Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 15662761 times)

med6753, factory, tautech, Peter_O and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #52025 on: March 12, 2020, 09:23:41 pm »
How much?!? On yer bike matey!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-OSCILLOSCOPE-2-CHANNELS-100MHz-PM3065-MX-9059/184207705957

:scared: |O :palm:

Because I added that scope to my watch list, just to see how it went, the seller has emailed me and offered me a discount of 20%. They only have 2 watchers, I'm one of them and suspect that you might be the other? Crazy valuation, although I suspect that might because of the large LCD panel on it, they might be thinking it is a lot newer than it is, especially because it does look to be in exceptional condition.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #52026 on: March 12, 2020, 09:26:07 pm »
You need to grab yourself a differential probe for high voltage probing with a scope, you can sometimes grab a bargain on eBay, I grabbed one a while back that will allow probing of up to a max 1000V or 600V ac/dc CAT 3. for not a lot of cash.
Yes well a diff probe might be the preferred solution and certainly offers a wider use case however you can buy a few 100:1 probes for the cost of just one differential probe.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52027 on: March 12, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »
You need to grab yourself a differential probe for high voltage probing with a scope, you can sometimes grab a bargain on eBay, I grabbed one a while back that will allow probing of up to a max 1000V or 600V ac/dc CAT 3. for not a lot of cash.
Yes well a diff probe might be the preferred solution and certainly offers a wider use case however you can buy a few 100:1 probes for the cost of just one differential probe.
While thats true (I have a 100:1 probe myself) but the earth screen is still carried through on those probes but not so with proper differential probes which can use for the probing end, decent multimeter leads such as Probemasters and Flukes etc
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52028 on: March 12, 2020, 09:43:19 pm »
Not TE related ... is it ever?

So our prime minister has just explained that some of us will probably die after his party just spent years destroying the NHS, the company I work for has just closed office and everyone is working from home effective immediately, I just ordered 150 canned goods from the supermarket and I'm sitting chilling to this glorious combination:

Entertainment:

Snacks:

Armageddon fucking rocks so far 8)
If the 150 Canned goods are Abbots then no doubt you'll soon be comfortably numb as well. :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: grizewald

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #52029 on: March 12, 2020, 09:45:18 pm »
@med6753 Here is the parts location, close to U660 on the vertical board.

Edit: To be fair to Tggzzz he did mention these parts to you but referenced page 17 so I'm wondering if you both have the full full manual or not? The one I just downloaded has 192 pages and is the Rev B, March 1976. and if you want me to email it across to you, give me your email address and its yours my friend.

Schematic 17 :) The interconnection schematic that contains several troublesome components, e.g. c911
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52030 on: March 12, 2020, 09:47:29 pm »
If the 150 Canned goods are Abbots then no doubt you'll soon be comfortably numb as well. :-DD :-DD
I've got enough Dulcolax in to unblock the Channel Tunnel here so no issues  8) :-DD

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52031 on: March 12, 2020, 09:49:34 pm »

So our prime minister has just explained that some of us will probably die after his party just spent years destroying the NHS, the company I work for has just closed office and everyone is working from home effective immediately, I just ordered 150 canned goods from the supermarket and I'm sitting chilling to this glorious combination:

I got my 98yo mother 70 instant meals that don't have to be kept refrigerated.

The UK has half the critical care beds that Italy has, so she may not eat them all :(
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52032 on: March 12, 2020, 09:55:32 pm »

I got my 98yo mother 70 instant meals that don't have to be kept refrigerated.

The UK has half the critical care beds that Italy has, so she may not eat them all :(

Similar situation here. Good luck to both of you.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52033 on: March 12, 2020, 09:56:11 pm »
I've got enough Dulcolax in to unblock the Channel Tunnel here so no issues  8) :-DD
Stock piling then eh? I must admit that I have not been tempted to do that in the slightest as it just makes matters worse for others as seen by the bog rolls. Shops here have now limited customers to no more than 5 bottles of milk and 2 packs of bog rolls per customer, where will it all end up. As you said, the PM's party over the years have systematically destroyed the NHS to point it is today on its knees. How long has this plot been hatching to sell off the UK?

Who let Murphy in?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #52034 on: March 12, 2020, 09:57:06 pm »
A pox on people that put random sticky labels on things!   >:(   Now cleaned, acclimatised, and powered on:      

...The load regulation seems... well ok I guess, the metering is not that great. Haven't checked for noise yet, my scope probes are only rated for 300V and I want to think about it a bit before I jump in and fry anything.

That sure is one butt-ugly summitch, iddn'it...?  A face only a fugly-FLUKE could love. :-DD

Agreed on the whole "label pandemic" thing, tho: "10. The adhesive used to apply a label is always stronger than the label itself." ~ The 10 Laws of TEA (And Counting)

mnem
Well, at least now we know where the guy who designed the "pile of poo" Ford Taurus wound up... :o

alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #52035 on: March 12, 2020, 09:59:29 pm »

Edit: To be fair to Tggzzz he did mention these parts to you but referenced page 17 so I'm wondering if you both have the full full manual or not? The one I just downloaded has 192 pages and is the Rev B, March 1976. and if you want me to email it across to you, give me your email address and its yours my friend.

Thanks. My manual has all the same stuff. I just didn't go far enough. D'OH.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52036 on: March 12, 2020, 10:01:08 pm »

Thanks. My manual has all the same stuff. I just didn't go far enough. D'OH.  :-DD
We've all been there at sometime or other.
Who let Murphy in?

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #52037 on: March 12, 2020, 10:02:02 pm »

Entertainment:

Snacks:

Armageddon fucking rocks so far 8)

The stupidity is starting to hit here too. Was in the grocery today. ALL the hand sanitizer......GONE. I saw jerks with multiple rolls of toilet paper but so far the TP aisle is still fairly well stocked. I figure in a few days the panic will take over.  :palm:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Wolfgang

• Super Contributor
  • Its great if it finally works !
    • Electronic Projects for Fun
« Reply #52038 on: March 12, 2020, 10:08:11 pm »
Same here. Hand sanitizer sold out for decades. Remedy: Hombrew your own according to WHO mixture: Isopropyl acohol, peroxide 3%, glycerine, done.
Costs 10% of industrial products max.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52039 on: March 12, 2020, 10:13:59 pm »
Same here. Hand sanitizer sold out for decades. Remedy: Hombrew your own according to WHO mixture: Isopropyl acohol, peroxide 3%, glycerine, done.
Or you could surely just could use good old soap and warm water?
Who let Murphy in?

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #52040 on: March 12, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »
Friend send me this today. The virus_hoarders have bought every single 50 lb bag of rice at local Sam's Club -

948300-0
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52041 on: March 12, 2020, 10:24:05 pm »

Licking my hands clean. Want this over with  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52042 on: March 12, 2020, 10:26:29 pm »

Licking my hands clean. Want this over with  :-DD
Can I have first dibs on the Siglent then if it happens?  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: tautech, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52043 on: March 12, 2020, 10:29:13 pm »

Entertainment:

Snacks:      Armageddon fucking rocks so far 8)

And when you're done Floyding out, you should look for this on NetFlix.  :-DD

The insipidity has reached here too...

We took the whole gaggle downtown to see our attorneys for a scheduled meeting; they have something perfumey in the waiting room that I had an allergic reaction to, so after about 10 minutes I started coughing, eyes watering and had a sneeze until my wife gave me a Ricola. A few minutes later they CALL HER on her cellphone all hair on fire because I had a cough; she explained that I didn't have a cough until I sat down in their stinky waiting room, but they STILL wouldn't see me or anybody but her in the meeting.   |O

But hey; at least we're not in the US, where the imbecile-in-chief is still refusing to admit it's even a THING... :palm:

mnem
Donald J. Chump
@TheRealDonaldChump:
COVIDfefe!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:16:15 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52044 on: March 12, 2020, 10:31:53 pm »
Friend send me this today. The virus_hoarders have bought every single 50 lb bag of rice at local Sam's Club -

(Attachment Link)
Did your friend come there to buy a 50 lb bag of rice?  :-DD
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52045 on: March 12, 2020, 10:40:01 pm »
*Looks up in his cupboard, seeing only a 3/4 of a 10-lb bag of rice*

I now have starch envy.   ???

mnem
*tries to comfort his envy with some fresh hash browns and fails miserably*

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #52046 on: March 12, 2020, 10:41:37 pm »

(Attachment Link)
Did your friend come there to buy a 50 lb bag of rice?  :-DD

No he was just looking at what was sold out. Also no toilet paper of course ...  :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52047 on: March 12, 2020, 10:53:54 pm »

And the peroxide is only beneficial for bacteria, not viruses.

And some research shows that the glycerin reduces effectiveness against bacteria.

70-80% IPA or ethanol by volume, topped up by water is sufficient.

... But is ineffective if there is grime present, and soap plus water is also effective.

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52048 on: March 12, 2020, 11:10:03 pm »
...the company I work for has just closed office and everyone is working from home effective immediately...
Same here. Received a mail yesterday: "all key staff" take your computers home and work there until further notice.

No big deal for me as I work at home most of the time anyway. My colleague in Denmark has it a little harder as the government ordered all the state schools and daycare to close. His wife can't work from home due to the nature of her job   so he's having to keep two pre-teen daughters amused while trying to work at the same time.

Is anyone here running a book on which airline will announce bankruptcy first?  ;)
  Lord of Sealand

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #52049 on: March 12, 2020, 11:48:02 pm »
 :'( doesn't look like I will be getting my Cambridge Potentiometer. A week later and several messages to try and arrange a time to pick up the item and ZIP back from the seller in return :( eBay auction: #392703946526

If they have changed their mind about selling Granddads item then so be it but it would be nice to know at least.

And it has been Relisted for those strong of Back and Weak of will  :-DD eBay auction: #352999790447 It is only taking up a corner of the full sized Pallet unlike the scare mongering of others  ;)

no no no no no no no no.....NO!

i hate you all.

:-DD :-DD :-DD We expect pictures too  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf