
That’s what makes it a insult, DUH!  :-DD

mnem
Foster’s: Australian for “Ammunition”.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49739 on: February 15, 2020, 04:36:44 am »
It's not an insult it is more just sad that dumb people in other countries can be marketed to and drink the rubbish  ;)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49740 on: February 15, 2020, 04:50:26 am »
For other people, not us.  Because you know I know the difference, and I know how much that bourgeois  stereotype irks you.  >:D

mnem
This time it’s personal. ;)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49741 on: February 15, 2020, 05:00:16 am »
Oh, and before I forget... welcome to the 1990s. >:D

mnem
Great... Mullets, Institutionalized Desperation and Trickle-down Economics. What could possibly go wrong...?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49742 on: February 15, 2020, 05:05:39 am »
Funny just how popular it still is in the UK ::) Like a lot of Branded anythings it has little or nothing of quality inside the packet someone somewhere thought the label was worth a buck >:D

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #49743 on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:57 am »
But all the Hispanics I know drink this, despite it being made from donkey piss.  ::)

The lime or lemon helps to kill the smell.  :o
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #49744 on: February 15, 2020, 07:10:17 am »
Demo'ed a couple of Panhead's with the young fella after a busy day and now onto something tamer.  :phew:

:popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Henrik_V

• Regular Contributor
  • “ground” is a convenient fantasy
« Reply #49745 on: February 15, 2020, 07:52:31 am »
APA : Australian Pale Ale ?
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

The number you have dialed is imaginary, please turn your phone 90° and dial again!

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #49746 on: February 15, 2020, 07:59:48 am »
APA : Australian Pale Ale ?
Nope, American Pale Ale.......and it’s got a boot.

BTW K1W1 flag.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49747 on: February 15, 2020, 09:24:33 am »
I thought you lot all drank Castlemaine 4X  :-DD :popcorn:

https://youtu.be/0FK073qi0tQ

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49748 on: February 15, 2020, 09:33:56 am »
Way back when I was but a youngster I worked for a local spud Farmer and one of our customers was in Queensland so the Truckie was under instructions to bring a few slabs each trip.There are worse beers in Oz not that I have had a XXXX for a long time.

Life is to short to drink bad Coffee or bad beer  ;D

Offline rcrook

• Contributor
« Reply #49749 on: February 15, 2020, 09:37:50 am »
Another one... Not as much cool as a 1960s' heathkit, but I like the late 80's ascetic and it works.. (And I swapped a couple of motherboards for it).

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, med6753, mnementh, bd139, Kosmic

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf