Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14790464 times)

ArtFromNY and 93 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #96100 on: July 31, 2021, 11:34:14 pm »
Tomorrow's headline: France and England at war over crepes and pancakes. Chunnel closed.  :P :P :P :-DD :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, cyclin_al

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #96101 on: July 31, 2021, 11:39:53 pm »
.223/5.56 mm  I won't mention what we are building as to not offend anyone.  When it is done, I will PM with pics and an explanation of parts used if interested.
Nice. My main tool is one of those, a suppressed Rem Model 7. Only bolt actions permitted here.
Cop and an Army chap used our range today to check a 7mm08 was OK before a hunting trip and another mate and NZ Police Arms officer comes in the morning to sight in his bolt action Grendel.
Someone is always visiting to scratch that itch on their forefinger here.  ;)
[/quote]

NICE on owning a suppressor.  They are legal here in 42 states and you can even hunt with them here in Florida but are an assache to own.  They are expensive, you have to get a $200 tax stamp per suppressor, submit to a federal background check and fingerprinting and then, comes the interminable wait. 

On the flip side, you can buy 80% finished "raw" lowers for a specific type of rifle that I am building and handguns that need some drilling and milling and they are not serialized, aka ghost guns that are perfectly legal to buy/build/own for now but they can't be sold because they aren't serialized.  Here it is the lower receiver with the fire control group that is considered the "firearm" not the part with the firing pin and the barrel.  Our gun laws can be such an assache.

My son put his lower receiver on my upper and we are going to an outdoor range tomorrow to pull triggers together, which I love doing with him.  I wish I had enough coin of the realm to own enough acreage to be able to build my own range.  In the county I live in, I believe you have to have at least 15 acres to be able to do so and I have fifth of an acre.  Mrs GreyWoolfe says Friday I can order all the pieces/parts as my overtime for this pay period will cover the cost.

To generally comment on the food fight, yes I have eaten and love frog's legs and escargot.  I have never had an Englishman's breakfast and now with the food lifestyle we have adopted, won't ever get a chance but at one time, I would have loved to try it.  Nmem, I have something here for your preserves.  We have a friend that has taken up beekeeping and the honey his bees produce is unlike anything I have ever had.  I have only tasted it once as it trashes my blood sugar but it is truly amazing.  Fresh preserves and honey is truly a taste all its own.  My typical bf is more pedestrian, 2 pasture raised eggs over easy, a cup of either rolled oats or oat bran, a couple of plant based bf sausage and a banana, topped off with an iced coffee with almond milk.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96102 on: July 31, 2021, 11:41:46 pm »
I always thought that crepes and pancakes were essentially the same thing and can be eaten with either a savoury or sweet topping, no?

They are, the French just like to give 'em a fancy name and charge you twice as much for them.  :P

Eh ?! GRRR !!!

If you come across a restaurant here trying to sell you pancakes and calling them "crêpes" in the menu card... you are well entitled to report them to the appropriate authorities ! I don't know how it's called in the UK... " DGCCRF" over here...  They protect consumers against crooked restaurants and any company selling stuff to consumers in general... they mean well but are massively understaffed so in practice 99,9% of the scumbags restaurants screw you and have not much to fear... at worst they might get a slap on the wrist and will promise they will improve.. yeah right....  :scared:
According to recipes, the differences between them is that pancakes have baking powder added into the mix and the pancakes tend to be a bit thicker than crepes when cooked, but of course, the actual thickness of both, really depends on the amount of mixture placed in the pan and how quickly it is dispersed around the pan, otherwise I see zero difference between the pair of them. Its a bit like Cornish pasties, technically I think for a Cornish pastie to so called, it has to be made in Cornwell, otherwise it is just a pastie.  :-//
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96103 on: July 31, 2021, 11:55:47 pm »
Tomorrow's headline: France and England at war over crepes and pancakes. Chunnel closed.  :P :P :P :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: med6753, Specmaster

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #96104 on: August 01, 2021, 12:13:24 am »

I am 43 and I have yet to see with my own eyes someone here eating frog legs or escargots....

I've tried escargots once, in Thionville of all places. Mostly a carrier for garlic. I'd imagine that living my the sea, you'd have some better seafood to compensate.

Winkles, of course. Whelks allegedly.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96105 on: August 01, 2021, 12:17:36 am »
I always thought that crepes and pancakes were essentially the same thing and can be eaten with either a savoury or sweet topping, no?

Other than being flat and round things, no I don't see the commonality between the two ?!  :-//
Crêpes are paper thin and much larger in diameter, like  a foot.

You're thinking of the pancakes you buy from the supermarket, go and buy a proper pancake pan, you will of course notice that they typically come from 22cm to 26cm, but however if you buy a crepe pan, they typically 22cm to 26cm so that can only mean one thing, they are the same size, so that means also that Cerebus was correct as well, that you French just like fancy names so you can charge twice as much for them  :-DD :-DD

I think the poor lad's confused and thinks a pancake is what the 'merkins call a pancake, which is of course properly called a "drop scone" and only eaten in mainland Britain to the north of Hadrian's wall.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #96106 on: August 01, 2021, 12:19:23 am »
According to recipes, the differences between them is that pancakes have baking powder added into the mix and the pancakes tend to be a bit thicker than crepes when cooked, but of course, the actual thickness of both, really depends on the amount of mixture placed in the pan and how quickly it is dispersed around the pan, otherwise I see zero difference between the pair of them. Its a bit like Cornish pasties, technically I think for a Cornish pastie to so called, it has to be made in Cornwell, otherwise it is just a pastie.  :-//

There's a left/right pondian thing here, as with "pants".

I grew up with pancakes being thin and flat, just like crepes. In Canada pancakes are thick, lens shaped and absorbant (classically of maple juice).

"My" pancakes are quick and simple and versatile. I used to make them for my daughter's breakfast, and fill them with whatever came to hand; a 28cm pancake typically ended up as a 4cm diameter roll. Delicious, filling, nutritious, fast. What's not to like.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96107 on: August 01, 2021, 12:27:25 am »
According to recipes, the differences between them is that pancakes have baking powder added into the mix

Oh lordy no! It would ruin them. Baking powder in the 'recipe*' is strictly amateur hour. Flour, eggs, milk and nothing else.

and the pancakes tend to be a bit thicker than crepes when cooked,

Not if you've got a good pan and a good wrist action. Pan best seasoned with a little bit of lard before starting that you wipe off before cooking the first pancake and feeding it to the dog (because the 1st pancake never comes out right).

* If you can call three ingredients mixed by eye a 'recipe'. Anyone who needs a written recipe for pancakes needs to take up something other than cooking, if only for the sake of their victims.

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96108 on: August 01, 2021, 12:27:32 am »
You're thinking of the pancakes you buy from the supermarket, go and buy a proper pancake pan

OK, fair enough... I was a pennyless student so I admit I never went to a restaurant, only source of food was the super market.

My two years at Uni I had a Tesco nearby and it was open up to very late IIRC, so was practical.
The third/sandwich year I spent in Saint-Ives near Cambridge. They had a "Waitrose" supermarket there IIRC. Looked kinda targeted posh upper-middle class populations, so they played the "French card" at full. Not posh myself, but I used to go there because they imported French food so it helped me survive with food I actually knew and liked. I remember buying "Roquefort" cheese there, exact same portion I would buy in France but... 3 times the price IIRC ! Yes, 3 times... I did calculate at the time because I just could not believe it...
I had a good lough when I looked at all the bread they sold. all sorts of weird shapes, and all bearing a different French name.. which made absolutely no sense but I guess it must have sounded "cool" to the average customer there ?!  :-//
Anyway had a laugh at one of them, which they called "Le gros Paysan" !!!  :-DD
In French it's an strong insult ! Basically means caveman, rude, uneducated, narrow minded, stupid.... a mix of all that all at once..

Quote from: Specmaster
you will of course notice that they typically come from 22cm to 26cm

Ah OK ! Much bigger than the super market ones indeed ! I take note...

but however if you buy a crepe pan, they typically 22cm to 26cm so that can only mean one thing, they are the same size, so that means also that Cerebus was correct as well, that you French just like fancy names so you can charge twice as much for them  :-DD :-DD

HMMM... NO AGAIN !!!

OK, so looks like there is some marketing bullcrap going on in the UK with these pans, I understand ! However, a crêpe pan is much larger than this !

A 26cm crêpe sounds ridiculous... a 22cm one, never mind !

See below, I just looked at my crêpe pan... it's about 33,5 cm !   :box:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 12:33:30 am by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96109 on: August 01, 2021, 12:32:39 am »
Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, that was fun and educational !  ;D

Mansaxel travels a lot it appears.. so less biased !  :-//

Anyway, it's 2H30 AM here, eyes are closing, gonna get some sleep... have fun...

BD being here means I guess he was unsuccessful at the pub....

:=\

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96110 on: August 01, 2021, 12:49:07 am »
According to recipes, the differences between them is that pancakes have baking powder added into the mix

Oh lordy no! It would ruin them. Baking powder in the 'recipe*' is strictly amateur hour. Flour, eggs, milk and nothing else.

Flour, eggs, milk and nothing else is how Mrs Specmaster makes them
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96111 on: August 01, 2021, 12:52:56 am »
You're thinking of the pancakes you buy from the supermarket, go and buy a proper pancake pan

OK, fair enough... I was a pennyless student so I admit I never went to a restaurant, only source of food was the super market.

My two years at Uni I had a Tesco nearby and it was open up to very late IIRC, so was practical.
The third/sandwich year I spent in Saint-Ives near Cambridge. They had a "Waitrose" supermarket there IIRC. Looked kinda targeted posh upper-middle class populations, so they played the "French card" at full. Not posh myself, but I used to go there because they imported French food so it helped me survive with food I actually knew and liked. I remember buying "Roquefort" cheese there, exact same portion I would buy in France but... 3 times the price IIRC ! Yes, 3 times... I did calculate at the time because I just could not believe it...
I had a good lough when I looked at all the bread they sold. all sorts of weird shapes, and all bearing a different French name.. which made absolutely no sense but I guess it must have sounded "cool" to the average customer there ?!  :-//
Anyway had a laugh at one of them, which they called "Le gros Paysan" !!!  :-DD
In French it's an strong insult ! Basically means caveman, rude, uneducated, narrow minded, stupid.... a mix of all that all at once..

you will of course notice that they typically come from 22cm to 26cm

Ah OK ! Much bigger than the super market ones indeed ! I take note...

but however if you buy a crepe pan, they typically 22cm to 26cm so that can only mean one thing, they are the same size, so that means also that Cerebus was correct as well, that you French just like fancy names so you can charge twice as much for them  :-DD :-DD

HMMM... NO AGAIN !!!

OK, so looks like there is some marketing bullcrap going on in the UK with these pans, I understand ! However, a crêpe pan is much larger than this !

A 26cm crêpe sounds ridiculous... a 22cm one, never mind !

See below, I just looked at my crêpe pan... it's about 33,5 cm !   :box:

Source of my answers was Amazon, same response for pancake or crepe and the average was between 22 and 26cm, there were some at 31cm and some novelty ones for kids that were far smaller.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96112 on: August 01, 2021, 12:57:58 am »
Source of my answers was Amazon, same response for pancake or crepe and the average was between 22 and 26cm, there were some at 31cm and some novelty ones for kids that were far smaller.

I don't live on Amazon !  :-DD

See picture above: 33,5, not 31 or 26 or 22.

Joke aside, honnestly if I was handed a 22 or 26cm crêpe I would probably say thank you for the free sample but can I please now have the full size one I paid for ?!  :-DD

...and I said I was going to bed...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 01:01:10 am by Vince »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #96113 on: August 01, 2021, 01:08:28 am »

.223/5.56 mm  I won't mention what we are building as to not offend anyone.  When it is done, I will PM with pics and an explanation of parts used if interested.
Nice. My main tool is one of those, a suppressed Rem Model 7. Only bolt actions permitted here.
Cop and an Army chap used our range today to check a 7mm08 was OK before a hunting trip and another mate and NZ Police Arms officer comes in the morning to sight in his bolt action Grendel.
Someone is always visiting to scratch that itch on their forefinger here.  ;)
NICE on owning a suppressor.  They are legal here in 42 states and you can even hunt with them here in Florida but are an assache to own.  They are expensive, you have to get a $200 tax stamp per suppressor, submit to a federal background check and fingerprinting and then, comes the interminable wait. 
Which is bureaucratic BS if you really think about it.....something few law makers are incapable of !  :horse:

Especially in a gun culture like the US where despite anything else hearing protection gained from suppressor use should be seen as a benefit.
Of the 4 rifles used here today all sported cans and were hunting rifles for deer.
AFAIK there is no taxes on cans in NZ other than our GST.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96114 on: August 01, 2021, 01:11:48 am »
 :wtf:

Just received that e-mail ! I won something ! Second time in my life that I win something :-DD last time was 33 years ago when I was 10, a flight in a helicopter !   8)

I guess I will stick with Kicad for my future projects then, they like me there !   ;D

Either that, or I was the only new user in July so I could only win...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 01:13:25 am by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, tonyalbus

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #96115 on: August 01, 2021, 01:50:08 am »
As I whip up the eggs for "French Toast/Eggy Bread/Pain Perdu" for Lunch here, there is only one 'correct' method to make it and that is my way, yes it will involve butter in the pan and eggs from a chook from yesterdays lay and a good fat slabs of crusty bread  ;)

And Lets discuss the topic of Bacon Fat hardening arteries coming from a French man whos cuisine tends in a lot of cases to be clogged with butter while we are at it .....  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96116 on: August 01, 2021, 02:56:25 am »
And Lets discuss the topic of Bacon Fat hardening arteries coming from a French man whos cuisine tends in a lot of cases to be clogged with butter while we are at it .....  :-DD

Now, the French don't all put butter in everything, the Lyonnaise use lard instead!  :)

The whole thing about fat per se, and saturated fat especially, being bad for you was proved wrong quite some time back. The whole 'fat is bad' thing was all initially whipped up from one epidemiological study and one of the ironies of that was that the French didn't fit - they ate more fat than everybody else and suffered less cardiovascular disease. It was known as the French Paradox.  Rather than all the people who were invested in the 'fat is bad for you' hypothesis saying, like good little scientists should, "The data doesn't support the hypothesis therefore the hypothesis is wrong" instead they went off hunting for all sorts of spurious reasons why the French didn't fit the model (and failed comprehensively to find any).

Eventually someone went and did a Cochrane study of all the papers from the 'fat is bad' camp written in the wake of the major epidemiological study and came to the conclusion "This whole body of work is bollocks", only they put it more 'scientifically' using phrases like 'methodologically flawed', 'statistically insignificant' and the like. The message that all this crap had been invalidated has not got through to most doctors or most dietitians, so you will still hear the 'fat is bad' line being trotted out by professionals who should know better. The general public, who read the Daily Fascist Mail, watch "Good Morning", or the local equivalents of the aforementioned can be forgiven, sort of, but any medical professional still touting the 'fat is bad for you' line should be shot. Those who have moved on any alternative, also unsupported, scaremongering that "Common <macronutrient X> or <common food ingredient Y> is bad for you" should have the courage of their convictions, admit that they just think food is bad for you and should stop eating themselves.

I get a bit tired of this process of conducting mass medical experiments on the whole population by every 10 or 15 years scaring people into omitting some major food ingredient by popularising half-baked theories with no science behind them and in some cases (e.g. sugar) forcing the whole population into using substitutes (e.g. artificial and pseudo-natural sweeteners) that haven't had the 100,000+ years in vivo testing that the banned/shamed substance has had. In my lifetime we've had carbohydrates, fat, salt, sugar, and carbohydrates again. I'm just waiting for protein to be named and shamed by the 'medical' community.

The mass medical experiments have not worked, not one of the campaigns to reduce people's intake of bad food ingredient du jour have improved the population's health one jot. People still get fat, people still have cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. My father's generation loaded themselves up with fat, salt, alcohol and sugar and were no more or less healthy than this generation - they were however slimmer probably because many of them worked up a sweat in their jobs and, as my father would love to tell you "'ad to walk to school in all weathers, rain or shine, five mile or more, up 'ill, down dale..." (continued page 97)

Before anybody says "Yes, but everybody knows X is bad for you" ask yourself where you got that information and what supporting evidence you have for it. "Everybody knows" is not science, it's not even evidence. Neither is "I heard it from Cissy next door, who heard it from her sister, who's Doctor told her...".

Cissy and Ada:

In light of the above, regarding the subject incompetence of trained medical staff not the conversational habits of Cissy and Ada, ponder on the fact after cancer and  cardiovascular disease, 'iatrogenic causes' is the third largest cause of death in the US (Source: Journal of the American Medical Association).

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #96117 on: August 01, 2021, 03:04:54 am »
Grandad of my 2 that lived the longest wouldn't buy a steak unless it had a good layer of fat along the edge yet when cooked he carefully trimmed said fat off.......................and ate it first !
89 is not a bad innings.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #96118 on: August 01, 2021, 03:23:32 am »
A steak is tasteless unless it has a good layer of fat. I eat it too.  :-+

I take some issue that carbs aren't a problem. They are for me and I don't need any scientific studies to prove it. There is a direct and unmistakable correlation between amount consumed and whether my blood sugar is within safe levels or out of control.

I think the biggest contributor to winding up with the mentioned conditions that, at least here in the USA, we eat too fucking much and most of what we eat is processed foods. Most people need to put the fork down and step away from the table and go take a walk. We have become a nation of fat wallowing cows. And not just a little fat....freaking obese. Take a look at a picture of a typical crowd in say, the 1950's and then compare it with a typical crowd today. The difference is sad, and gross.  ::)   

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96119 on: August 01, 2021, 03:25:55 am »
Got to burn what goes in or it stockpiles for sure  ;)

Speaking of which my locked down size posterior needs to get some more bike seat time seems how it is sort of sunny, that way I can have even less guilt about tomorrows deep fried chicken sitting in the marinade  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #96120 on: August 01, 2021, 03:42:54 am »
Nearly all our lockdown restrictions were lifted weeks ago but with this delta variant rearing it's ugly head I fully expect a new lockdown. Now that my medical issues are pretty much taken care of I scheduled my first shot for Monday morning. I'll be sure to wear my "I hate people" t-shirt when I go.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, beanflying, Kosmic, cyclin_al

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #96121 on: August 01, 2021, 04:23:51 am »

Other than being flat and round things, no I don't see the commonality between the two ?!  :-//
Crêpes are paper thin and much larger in diameter, like  a foot.

You're thinking of the pancakes you buy from the supermarket, go and buy a proper pancake pan, you will of course notice that they typically come from 22cm to 26cm, but however if you buy a crepe pan, they typically 22cm to 26cm so that can only mean one thing, they are the same size, so that means also that Cerebus was correct as well, that you French just like fancy names so you can charge twice as much for them  :-DD :-DD

Oh, gewd laird... This is still going on?

No, crepes are very different in taste and texture. Like the difference between a cake donut and a proper egg batter kruller, or between a sourdough biscuit muffin and a croissant. Crepes are not supposed to rise like what we over here call a pancake (light and fluffy is actually a selling point over here), so little or no leavening is needed. They have a lot more egg in them; that's how you get the crisp, lacey edges.

You can make passable crepe with Bisquick; double up the milk and eggs and cook over med-high heat instead of med-low heat as for pancakes. They cook quick enough they don't have time to rise.

I like to mix sweet and savory fillings; ham or bacon and cheese with pie fillings or jams. Or sometimes, make a multiple course meal for breakfast or lunch with savory followed by sweet or vice-versa. My mom used to love crepe sprinkled with powdered sugar and too much whipped cream; that never really did it for me.  :-//

mnem
 :popcorn:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:39:43 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #96122 on: August 01, 2021, 05:10:26 am »
If I really wanted to attack... there would be a much easier target ..... The MARMITE !!!   Just the smell of it had me puke ! Seeing people actually not only EATING the stuff,  but even seemingly highly ENJOYING IT..... has me baffled !! :scared:

Yeah.  I tried Marmite once .... bleeeaaaggghhh.

Do it right - go for the Vegemite!!   :-+

(No, they are NOT the same thing - not by a long chalk!)

Nothing at all wrong with Marmite, it's lovely really, trust me, just not at breakfast though.

Time of day has nothing to do with it.  To me, Marmite just tastes "off" once you've had Vegemite.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, wolfy007, beanflying

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96123 on: August 01, 2021, 05:27:34 am »

I am 43 and I have yet to see with my own eyes someone here eating frog legs or escargots....

I've tried escargots once, in Thionville of all places. Mostly a carrier for garlic. I'd imagine that living my the sea, you'd have some better seafood to compensate. At least in Denmark, the place to eat sole and similar is in the fishing towns on the west coast. They're enormous and impeccable. Sweden is similar -- the best seafood is to be found on the western coast.
Of course it is on the west coast. We feed the things that they pull from the Baltic only to the East Germans. But stop please, you make me want to go back to Cornwall. Or the place with the big horn. Or somewhere between those two and on the sea.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96124 on: August 01, 2021, 06:25:57 am »
Nearly all our lockdown restrictions were lifted weeks ago but with this delta variant rearing it's ugly head I fully expect a new lockdown. Now that my medical issues are pretty much taken care of I scheduled my first shot for Monday morning. I'll be sure to wear my "I hate people" t-shirt when I go.  :-DD

Waiting for a call to get my first jab.

Part of our issue in Oz is we are way behind some parts of the world for Vaccination rates, partly we ordered late (and the federal farce cocked up a bit  :horse: ) and partly we likely as a population saw our risks as lower due to low numbers in the community. Apart from the small number of morons (every country has some) the bulk of us are doing the right thing with some expected grumbling but overall way less  :bullshit: than most.

But enter Delta and back into lockdown (state by state as needed) to keep it at low numbers until we get more of us jabbed.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf