Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14880173 times)

Sariel and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #80850 on: January 27, 2021, 07:21:09 pm »
EFFFFFF me ....

Hubby (still unfit) is bickering about our Ford (like: Wife: fix it  :palm: ) ain't it the man's job to fix stuff and the wife's job to cook ? He should be bringing in the moolah, that I get to spend ...)

seems it's complete role reversal here.

Anyway. Our tiny Ford (Expedition XLT), no battery (cuz it was dead and I lugged it upstairs to put it on the charger). Had to lug the bloody battery back down and throw it in. Motor turns, car starts, birds fall from the sky.
Anyway, not a bird lover, so don't care.
50 m drive. stop. tire flat (so flat that I don't dare driving to the gas station to give it a refill). Seems the clip holding he balancing lead in place is pushing into the tire and makes it go pfffft.

FFS what am I gonna do with that bloody boat anchor ...

Compressor ... where do I get one. Oh, yes, have one in the garage, but  no juice (landlord sez: no juiced garages  :palm: yeah, but they want us to move to fucking electric cars ...)
Can't throw a cable from the balcony. *think*
ok, got 2 large car batteries, need 24V power source, that's doable.
Thank god for that Meanwell thingie that I took off Reichelts hands. 24V-> 220 Inverter
hooked that up. Battery power level warning beep goes off the second I hook up and start the compressor. Don't care. Need that thing up and running, the inverter has auto power off.

Managed to get the tire up to about 2 bar. Enough to limp to the gas station for a full refill (which I did).

Car is back among the living.
And all of that during lunch break.
Eff me.
Hubby asleep. I still have to put in 2 hours.

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ, Brumby, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, cyclin_al

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80851 on: January 27, 2021, 07:22:44 pm »
In other news, the M.2 slot where the XPC Adata SSD blew up, survived. A WD is recognized immediately.

Nice tiny little calculator. i5-8400, 32GB mem, 1660 ti, NVME SSD in an ITX package.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80852 on: January 27, 2021, 07:28:03 pm »
EFFFFFF me ....

Hubby (still unfit) is bickering about our Ford (like: Wife: fix it  :palm: ) ain't it the man's job to fix stuff and the wife's job to cook ? He should be bringing in the moolah, that I get to spend ...)
[...]
Saskia, the Man that can supply your spending has 2 girls half your age - and still half as expensive  >:D

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80853 on: January 27, 2021, 07:36:12 pm »
EFFFFFF me ....

[...]
Saskia, the Man that can supply your spending has 2 girls half your age - and still half as expensive  >:D
I was thinking much same thing myself  :-DD :-DD :-DD
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:38:34 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80854 on: January 27, 2021, 07:38:15 pm »
In other news, the M.2 slot where the XPC Adata SSD blew up, survived. A WD is recognized immediately.

Nice tiny little calculator. i5-8400, 32GB mem, 1660 ti, NVME SSD in an ITX package.

This is quite funny. I was just talking to someone who blew up an Adata NVMe. Starting to think it’s a problem with those drives. I usually blame the guy for it because everything he touches turns to shit but this one might not be on him.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #80855 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:26 pm »
Oh dear oh dear, Saskia will not be pleased with me... I am in the process of buying an old banger (hopefully not literally) of an AUDI.

TT 1.8T Quattro on an X plate (2000), bit scruffy but not bad for a bag of sand, delivered.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80856 on: January 27, 2021, 08:04:38 pm »
Don’t fly it into an tree. That’s what TT drivers usually do  :-DD

Important question: what colour is it?

Edit: got to be honest I nearly bought one once but I decided to get married instead. What a dumbass.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80857 on: January 27, 2021, 08:07:36 pm »
Fortunately it's in the correct colour (silver).

Even has the nice option 5-spoke alloys. Those 6-spokes were dismal.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80858 on: January 27, 2021, 08:08:51 pm »
Ok that’s good news. If it was a white one you’d be in a casket by the Wednesday after you bought it.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80859 on: January 27, 2021, 08:12:46 pm »
Funnily enough I did have a string of white cars...

In TE news I restrained myself from bidding on a marginally (at best) useful RS process calibrator. The seller seems to have a metric tonne of RS stuff, all listed as parts only.
My guess is he works at an RS warehouse and "liberates" certain returns.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80860 on: January 27, 2021, 08:25:39 pm »
Oh dear oh dear, Saskia will not be pleased with me... I am in the process of buying an old banger (hopefully not literally) of an AUDI.

TT 1.8T Quattro on an X plate (2000), bit scruffy but not bad for a bag of sand, delivered.

Mid life crisis?  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80861 on: January 27, 2021, 08:30:53 pm »

Not really, I've had sports cars before.
I'm more in the process of ticking cars off the bucket list at the moment. This will be kept for 6 months or so before going back on the Autoshite forum for sale. Next will be an Alfa 156, or possibly 147.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #80862 on: January 27, 2021, 08:41:08 pm »

I've totalled 2 white Volvo estate cars, one 745 and one 945. Bad luck there. The baby blue V70 has -- so far -- lasted more than 200000 km / 125000 miles in our care, and I bought it with 174000km / 108750 miles on the meter.  We have a spare white V70, which we've driven perhaps 1000 km, and not totalled.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80863 on: January 27, 2021, 08:46:51 pm »

In TE news I restrained myself from bidding on a marginally (at best) useful RS process calibrator. The seller seems to have a metric tonne of RS stuff, all listed as parts only.
My guess is he works at an RS warehouse and "liberates" certain returns.

That process calibrator sounds more like an old obsolete product as RS don't do their own brand ones any more. You could do a lot worse than grab one of these beasties which is what I'm using to calibrate / test my meters since my AD584-M died recently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MASTECH-MS7221-Voltage-Current-Calibrator/dp/B0094CLH4I/ref=sr_1_187?dchild=1&keywords=process+calibrator.&qid=1611779897&sr=8-187
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80864 on: January 27, 2021, 09:04:03 pm »
Next will be an Alfa 156, or possibly 147.

Along with a bargain bucket of JenoliteTM...
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #80865 on: January 27, 2021, 09:52:33 pm »
I'd totes drive a first-gen TT myself... they look like somebody took a reissue Beetle and stretched it out into a Porsche.  :-DD

Ok that’s good news. If it was a white one you’d be in a casket by the Wednesday after you bought it.

I've never had a red vehicle that wasn't a lemon, or destroyed multiple times by other shitty drivers. The only one that wasn't was a red/white rustbucket '84 F-150 extended-cab I bought for $300 off a dealer's side lot just to get a boat I had down south to sell. Sounded like a Detroit diesel for 30 seconds every time you'd start it; but it was a 300 L-6 with C6 AT, so I knew it'd run like that till Armageddon.

After I sold the boat for a tidy $2000 profit, that truck became my daily beater for almost 4 years, until I gave it away when I moved to Tejas.

My mother told me that was because it was a white truck, trying to get out from under the red paint.  :-DD

Then there's mom-in-law, whose curse with white cars became local legend...

After loss of white cars from accident, theft, and fire, she finally stopped buying white cars when her last one, a 2-year-old 2010 Taurus that looked showroom mint, was totaled 2 weeks after she bought it by a drunk driver with no insurance. It was parked at her apartment complex, inside a steel-pike security fence, and the drunktard literally went airborne off the road behind the complex and landed on her car. Of course he staggered off and was never seen again.

Mom-in-law was $8,000 upside down on the loan even after insurance due to that crash; insurance covered only the value of the car, not the previous car they paid off to get the sale. :palm:

I bought her a eggplant purple Saturn (because it was too cheap, low miles and a Saturn) which she drove for 6 years before trading it in on a Frod Fuckus... but at least it was bloo.

mnem
 :o
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:12:43 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80866 on: January 27, 2021, 10:03:25 pm »
thinking about flipping a car and a bike. anyone interested in an X150 type XKR which is utterly underpowered ?

Also have some milwaukee iron (they have not invented steel over there ...)

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #80867 on: January 27, 2021, 10:33:13 pm »
Today arrival, no known affiliations with a well-known TEA fellow ...

8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:31:25 pm by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: capt bullshot, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #80868 on: January 27, 2021, 10:34:45 pm »
no known affiliations with a well-know TEA fellow ...

Hmmmm......

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80869 on: January 27, 2021, 10:35:32 pm »
Today arrival, no known affiliations with a well-know TEA fellow ...

8)

Seen enough of them to give me nightmares this week. Hide them please  :scared: :-DD

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, med6753, cyclin_al

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #80870 on: January 27, 2021, 10:44:58 pm »
FFS what am I gonna do with that bloody boat anchor ...

500g of C3H6N6O6 should do the job.

;D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #80871 on: January 27, 2021, 11:44:24 pm »

How about this Alfa?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80872 on: January 28, 2021, 12:24:54 am »

Not really, I've had sports cars before.
I'm more in the process of ticking cars off the bucket list at the moment. This will be kept for 6 months or so before going back on the Autoshite forum for sale. Next will be an Alfa 156, or possibly 147.

With an Alfa you'll always be late turning up, or you'll not turn up anywhere because you'll always be breaking down.  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80873 on: January 28, 2021, 01:18:42 am »
Frau Blücher, aka Cloris Leachman has died, age 94.

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, bd139

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80874 on: January 28, 2021, 02:39:26 am »

How about this Alfa?

Meh. Uggly. Giulia Super, Sprint 2006, or a GTV. Forget the rest.Ok, Montreal would be fine, too.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:41:57 am by Neomys Sapiens »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf