Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14915269 times)

MF-jockey, RolandK and 260 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #57425 on: April 30, 2020, 07:06:01 pm »
@URI, don't worry, its not as fraud, I have had my full refund and confirmed by PayPal, its genuine alright.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57426 on: April 30, 2020, 07:07:58 pm »
@AVGresponding Thats a nice power unit but a bit disappointing about it being a switcher, I like linear ones, they are the best.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #57427 on: April 30, 2020, 07:12:02 pm »
Got a few BD139 and BD140's floating around  :-+
We have too. Can't get rid of 'm!

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #57428 on: April 30, 2020, 07:26:39 pm »
Crap!
Followed the call and also ordered a Xtal tester from ebay. Ordered from the seller pretending to be shipping from the UK because of hopefully shorter shipping times.
Only some ours on the next day (today) I received message from the seller stating he would like to cancel my order because he has none left in stock. :wtf:
This is the ebay offer I bought from after he wrote me, today, 16:30 GMT, I didn't even order last one offered:

I'm pissed.   :rant:
OTH perhaps it's better this way, who knows?   :palm:
Yeah, thats the same seller who also cancelled mine. They sell them on BangGood for less money, but they are now I think, only available from their Canada warehouse now.

Ok, so, let's see who's got the crystal tester first.  :box:  ;D

981624-0

Good luck.  :-+
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57429 on: April 30, 2020, 07:45:25 pm »
-
Start making some JFH amplifiers then because both DD139 and BD140 are used in their construction  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57430 on: April 30, 2020, 07:48:53 pm »
-
Start making some JFH amplifiers then because both DD139 and BD140 are used in their construction  :-DD

Yeah well I did a stupid didn't I. BD139/140 for drivers yeah but not finals. I sold all my cool power transistors to AVGresponding  :-DD. Think I've got some MJE3055's somewhere but can't find them.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57431 on: April 30, 2020, 07:55:47 pm »
Crap!
Followed the call and also ordered a Xtal tester from ebay. Ordered from the seller pretending to be shipping from the UK because of hopefully shorter shipping times.
Only some ours on the next day (today) I received message from the seller stating he would like to cancel my order because he has none left in stock. :wtf:
This is the ebay offer I bought from after he wrote me, today, 16:30 GMT, I didn't even order last one offered:

I'm pissed.   :rant:
OTH perhaps it's better this way, who knows?   :palm:
Yeah, thats the same seller who also cancelled mine. They sell them on BangGood for less money, but they are now I think, only available from their Canada warehouse now.

(Attachment Link)

Good luck.  :-+
I see, your's was ordered 3 days ago and is at the RDC, mine was ordered yesterday from the UK warehouse and is supposed to be dispatched today. All updates from China are always running late, so the race is on and may the best man win, sorry URI, you don't have a hope of winning this one, this is going to be strictly a 2 horse race  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #57432 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:55 pm »
Was just stripping off a couple of old boards, and I found the perfect match for bd139...

^-^

EDIT: Just scrolled up and read a few posts, some kind of synchronicity happening...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster, WastelandTek, bd139, jxjbsd

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57433 on: April 30, 2020, 08:06:56 pm »
-

Yeah well I did a stupid didn't I. BD139/140 for drivers yeah but not finals. I sold all my cool power transistors to AVGresponding  :-DD. Think I've got some MJE3055's somewhere but can't find them.
I got a few 2N3906's
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57434 on: April 30, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »
Got a gazillion of them as well. Unfortunately they tend to make smoke signals in finals  :-DD

Was just stripping off a couple of old boards, and I found the perfect match for bd139...

^-^

EDIT: Just scrolled up and read a few posts, some kind of synchronicity happening...

BD140 is what BD139's get off on  :o

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Online BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #57435 on: April 30, 2020, 08:34:48 pm »
Got a gazillion of them as well. Unfortunately they tend to make smoke signals in finals  :-DD

^-^

BD140 is what BD139's get off on  :o

But, I'm missing the red hair ...  :-DD
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, capt bullshot, bd139

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #57436 on: April 30, 2020, 09:29:06 pm »

Here's the schematic and instructions in case you haven't found it yet (I'm not sure it will come with them).
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #57437 on: April 30, 2020, 09:39:18 pm »
Lord help me I just bought another friggin' power supply - an HP 6228B showed up on eBuy and like a fish to a lure I bit.   :palm:

It looks to be in decent shape and is fully shod.  Should be here in about a week.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, nixiefreqq, Kosmic

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57438 on: April 30, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »
@xrunner, thanks for posting these, I read many of the comments on BangGood and it seems that these do come with instructions but they are often a photocopy of a photocopy etc and so are not very clear.  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Offline WastelandTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #57439 on: April 30, 2020, 09:44:37 pm »
is that the PNP match for BD?
I'm new here, but I tend to be pretty gregarious, so if I'm out of my lane please call me out.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57440 on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:29 pm »
Correct
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57441 on: May 01, 2020, 12:03:24 am »
I wrote some time ago that I have aquired 'the Dodo of Multimeters' (Yokogawa Electric Works Model 2441), but I did not have time until now to come back to the topic.

Here it comes. And it IS dodoistic to the core. It has strange functions, a strange layout and strange connectors. Almost like someone had tried to design a multimeter which is as different as possible from all others as the single aim.

One should note the slide switch 'Measure - Error - Set Reference'. That was visible on the earlier pics too. What was missing is the view with the two pots on the left side, which are where you can set the reference.
Also look at the connectors, which are at the right side. First the presence of a 'Out' connector and then the inverted type (akin to those appearing on some Simpson meters). And then - who puts 'Ohms' and 'Amps' on one connector and 'Volt' and 'Hertz' on the other?  :o
Also those probes - for most other probes it seems clear why they are designed the way they are. For  those, I don't know. What is the purpose of that neck if the long needle precludes sticking something on?

The first picture shows the 'Measure' mode. It behaves like other 'hybrid' multimeters. The analogue meter shows the same value (roughly) than the digital display.
The second picture shows the 'Error' mode. The reference is set to 6.75V and therefore it shows '0' on the analogue meter. The 'Out' connector gives the set reference value scaled in mV when the meter is in 'Measure' and in 'Set Reference' mode. In 'Error' mode, where I would have found that most likely to be used, it outputs a constant value of 484mV.  :-//
Also, the usage of this signal during a measurement is unclear to me, especially when not measuring a benign DC voltage like 6.75V, because it shares the 'Com' connector with the measurement signal!
 :scared:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:06:45 am by Neomys Sapiens »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, edavid, mnementh, Specmaster, Mortymore, bd139, Kosmic

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57442 on: May 01, 2020, 01:01:09 am »
I like the concept of that meter, I shall keep an eye out for something similar  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57443 on: May 01, 2020, 09:05:29 am »
Looks like it was designed by committee  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #57444 on: May 01, 2020, 09:24:22 am »
Just had this little unwelcome visitor and not practicing Social Distancing at all as he dropped on my head from the shack roof then ran down my neck and inside my shirt to get warm :palm: Yes the weather is really trashy but seriously toughen up and deal with it already ..... Now back into the Garden under a bit of cover.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57445 on: May 01, 2020, 09:31:12 am »
Just had this little unwelcome visitor and not practicing Social Distancing at all as he dropped on my head from the shack roof then ran down my neck and inside my shirt to get warm :palm: Yes the weather is really trashy but seriously toughen up and deal with it already ..... Now back into the Garden under a bit of cover.
Its a female and shes making the first move, you had better run quick.. :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57446 on: May 01, 2020, 09:37:55 am »
May not be obvious but that is Fangs out in front to the Camera so it wasn't happy with the rough shaking of clothes to remove it to the floor. Disturbing my Renderings and Port Sippage too  :horse:

Router table adjustable fence ready to build and a Torsion box shelf added to the torsion box top for my Laser plans more or less finished. Over 3 sheets of ply so with Casters and fixings it will weigh in at about 100kg but it should be able to support a small car  ;)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57447 on: May 01, 2020, 10:16:25 am »
That's looking rather good that is.

I must get me some more F360 skills  :-DD

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57448 on: May 01, 2020, 10:25:39 am »
Less Crap ignore the kids and more F's as you learn :-DD

Compared with when I started out things like playing with my knob are easier and need less lube (alcohol) ;)

I just redid and earlier idea as I need some for a few jigs and the Laser will need some on sliding doors. M6 Bolt in this case and not shown is a Brass nutsert to lock the bolt into the handle. Done post spider removal so 30 minutes or so. 3D printed shell....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57449 on: May 01, 2020, 10:45:23 am »
And on topic sort of while on a trawl of random.

Really rough head but a Heathkit Curve Tracer finishing in 14 hours or so. eBay auction: #233571668560

and a bunch of older Huntron Trackers parts or just for fun mules for what they are 'worth' eBay auction: #401703766438

The following users thanked this post: nixiefreqq

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf