Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14831880 times)

Carl_Smith and 103 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #60125 on: June 04, 2020, 05:18:30 am »
Apples & onions...? Hmmmm...   Dammit!!! Now I have a hankering for Hawaiian-style BBQ pig...  |O

mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a ejection seat mallet*

More like black pudding, bacon and a stir-fry of onion slices and halved apple discs, in bacon fat or if you've got it, duck fat. Under-rated Tuesday food.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #60126 on: June 04, 2020, 06:08:12 am »
I think my cholesterol just went up 2 points reading this thread.....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, wolfy007

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60127 on: June 04, 2020, 06:18:43 am »
Finally I got my new toy.

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, Kosmic, tonyalbus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #60128 on: June 04, 2020, 06:21:46 am »

very nice bro!
i see you have your octoPi on standby already :)
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60129 on: June 04, 2020, 06:34:32 am »

very nice bro!

Not in standby already working with, I just need a case and a Camera to have the full setup.

3D printing is  really interesting  topic and I alway wanted to give it a try .
Currently I'm fighting  with with the setup/calibration of the printer which are more complicated as expected.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60130 on: June 04, 2020, 09:09:06 am »
The hammer analogy is a bad one (ie. apples and onions comparison), also need to differentiate ratio between design issue or maintenance fail thats caused the non-combat losses.

Why? Both essentially designed to pound something flat or try to reduce it to its component parts i.e. Widlarize. I don't really see the need to go any deeper than "This is a very expensive way to destroy things, and it gets itself destroyed while in the toolbag more often than it manages to destroy something else when deployed".

The original point was "104 kills, 0 combat losses". The counterpoint was 175 non-combat loses. With any other tool people wouldn't say "it's very good at it's job" they'd say "It's junk, it breaks itself more often than it breaks the things it is designed to break". Just because it's a war plane people glamorize it, when viewed as a system or a tool to do a specific job (deny the enemy use of the airspace) it fails expensively more often than it (expensively) finally does its job. From a utilitarian point of view it is an expensive failure; that it is perhaps the best in its class over its whole 44 year history just means that the other tools in this task space are even junkier.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #60131 on: June 04, 2020, 09:12:10 am »
Turned on my computer this morning, checked email, found my mouse had been delivered to my doorstep at 2:50am, courier Bluecare Express.

It wasn't there last night, so the time might well be accurate!
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60132 on: June 04, 2020, 09:22:54 am »
Turned on my computer this morning, checked email, found my mouse had been delivered to my doorstep at 2:50am, courier Bluecare Express.

That just sucks, there is going to a massive amount of claims filed for none delivery of goods if that continues as I'm sure that many items will be taken by doorstep thieves.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60133 on: June 04, 2020, 09:50:11 am »
Yeah it's a shit show at the moment in that respect. Amazon delivered something yesterday and didn't ring the doorbell.

Got a new monitor turning up today from amazon as well and I am wondering if they're just going to dump that and run.

Edit: random rant. Why do all consumer and "business grade" electronics suddenly ship with flakey-ass poorly engineered soldered onto the mainboard USB-C connectors. ?!?!? Such a shitty inadequate design.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:51:58 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #60134 on: June 04, 2020, 09:55:52 am »

That just sucks, there is going to a massive amount of claims filed for none delivery of goods if that continues as I'm sure that many items will be taken by doorstep thieves.

Quite possibly, but given my location and the house's geometry, I'm relatively relaxed.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #60135 on: June 04, 2020, 10:30:44 am »
Dump and run is par for the course here with all the delivery services but at least they put the packages in the enclosed front porch so it's out of view from the street. 
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60136 on: June 04, 2020, 10:35:54 am »
It also helps enormously if they employ drivers who can actually read addresses correctly  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60137 on: June 04, 2020, 10:38:16 am »
Yeah good luck with that. Mine get delivered to another street occasionally.

Just had another amazon delivery for my eldest. The dude threw the package behind the upside recycling box I keep in the porch as a table and knocked lightly on the door, barely audible. Didn't touch the bell ffs.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #60138 on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:41 am »
I guess I can't complain all the delivery services seem to be on the ball except USPS is a little weird. They obviously deliver mail/packages every day. But some days they are here at about 11:30 AM and other days don't show up until after 1:30 PM. You never know from one day to the next.

UPS tends to deliver mid-day. FedEx usually late afternoon. If I'm expecting a package from them I watch the tracking and make sure I'm here so it doesn't sit long on the front porch.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60139 on: June 04, 2020, 11:14:47 am »
Yeah good luck with that. Mine get delivered to another street occasionally.

Just had another amazon delivery for my eldest. The dude threw the package behind the upside recycling box I keep in the porch as a table and knocked lightly on the door, barely audible. Didn't touch the bell ffs.
I get that, the door has an old-fashioned door knocker at high level and doorbell at lock level, do the use the doorbell nah, only the postman does that.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #60140 on: June 04, 2020, 11:17:32 am »

very nice bro!

Not in standby already working with, I just need a case and a Camera to have the full setup.

Currently I'm fighting  with with the setup/calibration of the printer which are more complicated as expected.

Leveling the bat is a chellence, but once done its okey, i use glass/mirror as a base, it sticks very good, no glu needed.
i advice you to print an heattower, to find teh best temprature for your fillemend, i found i needed toprint a lot higher then on the spool was mentioned.
on my youtube channel i have some links about this tower...i made prob. all your mistakes too ;-)

Tony
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #60141 on: June 04, 2020, 11:31:49 am »

Nice one.

I'll get this one in August / September, I hope.

Creality CR-6 SE Leveling-free DIY 3D Printer Kit @ Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001939425/creality-cr-6-se-leveling-free-diy-3d-printer-kit/

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, tonyalbus

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60142 on: June 04, 2020, 11:42:44 am »

very nice bro!

Leveling the bat is a chellence, but once done its okey, i use glass/mirror as a base, it sticks very good, no glu needed.
i advice you to print an heattower, to find teh best temprature for your fillemend, i found i needed toprint a lot higher then on the spool was mentioned.
on my youtube channel i have some links about this tower...i made prob. all your mistakes too ;-)

Tony

Leveling is a nightmare.
Even is the printer is equipped with a sensor, the compensation is not working well or the resolution of the step motors is not high enough.

I will have to do the leveling with a dial gauge ( like I'm doing it with my milling machine) to get better results.
Doing it with a filling gauge is just suboptimal.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #60143 on: June 04, 2020, 11:44:48 am »
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60144 on: June 04, 2020, 11:56:10 am »
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...

I have the CR10S Pro (the max is the same printer just bigger) with all the last improvement including self levelling bed, which is not completely automated.
You need to do the leveling manually  anyway and better it is better is the result.
The self leveling is just a way to do minimum compensation.

ABS is definitively supported.

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #60145 on: June 04, 2020, 11:57:46 am »

Someone on this forum in TEA, told to by a Endor 3...it was out of stock, so i ended-up with an Ender5Pro ,, with silentboard, fullmetal extruder en the capricorn tubing from factory.. ;-)

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #60146 on: June 04, 2020, 12:05:00 pm »

I have the CR10S Pro (the max is the same printer just bigger) with all the last improvement including self levelling bed, which is not completely automated.
You need to do the leveling manually  anyway and better it is better is the result.
The self leveling is just a way to do minimum compensation.

ABS is definitively supported.

Good to know! Well, didn't make sense. Why a fancy heated bed if you can't do ABS with it..

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60147 on: June 04, 2020, 12:13:17 pm »
you can do ABS

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #60148 on: June 04, 2020, 12:22:04 pm »
Almost forgot......

One broken one working... just in today

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, Kosmic

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #60149 on: June 04, 2020, 12:23:05 pm »
the PM2527 is hugh, did not expect that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf