Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14787406 times)

mweymarn, wkb and 206 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: SMtechno SPT-5010A
« Reply #70025 on: September 21, 2020, 02:52:16 am »
Any one have any idea what kind of HV plug type needed for the big white HV terminal ? Is that proprietary ?

Looks like you could fit a banana plug in there  :box:

Even it fits, does ordinary banana rated for 5kV AC ?

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #70026 on: September 21, 2020, 03:25:31 am »
Ok, I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier but I came up with something for the Triplett and redid the family photo.  How about some rock-n-roll from my record collection?

First up is the Universal AVO Meter ...

Nice collections :clap:, I envy you, as I'm still looking to add Triplett and AVO into my family, and its been for so many years of waiting.  :'(

My current Simpsons ...

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #70027 on: September 21, 2020, 03:56:49 am »
To @25 CPS and may be others too that are still not aware of this forum's problem on image attachment and inline embedding, to deal with the bug temporarily, please use the 2nd attachment, skip the 1st one as the forum will screw things up.  :(

There is also another example -> HERE

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #70028 on: September 21, 2020, 04:27:36 am »
Well, the reason THOSE don't work is because Dave disabled the inline attachment add-on a few weeks ago trying to resolve the issue.

In order to post images inline, you have to copy the image URL from the full-size image after clicking the thumbnail, then wrap it with img tags. The button above with a tiny Mona Lisa will generate them for you; then just paste the link in the middle. You can also adjust size with height/width modifiers like so:

This: [ img height=240]https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1071062;image[/img] (it works once you get rid of that pesky space after the first bracket)

Yields this: and sets the image size to a scroll-friendly 240 pixels high.

HTH!

mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a pixel mallet*
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:35:27 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, TorinoFermic

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70030 on: September 21, 2020, 06:51:52 am »
Think I just found the king of all turds  :palm:

Sorry for the crap picture. I can’t find a better one of it.

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70031 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:30 am »
HaHa, looks like someone has driven a stake (screwdriver) through its heart as if it were a vampire  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Wolfgang

• Super Contributor
  • Its great if it finally works !
    • Electronic Projects for Fun
« Reply #70032 on: September 21, 2020, 09:18:09 am »

What the hell is this ? Steampunk for beginners ?

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70033 on: September 21, 2020, 09:22:39 am »
Hmmm... back home in farm country they used trucks like that to collect stray animals and unattended children.  >:D

mnem
"Enter at your own risk. Prosecutors will be violated. Unattended children will be sold as slaves."

In Western Australia, they used "utes" with similar caging as "Black Marias" back in the day, though they did have the decency to have a canvas cover over it.

Now, they are all sophisticated, & use air conditioned vans!

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #70034 on: September 21, 2020, 10:17:02 am »
Holy crap, it's 1 C outside.  :o Very unusual to be that cold this early. Been so cool over the past week that the landlord turned the furnace on so us tenants could have heat. He isn't required by law to provide heat until October 15.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, mnementh

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70035 on: September 21, 2020, 10:54:23 am »
Ok, I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier but I came up with something for the Triplett and redid the family photo.  How about some rock-n-roll from my record collection?

Nice collections :clap:, I envy you, as I'm still looking to add Triplett and AVO into my family, and its been for so many years of waiting.  :'(

My current Simpsons ...

17,576,000!
free range primate

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #70036 on: September 21, 2020, 10:58:46 am »
Holy crap, it's 1 C outside.  :o Very unusual to be that cold this early. Been so cool over the past week that the landlord turned the furnace on so us tenants could have heat. He isn't required by law to provide heat until October 15.

Wanna change?

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70037 on: September 21, 2020, 11:19:47 am »

Welp... got most of the work done on my crusty-ass mower; turns out under all those Ford-Taurus-inspired plastic covers, this is just a old-school valve-in-block 6.5HP Tecumseh. Well hell. Now I know why it's a oil-leaker (admitted by previous owner as the reason he was selling it for $25 Canadian pesos); these old beasts all have a PCV valve that blows out due to phenolic plastic parts breaking down.

Sometimes one gets lucky tho, and it's just a bad gasket under the PCV; hopefully that's the only leak and the lower mainseal isn't gone as well. Oh, and my "fix everything that goes wrong with a weedeater engine" kit just arrived.  :-+

mnem
*currently practicing another nearly-dead art: resurrecting the threads on a rusty shoulder-bolt with a needle file*

Tecumseh went bust quite a few years ago. Good luck getting parts for it.   :-//

Victa in Oz still used them till a couple of years ago-----I'd much rather have a Briggs & Stratton any day!

That said, I haven't had much luck with small engines.
Car engines, be they fours, sixes, vee eights, whatever, I have very few problems with, but mowers, chainsaws & "whipper snippers"-----------aaaarrrrgggghhhh! |O

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70038 on: September 21, 2020, 11:29:18 am »

My current Simpsons ...

17,576,000!
No no, these are Simpsons  >:D :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70039 on: September 21, 2020, 11:32:02 am »
Sounds like you have got yourself a good landlord there then.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70040 on: September 21, 2020, 12:05:46 pm »

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, Saskia

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #70041 on: September 21, 2020, 12:56:14 pm »
Sounds like you have got yourself a good landlord there then.

Yes, I do.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #70042 on: September 21, 2020, 12:59:56 pm »
All the capacitors for the Type 310A have been ordered. Will arrive Wednesday.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139, tonyalbus

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70043 on: September 21, 2020, 01:31:35 pm »
 :wtf: am I doing outside in shorts in 7° weather...?

Loving it! :-DD

mnem
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:29:29 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70044 on: September 21, 2020, 02:14:49 pm »
Think I just found the king of all turds  :palm:      Sorry for the crap picture. I can’t find a better one of it.

Yes please. With a side of     .  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Saskia

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70045 on: September 21, 2020, 02:26:33 pm »

It is always a sad day when you have to give up and fire up the heating for the first time, after the summer.  Very early this year.  Hopefully the warmth will launch a counter-attack.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #70046 on: September 21, 2020, 03:38:12 pm »

It is always a sad day when you have to give up and fire up the heating for the first time, after the summer.  Very early this year.  Hopefully the warmth will launch a counter-attack.

I still have the A/C unit installed in the window. For sure if I take it out now the temp will go back up to 30 C. But it will come out for the season the first week in October.

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70047 on: September 21, 2020, 04:00:04 pm »
Been having a radio service monitor day. In addition to the recently aquired 8920B which has no spectrum analyser fitted,  have a 8924C (huge beast) with the spectrum analyser fitted. This uses the same SA module as the 8920B. I also just traded for a 8922M Opt10 without the multiband converter but with the SA option. This has a slightly dfferent SA module. Testing the 8922 module throws a configuration error but it works OK. So I'm now downloading the configuraion data from all 3 units. I'll then decide if the 8924C or the 8922M will donate a SA module. I may also look to see if I can make the 8922 SA module stop throwing a configuration error in a 8920/24.

The following users thanked this post: 0culus, tonyalbus

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #70048 on: September 21, 2020, 04:39:17 pm »

I still have the A/C unit installed in the window. For sure if I take it out now the temp will go back up to 30 C. But it will come out for the season the first week in October.
High today here in the valley of the sun Scottsdale AZ.

104°
Hi
RealFeel® 107°
RealFeel Shade™ 102°
9/21
An a.m. shower or two; partly sunny, hot; caution advised if outside for extended periods of time

Bill
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70049 on: September 21, 2020, 05:42:22 pm »
Sunny & a Balmy 65° here in the Great White North. :P

mnem
*back to the joys of lawnmower repair*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf