Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14909065 times)

dazz1, djadeski, K0ELB and 261 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #102075 on: September 17, 2021, 09:17:16 am »
As I said, Clive Sinclair left a significant technological legacy, one way or another.

Who knows which path Chris Curry would have taken with his life if he hadn't worked with Sinclair? We can't know. What we do know is he left to found Acorn from which the mighty oak of ARM grew.

I'm sure some of you have heard of "computer games". There is a rather popular one called "Grand Theft Auto". The ZX Spectrum is what one of the founders of DMA Design (now Rockstar North, and the creator of that game series) cut his teeth on. The ZX series gave computer access to the working class, something other contemporaries reserved for the middle classes due to the cost of entry to the club.

I'm happy to raise a glass to his memory and thank him for his contribution to the world.

100% agree, we will never truly know just how much of the tech we take for granted today owes its existence to him. I have met the man, and he was a very likeable fellow, and it was his mission to make his equipment available to those who could not afford the kind of prices others were charging, and he achieved a lot of firsts in his time. If anyone can be bothered to read up about him, they might form a different view of the man, I personally admire his courage.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102076 on: September 17, 2021, 09:27:24 am »
As I said, Clive Sinclair left a significant technological legacy, one way or another.

In a way, his ZX series did for computing what those cheap Russian Zenit SLR cameras did for photography in the UK. Yes, both had their drawbacks and there were far better alternatives but without them a lot of people would never have bothered.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:33:00 am by Neper »
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, AVGresponding

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #102077 on: September 17, 2021, 12:27:29 pm »
I've bought 50 NOS Tesla MAA723 for 50 Cent/piece.
I'd sell 40 30 of them for 50 Cent/piece plus shipping.

Please let me know if you want some.

Edit:
10 reserved for AVGresponding

Today arrival:

@AVGresponding:
Will prepare shipping to you this evening and bring it tomorrow morning to the post office (DHL).
Will send you then the total costs and tracking ID.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, AVGresponding

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102078 on: September 17, 2021, 12:57:26 pm »
So we didn't have to run back & forth from the control room, one of the "clever chaps" made up a box with two large key switches, which could be plugged into one of the GPOs conveniently mounted on pillars throughout the building.

I want to know how you got the whole of the General Post Office onto a pillar. I mean, that's going to be 10s of 1000s of people!

Or put differently - GPO is not a universal abbreviation and I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Abbreviations for bits of electrical kit do not, in general, travel well. e,g, UK abbreviations RCD, RCBO, ELCB.

But everybody else worked it out!

OK, for not you, who is indulging in some gentle "piss taking", but for anyone who is genuinely confused, it is a "General Purpose Outlet".

No, I really couldn't figure it out. There's a reason that the convention in writing is that the first time you use an abbreviation in something you define it unless it is so universal that you are sure it will be understood by all. In a context of cross-borders and "what electricians call things" 'understood by all' is quite a high barrier. The first time I heard a sparky refer to a 'GLS' lamp I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they meant.

Sorry, I usually do define it, but I guess I thought that it would be familiar from the previous times I used it.
After I posted it, I did think, "maybe I should have defined that!', but was too lazy to go back & edit it.

OK, I'll bite,----what is a GLS lamp?

It is not as confusing as "plug tops", the very common term "jack plugs", or many others.
For instance, whenever I hear "AVR" I think of large motorised power transformers, & USB translates to "Upper Side Band!"

An interesting sidelight on "GPO" & Post offices:

In Oz, back in the day, the organisation was the "Postmaster General's Dept " & a "GPO" was the main Post Office in  each State capital, which was generally, a very imposing building.
"Australia Post" still use the term "GPO" for their headquarters in each State, but it is pretty much a "virtual" thing, the buildings themselves having been sold off to the ever salivating "Private Sector!"
[/quote]

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102079 on: September 17, 2021, 01:15:06 pm »
Some of you guys mentioned the Sinclair C5.  Right now this is what’s just down from the top of the Toronto Star’s front page and the C5 came to mind right away when I saw the picture there.  It looks like one of the local auto parts magnates is getting ready to try out the same concept all over again:

I can understand the logic but I still don’t see it taking off now, just as it didn’t then.

Yea, right. Canadian winters and snow. Gonna work just fine.  |O ;D

But think of the potential entertainment value that'll have!

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102080 on: September 17, 2021, 01:29:48 pm »
Hooo Boy, I snipped a big one this time (35kg/77lbs) and it's a Fluke! Please remember me to never set auction listing scheduled to end a midnight on a holiday.

Missing pictures from previous post

The 2 optocouplers on the DAC board.

So I went all out and decided to replace All the optocouplers and the NAND gates (U30, U32 and U38).

<SNIPPED>

Are the two opto couplers different part numbers in the original design?

Yes, U32 is a HCPL-2630 and U38 ILCT-6-254 (Obsolete, replaced with MCT6).

While some may "complain" that to have not isentifie the faulty part, remember it may well have been parameter tolerance or drift on both the gate and opto causing the issue. Individually they may meet spec. I would not disturb that PCB an extra two times. It triples the chance of damging something or making a mistake.

Yes I was planning to leave the 5101b alone. I checked the psu and closed everything. Currently cooking for a while to see if something else in there want to die. Also, logging the output at 10V to monitor stability.

For the old optocoupler and NAND gate I was planning just to test them on a breadboard. One of them is probably out of specs. My money is on the NAND gate.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 01:50:01 pm by Kosmic »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102081 on: September 17, 2021, 01:43:50 pm »
OK, I'll bite,----what is a GLS lamp?

"General Lighting Service" meaning just the good old fashioned glass lamp with a bayonet connector or edison screw that you'd find in 95% of light fittings in the UK. It's one of those trade terms that's used by elec-chickens and trade counters/wholesalers but not by the general public. A name that I suspect occupies the same ecological niche as your "GPO", as in I guess that the average Aussie/Kiwi householder doesn't say "GPO" just like they don't say "GLS lamp" in this neck of the woods.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102082 on: September 17, 2021, 01:52:49 pm »
Besides, everyone needs a break once in a while from our TEA and exploring things warm and soft is infinitely more interesting.  :P :-DD

For a moment I thought it was Dwagon writing, you surprised me !  :-DD

The dwagon and med6753 do have more in common than one might think.  >:D  :-DD

I don't know whether to take that as a insult or compliment...   :-DD

mnem
"I'm only a asshole on Thursdays. Rest of the time I'm a whole ass." ~me, immediately after the line-dancing incident

Ditto.  :-// ;D

Just five words: The dwagon licks papa smurf.

8)  >:D

Let me know if you need a picture to illustrate this.  :-DD

Does the Dwagon have a raspy tongue like a cow? ;D

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102083 on: September 17, 2021, 02:06:04 pm »
Stumbled across this. Interesting removal technique for pots.

Oh that’s glorious. Thanks for posting  :-+

No TE time this week  >:(

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102084 on: September 17, 2021, 02:11:38 pm »
Another humble Agilent multimeter and some accessories, actually this one has a real schematic available as well:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hp-agilent-e1411b-5-1-2-d-multimeter-vxi-e1442a-e1345-66241/1808959588-168-3477

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, ch_scr, cyclin_al

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102085 on: September 17, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »

Yep, thats so true, I always found it a little unnerving every time I had visit a couple of our Atomic Weapons Establishments  :phew:
The firearms or the radiation ?
Radiation would bother me more.  :scared:

The firearms I imagine. The Civil Nuclear Constabulary (better known as the Nuclear Police) were the only regularly armed police in the UK until the Met decided to go for the "armed bully boys with shaved heads" look on a regular basis.
Yeah well I just don't get how some can be not scared of electricity yet they are of firearms.  :-//
Arse about IMHO.

Well, the express purpose of firearms is to kill, either for hunting or warfare. That folks like you and me use them as long distance paper punches as a form of peaceful sport has itself evolved from the need to train people to use them in warfare. The British government used to promote target shooting as a sport to have a ready supply of proficient rifleman handy in case of hostilities. Everybody is aware that a firearm is a weapon, and a weapon that one is unlikely to defend oneself from without having one oneself and being proficient in its use. One has an innate understanding that a firearm is more dangerous than a fist, rock, stick, knife or sword.

You have to put this into a context.
You do.
Despite your well written piece with some of it now snipped, to us your view and that of many more including legislating Gubbermints to far to simplistic and to a large degree influenced by all the bad press about firearms and what some nutters get up to with them.

To us they are just tools, nothing more nothing less and like with any tool some of them will give a bad result if used incorrectly.
They let us solve problems in a safe and efficient manner such as the dispatch of some poor injured beast when use of a knife or spear would be dangerous and inhumane.
Dealing with large critters takes somewhat more than a pea shooter such as mercy dispatch of stranded whales where only the larger bores able to be used by man can do such tasks efficiently.
A very good friend wrote a white paper on such dealings decades ago which is still the reference document in use here today.

Such are the decades of bad press we have set up a quite nice private facility where we and invited guests can scratch our itchy forefingers and polish our abilities and expose the community to safe and controlled use of tools used in all manner of legitimate sporting pursuits.
It truly saddens us that firearms get such a bad wrap .............

I'm a little disappointed that you snipped the context, which describes exactly why people like specmaster, faced with a firearm, get all antsy. In the context of where you are, in farming, a shotgun leaning in the corner is normal. If Farmer Giles is also a decent shot (rare) perhaps also a small bore rifle for pest control/rabbit stew and a full bore rifle if there's deer to be managed (In the UK it is illegal to hunt deer or use firearms to euthanise them unless you are using ammunition of a adequately large calibre and power to ensure a clean humane kill) .

I'll bet specmaster doesn't get antsy if he visits Farmer Giles and sees a shotgun in the corner of the kitchen. There's a world of difference between a friendly cuppa with the farmer's wife while a 12 gauge gently does the firearm equivalent of snoring in front of the fireplace and pulling up to a big gate to be eyed up suspiciously by two blokes carrying submachine guns at port-arms while another one says "papers please". Context is everything when it comes to how people react.

Yes, a firearm is just a tool, but whereas a hammer is just a tool and also a very lethal weapon should it be put to that purpose, a firearm is always going to be perceived as a weapon first and a tool second by most people because 'weapon' is a quintessential part of its nature. Don't expect the ignorant to see past that barrier of 'weapon' without a lot of education.

On the politics side, it's just a cynical "easy to get almost everyone on your side" ploy if you make a fuss about firearms, with very little risk of serious political comeback. If you were raised, as I was, by a professional killer trained to recognise the weapons potential of any object (which is a nasty way of saying "former Sergeant in the commandos who had responsibilities for unarmed combat training"), then the humble ballpoint pen is a nasty weapon. Somehow I don't see the politicians going on the warpath again ballpoint pens the next time one is used to seriously injure or kill someone (Until the prison service cottoned on and started issuing floppy ballpoint pens, there were several stabbings a year using one as a weapon in British prisons).

But non criminal idiots don't accidentally kill themselves or others with a ballpoint pen!

I do get "antsy"when I see a shotgun just propped up in the kitchen, just as I do when I see Mains wiring done by someone who has obviously no idea how to do so.
Guns are tools, indeed, but dangerous ones, & deserve respect, just as much as a bandsaw or an oxy-acetylene welding set.

Cops with a sidearm, armoured car guards buying a Lotto ticket or whatever at the Shopping centre, or a farmer using it for necessary work don't bother me at all, as they know what they are about.

When I was a kid, every year or so, we would have stories in the paper about kids shooting themselves, a sibling, or a playmate with 0.22 rifles carelessly put away loaded "on top of the wardrobe".

My Dad was never big on guns, as he spent too much time carrying one in WW1, "shooting at other poor, silly buggers who were shooting at him".

My Uncle & Grandad had guns, & they where reachable, but they were scrupulous in remembering to unload them after use.
I was also told, in no uncertain terms, "hands off!" unless under supervision.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #102086 on: September 17, 2021, 02:44:19 pm »
I've bought 50 NOS Tesla MAA723 for 50 Cent/piece.
I'd sell 40 30 of them for 50 Cent/piece plus shipping.

Please let me know if you want some.

Edit:
10 reserved for AVGresponding

Today arrival:

@AVGresponding:
Will prepare shipping to you this evening and bring it tomorrow morning to the post office (DHL).
Will send you then the total costs and tracking ID.

I shall use one of these for the battery charger regulator in the v-ref project.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #102087 on: September 17, 2021, 02:48:24 pm »
Some of you guys mentioned the Sinclair C5.  Right now this is what’s just down from the top of the Toronto Star’s front page and the C5 came to mind right away when I saw the picture there.  It looks like one of the local auto parts magnates is getting ready to try out the same concept all over again:

I can understand the logic but I still don’t see it taking off now, just as it didn’t then.

My daughter has one of those...  :-DD

mnem
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:45:49 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102088 on: September 17, 2021, 02:52:18 pm »

Oh that’s glorious. Thanks for posting  :-+

No TE time this week  >:(

Probably where MrCarlson got the idea for his famous smd capacitor removal technique.

They strip components right off the board with a pair of plier  :o

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:55:13 pm by Kosmic »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102089 on: September 17, 2021, 03:03:18 pm »
That's why you have to get a second NGU.  :-DD

And the dots of paint on the solder, I haven't seen a lot of that over here. Is that an identifying mark to tell if tampering or repair has been done?

I have no idea. I saw similar dots like these on very rare other occations and was always wondering about their purpose.  :-//

My guesses would be either to indicate tampering, or perhaps to verify QA, as in look at the joint then mark it to indicate that you have done so.  During my house rewire I used a marker to draw a diagonal line on my circuit breaker terminals as I torqued the connections as an indication that I had used the torque driver on them and done the final tightening.

-Pat

This is the same reason given me by old man Basche, the guy who got me started in electronics. The dots were part of the final inspection process on all the film projectors from one manufacturer. He elaborated that it was also done as part of certain mil-spec assembly procedures where the solder joints were actually x-rayed as part of QC.

One of my first gigs, on populated boards I had to do debug on, anything that required soldering had to be sent back to rework so it could be soldered by "certified techs"; I could tack a replacement part in place but they had to do the final soldering. Then it would be sent back to me or someone like me for debug and reintroduction into the manufacturing chain.

mnem
 :P
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #102090 on: September 17, 2021, 03:04:01 pm »
Also found this. Tek quickly discovered that the RCA supplied CRT's were too variable and not precise enough.

And a few years later Tek outdid themselves with the ceramic CRT.

I remember reading that they were actually being sold the CRTs of poorer quality - they’d get shipments with odd gaps in the serial number sequences.  Apparently at some point they were unable to get any, and had one of their customers order some tubes and forward them.  Lo and behold, the tubes the customer received (can’t recall if they were made by RCA or Dumont) also had odd gaps in their serial numbers - gaps that meshed perfectly with those tubes Tek had been sent.  Interestingly, the tubes the end customer had received were all of much better quality than those Tek had gotten from the manufacturer.  I suppose we should be glad for that given what it inspired them to do, but I can well imagine that Vollum and company must have been spitting nails when they figured it out!

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102091 on: September 17, 2021, 03:12:14 pm »
...Look like the DAC is now fixed. The calibrator is around 15ppm from my Agilent 34401a (which I think read a bit high).
(SNIP)
I ought to do more tests to figure out which of the chip actually failed.   

Well good for you! So what was the total wallet pain...? Or would you rather not say? Are we talking great deal, Jammy Git, or so cheap I'm still waiting for Law of Irony to catch up with me here...?   :-DD

mnem
 :clap:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102092 on: September 17, 2021, 03:16:50 pm »
It's official... We are finally 100% done with the old place.

Shed is moved; I spent a hour drilling extra screws through the frame into the base, but it paid off. Nothing moved so much as a smidge all the way over; not even at 70 kliks per.

House is cleaned, keys handed off, and ex-landlord said it was all fine.

And since our cleaning service bailed on us at the last minute due to COVID-related issues, we had to clean the house from top to bottom ourselves. But we saved almost as much as I spent on the rollback wrecker getting the shed here. :-//

mnem
*toddles off for some couch-tuber time widda boi*
Good Job  :-+

Thanks! It was a lot of work... but it was worth the upgrade. At least we think it was a upgrade; not sure with the crazy traffic patterns between Brampton and where my wife works. :-//

Yeah but.....the calories lost are priceless.  :)

Ohhh, gawwwrrrd... you have no idea. I sweated out a 6-pack of Gatorade Zero and prolly another gallon of water. And popping pain cocktails every 3 hours just to keep moving. :scared:
Congratulations on the move.   Looking forward to the time when the decision to move is yours.

Yeah... we'll see. While I know we have no interest in buying the property where we're at... I'd like to stay put for more than a year at a time, no doubt. Seems I just start to recover from one move and time to do it all again... :palm:

mnem
But it's done. :phew:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:30:54 pm by mnementh »

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102093 on: September 17, 2021, 03:17:03 pm »
...Look like the DAC is now fixed. The calibrator is around 15ppm from my Agilent 34401a (which I think read a bit high).
(SNIP)
I ought to do more tests to figure out which of the chip actually failed.   

Well good for you! So what was the total wallet pain...? Or would you rather not say? Are we talking great deal, Jammy Git, or so cheap I'm still waiting for Law of Irony to catch up with me here...?   :-DD

mnem
 :clap:

Got it for 355$US. And I just paid 10$ in parts for the repair.

It came with the J5000 interface on the back that I'm going to sell. I seen those going for 100$ on the bay (the J5000 interface not the calibrator  :)).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:30:12 pm by Kosmic »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, ch_scr

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102094 on: September 17, 2021, 03:46:19 pm »
@mnem congrats

Thanks! So how goes your own move...? Or are you still in the battle plan stage due to everything being in a state of flux..? Sorry if you've already posted on this; I've been been even more scattered than usual due to my own move.

Shed is moved <snip>
Wonderful. While I admire your stamina in keeping things going while being forced to move around like so, I sincerely hope you'll very soon get to the point where not only do you have work visas but also a chance to settle.

TE: Fluke 27 kit has left Erlanger. Still paid too much for it, but that Probe...

Same here. Life in Limbo is definitely crazy-making.  :scared:

When you look at it as just a 27, yeah. But with the case and matched HV probe, def a more useful tool than my own:

For starters, it can measure safely in both polarities.  :-+

mnem
 :-/O

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102095 on: September 17, 2021, 04:10:25 pm »

Well, now we know where Carlson got the idea...  ::)

I'm pretty sure that only applies to pots you know have small skinny legs that will break pretty easily.  :-//

I'm not exactly sanguine aboot breaking rectifiers up that way... I've handled ones that were definitely stronger than FR4. Maybe if you crush the package with a pair of vise-grips first, so it doesn't apply any stress to the PCB. Hmmmm...   

Also, I love how they were all aboot safe handling of the CRT, even while swinging the uber-fragile evac nipple end of the CRT around mere inches away from the edge of that shelf. :palm:

One of the first things old man Basche taught me aboot handling a CRT is that the safest place for that end of the thing is in your gloved hand from the time you start removal to the time it is safely resting in a box. :-//

mnem
 :bullshit:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:12:19 pm by mnementh »

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #102096 on: September 17, 2021, 04:21:33 pm »
@mnem congrats

Thanks! So how goes your own move...? Or are you still in the battle plan stage due to everything being in a state of flux..? Sorry if you've already posted on this; I've been been even more scattered than usual due to my own move.

Shed is moved <snip>
Wonderful. While I admire your stamina in keeping things going while being forced to move around like so, I sincerely hope you'll very soon get to the point where not only do you have work visas but also a chance to settle.

TE: Fluke 27 kit has left Erlanger. Still paid too much for it, but that Probe...

Same here. Life in Limbo is definitely crazy-making.  :scared:

When you look at it as just a 27, yeah. But with the case and matched HV probe, def a more useful tool than my own:

For starters, it can measure safely in both polarities.  :-+

mnem
 :-/O

Since yer asking ...
Hubby has to see the cardiologist again, apparently the last emergency thingie was not just a false alarm, they found atrium stenosis on Wednesday (I hope that this is the right phrase, over here it is Vorhofstenose) that needs further investigation and most likely treatment  |O :'(
To make matters worse, I had a suspicion and asked him to have his insulin levels checked. Turns out he is even higher than I was which turns out to be just on the wrong side of the "is it diabetes ?" threshold ...  :palm:
Which means that our general practitioner has asked me to be the diet expert for him. *sigh*

To add insult to injury: we have not yet received a building permit for that observatory, and it is the owner's duty to get that building permit so that we can close the deal. Unfortunately the owner has suffered a stroke and is in the hospital  :palm:

Now I am wondering when Murphy would kindly decide to let go of me. This is kind of nerve wrecking.

On the positive side, I am now at 50% of my revised weight loss target.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, ch_scr, Kosmic, cyclin_al

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102097 on: September 17, 2021, 04:22:52 pm »

In a way, his ZX series did for computing what those cheap Russian Zenit SLR cameras did for photography in the UK. Yes, both had their drawbacks and there were far better alternatives but without them a lot of people would never have bothered.

It seems from what I've read and the amusing horror stories posited in here recently... that Clive Sinclair's products primarily served as a gateway drug to a lifelong addiction to electronic engineering and computer sciences. That exposure to his affordable but limited products made these tehnologies accessible to a whole new generation and brought these fields of study to the more mainstream economic classes where they were once only the purview of the priesthood in white lab coats, and the high cost of entry associated therein.

A man could certainly leave behind a worse legacy.

mnem
as could a dwagon...  :o

The following users thanked this post: nfmax, Specmaster, shakalnokturn, cyclin_al, Neper

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102098 on: September 17, 2021, 04:28:47 pm »
The dwagon and med6753 do have more in common than one might think.  >:D  :-DD

I don't know whether to take that as a insult or compliment...   :-DD

mnem
"I'm only a asshole on Thursdays. Rest of the time I'm a whole ass." ~me, immediately after the line-dancing incident
Ditto.  :-// ;D
Just five words: The dwagon licks papa smurf. 8)  >:D   Let me know if you need a picture to illustrate this.  :-DD

Does the Dwagon have a raspy tongue like a cow? ;D
I'd say worse, as I have been licked by both.  :-DD

mnem
Maybe I should've had SWMBO field that question...  :o

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102099 on: September 17, 2021, 04:33:00 pm »
My 128kg Gamma counter was delivered by Palletways at 11 this morning. As I have nowhere to put it and no way of lifting it, it was a "break immediately" situation.
So by 2 pm it's fully broken down and a pile of clean separated scrap in th back of the car. The lead totalled 50kg. Total cash from scrappy was £67 so more than 20% back already.
But thats not the point of this post. While at the scrappy I spotted the back of a blur box with a black bezel and "Time" on the back. They were happy to sell it to me for £3. I'm now the proud owner of a Time Electronics 1010 Voltage calibrator. It's a late model, came from RS. One of the terminals is broken but at £3 for a £1300 bit of TE I'm not complaining. Who the hell throws that in the skip  :palm:

A quick check shows all digits and ranges work OK 400uV offset compared to my Fluke 8060 so all looks good.  :-DMM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf