Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14550452 times)

factory, McBryce, Jambalaya and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #55725 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:00 am »
hey bd.........half the weight is no excuse for using a plastic cup.  you have a proper cup.  man up and carry it.

Pfft leaves more load carrying ability for important manly stuff like coffee, bacon and knives :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, nixiefreqq

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #55726 on: April 14, 2020, 11:41:19 am »

Pfft leaves more load carrying ability for important manly stuff like coffee, bacon and knives :-DD

Call that a knife? (I mean, without pics to prove it...)

This is a knife. (and a space pen, for size reference) A Finnish Model 95 Ranger knife, by J-P Peltonen.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55727 on: April 14, 2020, 11:49:26 am »
Our mad 5G man is at it again, this time he is actively encouraging others to take his video and share it, post it on their channels because he thinks he is about to get shut down on social media, claims his Facebook account has already been closed down  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55728 on: April 14, 2020, 12:06:37 pm »

This is a knife. (and a space pen, for size reference) A Finnish Model 95 Ranger knife, by J-P Peltonen.

This is what goes with me:

The swiss army one is the "farmer alox" variety. Can opener, saw, awl, and a smaller knife. You can get through a smallish tree with that in a couple of minutes.

Big one is a Mora Companion. I've had a couple of Mora knives somewhere as well in slightly less lurid colours but they tend to get lost so I bought an orange one so I can find it :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:08:13 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mansaxel

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55729 on: April 14, 2020, 12:07:40 pm »
Our mad 5G man is at it again, this time he is actively encouraging others to take his video and share it, post it on their channels because he thinks he is about to get shut down on social media, claims his Facebook account has already been closed down  :-+

I hope he accidentally invelops some soap in prison.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55730 on: April 14, 2020, 12:10:13 pm »

The swiss army one is the "farmer alox" variety. Can opener, saw, awl, and a smaller knife. You can get through a smallish tree with that in a couple of minutes.

Big one is a Mora Companion. I've had a couple of Mora knives somewhere as well in slightly less lurid colours but they tend to get lost so I bought an orange one so I can find it :D
Huh, call that a knife?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #55731 on: April 14, 2020, 12:21:44 pm »

Oh dear, what a shame.

Couldn't happen to a better person.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #55732 on: April 14, 2020, 12:23:08 pm »
Huh, call that a knife?

And he married that broad too.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #55733 on: April 14, 2020, 12:28:35 pm »

What a pity. Not!
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #55734 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:54 pm »
This is my coffee cup. Helps me through the whole day.  ;D  :palm:

Here are my favourite cups, which never get near the kitchen.

One is from a previous employer, and has my initials on the other side. It was responsible for me starting to drink coffee in the early 80s. The company had two good coffee machines (unusual for the time) at each end of a long corridor. Whenever I wanted inspiration or to see the wood for the trees, I would get a cup of coffee and wander back, stopping off at the office of whover looked available for a chat.

The pretty one is from the shopping mall next to Stanford University in Palo Alto.

The middle one is unlike anything I have seen before or since, and I don't know how they managed to make it on an industrial scale. It also summarises how many people feel at the moment.

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker, BU508A, Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #55735 on: April 14, 2020, 01:35:18 pm »
   Re Coffee mugs, I had to bring up an HP Classic, the fundamental equations and constants, F to C conversion, a angle guage, a crude clock and it holds coffee. There still are a few out there - the logo in my mind puts in 70s or 80s.When backpacking I used a single layer stainless steel mug, which also did duty as a small cooking pot, weight and durability rules. I tended to drink tea when backpacking as it is lighter to carry and I refuse to drink instant coffee.

I MUST. HAVE. THAT MUG. *scuttles off to scour fleaBay* Fuck. Nothing this side of the Dumbfuckistan border.  :palm:

Agreed on the single-wall stainless... my preferred camping "everything" vessel was a 24-28 oz SS soup mug that was just the right size to stash a fresh dunny roll and my Boy Scouts (I lasted there about 3 weeks before I broke the Scoutmaster) nesting SS campware wrapped with a couple bandannas stuffed in the hole.

My stove was a bit of 5/16" SS rod grill off a old Caloric range that, when rolled in a towel, just fit flat in the bottom of a prehistoric AL frame pack very similar to this one found on the web. Prop it up across a couple rocks or spanning a narrow firepit and good to cook your bottled eggs with obligatory grass/dirt/leaves seasoning or the morning cuppa ranch coffee, unless it's just a overnight in which case the Stanley SS Thermos rules so you can have a cuppa to get your heart pumping enough to make the fire.  :-+

mnem
Fuck YETI. With a (folding GI foxhole digger) shovel.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:37:00 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #55736 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:35 pm »

Call that a knife? (I mean, without pics to prove it...)      This is a knife. (and a space pen, for size reference) A Finnish Model 95 Ranger knife, by J-P Peltonen.

The swiss army one is the "farmer alox" variety. Can opener, saw, awl, and a smaller knife. You can get through a smallish tree with that in a couple of minutes. Big one is a Mora Companion. I've had a couple of Mora knives somewhere as well in slightly less lurid colours but they tend to get lost so I bought an orange one so I can find it :D

My EDC for decades:      Add larger as needed up to shovel or Katana-sized.   };=)~~~~<

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55737 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:46 pm »
[putting toe in water ... see, it's not so bad]

Oh, the water is fine; but the floor is lava (sorry, Mnem ate something that disagreed with him).

Back when I used to share a 3rd floor flat with two other climbers and two normal people we used to play a game when we got back from the pub. Other than in the lobby, the floor and any steps were out of bounds until you got to your own room or the flat kitchen. This mean climbing the stairwell, traversing the 3rd floor skirting boards and doing either the same or chimneying in any corridors. Trickiest bits were getting from the top of the stairs to the flat front door (three wall traverse with few handholds and two doors in the way), and commiting a hand to opening the front door with a key. We did once try using Kevin as a human bridge from the stairs to the front door, but that didn't well (heap of three drunk climbers on the floor laughing uproariously and provoking heads to poke out from the two other flats on that floor).
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55738 on: April 14, 2020, 02:24:55 pm »
Who let Murphy in?

Online McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55739 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »
He's at it again, todays blog

Edit. Apparently we must also be part of the scam because we don't believe him  :palm:

So how does he explain the Corona cases in countries that don't even have 4G yet? Never mind 5G.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55740 on: April 14, 2020, 02:30:34 pm »
I took my daughter for a husky dog sledge ride on a frozen lake in Norway. When we got there I didn't want to go anywhere near the snarling fighting buggers. But after the run, they were docile pussycats.

Husky puppies, clearly miniature werewolves:

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55741 on: April 14, 2020, 02:30:57 pm »
He's at it again, todays blog

Edit. Apparently we must also be part of the scam because we don't believe him  :palm:

So how does he explain the Corona cases in countries that don't even have 4G yet? Never mind 5G.

McBryce.
Why don't you go to his YT channel and ask? I'm sure that he'll claim that they have but it's been installed covertly or something   >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55742 on: April 14, 2020, 03:14:33 pm »
Boy Scouts (I lasted there about 3 weeks before I broke the Scoutmaster)

Been there. I got kicked out for firing some sandwiches out of the end of a CO2 fire extinguisher  :-DD

My EDC for decades:      Add larger as needed up to shovel or Katana-sized.   };=)~~~~<

Ahh I had to post this one as well after seeing that. The only things of my father's I kept was his swiss army knife and his Fluke 77. He was swiss so you'd expect it really  :-DD. Knife dates to ~1980 and replaced once he had from the 1960s.

SAK is doing fine. However the Fluke 77 is unfortunately gone. It was beyond deceased after 2 leaked batteries and him abusing it for 15 years before I got it. I slightly regret not nursing it back to health if I'm honest but I know a fatality when I see one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:16:17 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55743 on: April 14, 2020, 03:22:04 pm »
I really like these and had one until the wife stopped on an alpine tramp for a snack where it promptly slid off a rock and over a 100ft bluff !  ::) She still owes me for that stuff up !

Forrester Large

Big enough to be really useful like breaking down deer.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en_US/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Large-Pocket-Knives/Forester/p/0.8363
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:27:37 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55744 on: April 14, 2020, 03:25:15 pm »
Yeah the saw is pretty amazing on the things. Will go through bone like cheese.

That is incidentally why I bought the alox. I don't want to lose that classic SAK due as it was an important part of my life.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55745 on: April 14, 2020, 03:35:31 pm »
One like this lives in my fly fishing kit:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #55746 on: April 14, 2020, 03:43:11 pm »
 ;D

An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55747 on: April 14, 2020, 03:45:31 pm »
I think this thread just proves we all know what the good things in life are  :-DD  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, mansaxel

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #55748 on: April 14, 2020, 03:48:53 pm »
But what I carry at all times is a Leatherman Micra.

Edit.....A full size Leatherman in the glove box of the CR-V.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:55:56 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline worsthorse

• Super Contributor
  • aina varma, usein väärin
« Reply #55749 on: April 14, 2020, 04:20:17 pm »
   Re Coffee mugs, I had to bring up an HP Classic, the fundamental equations and constants, F to C conversion, a angle guage, a crude clock and it holds coffee. There still are a few out there - the logo in my mind puts in 70s or 80s.When backpacking I used a single layer stainless steel mug, which also did duty as a small cooking pot, weight and durability rules. I tended to drink tea when backpacking as it is lighter to carry and I refuse to drink instant coffee.

I MUST. HAVE. THAT MUG. *scuttles off to scour fleaBay* Fuck. Nothing this side of the Dumbfuckistan border.  :palm:

for grins, i wandered off to ebay to see if anyone had this fabulous mug.  >:D 

fifty bucks plus, i dunno, ten or twelve more for shipping was a little rich for my blood.   :scared:

* worsthorse wanders off to make a fresh starbucks via in a paper cup left over from his last pre-covid mcdonalds drive through...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:23:08 pm by worsthorse »
specialization is for insects.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf