Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14554511 times)

Wolfgang, BrianInTexas and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #102400 on: September 20, 2021, 11:07:31 am »
I had gathered by now that Saskia was a she.

Was? Still is as far as I know ...  ::)

No intention of changing that  :-DD :-DD

I hope not. We need someone around here to clean the place and cook the meals.   >:D

J/K.  :P :-DD

Med has just established his locale as Ground Zero.   Everyone ... KEEP CLEAR!

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline AaronLee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102401 on: September 20, 2021, 11:09:29 am »
Proposal to develop Insulin sensor submitted to the powers that be.
Now need to forward this to our CEO thru channels just in case some midlevel management critter decides that it's too much work to take a stand ...

This would be an insulin sensor that could be used in a personal device? That would be a game changer for diabetics!

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102402 on: September 20, 2021, 11:10:10 am »
There is this 3478A on eBay if anyone is looking for one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274949249296
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline FransW

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102403 on: September 20, 2021, 11:14:32 am »
]

This one gets nearer to what I'm trying to achieve:
http://www.stable32.com/A%20Small%20DMTD%20System.pdf
And there's a thread here on eevblog:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/dmtd-board/?all

DMTD typically is all about measuring oscillator stability to ppt (1e-12) or better. The main point is: By mixing the DUT frequency with e.g. a 100Hz (10Hz, 1Hz) offset reference, the errors get multiplied by the ratio of reference to offset frequency (e.g. 100000 for 10Mhz / 100Hz), this way shifting picoseconds into 100's nanoseconds range, which can be easily measured by conventional counters. The TA520 is quite a luxury item here, as its 25ps resolution isn't required at all for these measurements.

The complete solution:
PE1CCN, Systems Engineering, HP, Philips, TEK, BRYMAN, Fluke, Keithley

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #102404 on: September 20, 2021, 11:36:23 am »
There is this 3478A on eBay if anyone is looking for one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274949249296

Dammit Specmaster I was hoping to keep that one a secret!
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #102405 on: September 20, 2021, 11:41:47 am »
]

This one gets nearer to what I'm trying to achieve:
http://www.stable32.com/A%20Small%20DMTD%20System.pdf
And there's a thread here on eevblog:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/dmtd-board/?all

DMTD typically is all about measuring oscillator stability to ppt (1e-12) or better. The main point is: By mixing the DUT frequency with e.g. a 100Hz (10Hz, 1Hz) offset reference, the errors get multiplied by the ratio of reference to offset frequency (e.g. 100000 for 10Mhz / 100Hz), this way shifting picoseconds into 100's nanoseconds range, which can be easily measured by conventional counters. The TA520 is quite a luxury item here, as its 25ps resolution isn't required at all for these measurements.

The complete solution:

That thing has a major flaw: Gravity is not a force it only appears as such.  :)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline FransW

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102406 on: September 20, 2021, 11:45:15 am »

That thing has a major flaw: Gravity is not a force it only appears as such.  :)
[/quote]

The picture just illustrates that there can be something beneath all known phenomena,
whatever their nature. Since we do not know whatever that might be.

So you just invented a new principle.
Check with Sabine Hossenfelder.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:49:17 am by FransW »
PE1CCN, Systems Engineering, HP, Philips, TEK, BRYMAN, Fluke, Keithley

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102407 on: September 20, 2021, 11:50:31 am »

So that's why you quote the link?  >:D
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102408 on: September 20, 2021, 11:52:03 am »
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/digital-phosphor-oszilloskop-dpo-tektronix-tds3052/1871457069-168-4712

any good ?
he would trade for a Voltcraft 160 MHz AFG, I have a Peaktech 160 MHz AFG.
Would that be a good trade ?

Seriously dodgy. The title says TDS3052, some of the pictures are of a 3032, but others are a 3034?? And the language on the devices change between German and Russian?? So what is he actually selling? There are no pictures of a 3052.

McBryce.
It seems to be a case of the often claimed bandwith extension by SW hack. Would not risk it.

That still wouldn't explain how it suddenly turned into a 4 channel scope in one of the pictures and then back to a two channel model??

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #102409 on: September 20, 2021, 11:52:16 am »

The picture just illustrates that there can be something beneath all known phenomena,
whatever their nature. Since we do not know whatever that might be.

So you just invented a new principle.
Check with Sabine Hossenfelder.
(quoting fixed)

I'm a long-time follower of Sabine's YT channel, I'm aware of that.  :)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #102410 on: September 20, 2021, 12:30:51 pm »
Now need to forward this to our CEO thru channels just in case some midlevel management critter decides that it's too much work to take a stand ...

This would be an insulin sensor that could be used in a personal device? That would be a game changer for diabetics!

yes, exactly.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, AaronLee

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102411 on: September 20, 2021, 12:35:20 pm »

yes, exactly.

The game has already been changed. There's already loads of these on the market for quite a while now. Why would another one be needed?

McBryce.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #102412 on: September 20, 2021, 12:43:10 pm »
If so please point me to one. I am not talking about Glucose, but Insulin. Have been unable to find a personal Insulin meter. Will gladly buy one if the price is within reason. I do have a personal glucose and ketone meter, but that is not really sufficient.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 02:09:47 pm by Saskia »

The following users thanked this post: AaronLee

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #102413 on: September 20, 2021, 12:46:34 pm »
If so please point me to one. I am not talking about Glucose, but Insulin. Have been unable to find a personal Insulin meter. Will gladly buy one if the price is within treason. I do have a personal glucose and ketone meter, but that is not really sufficient.

https://www.aerzteblatt.de/archiv/168902/Glukosekontrolle-Messen-ohne-zu-stechen

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102414 on: September 20, 2021, 12:59:11 pm »
If so please point me to one. I am not talking about Glucose, but Insulin. Have been unable to find a personal Insulin meter. Will gladly buy one if the price is within treason. I do have a personal glucose and ketone meter, but that is not really sufficient.

https://www.aerzteblatt.de/archiv/168902/Glukosekontrolle-Messen-ohne-zu-stechen

That's about a glucose sensor. Glucose ≠ Insulin, one's a simple disaccharide, one's a hormone.

FreeStyle Libre ® heißt das Flash-Glukose-Messsystem, das seit Ende Oktober für erwachsene Diabetiker verfügbar ist und direkt bei Abbott im Online-Shop bestellt werden kann.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, AaronLee

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #102415 on: September 20, 2021, 01:02:55 pm »

That's about a glucose sensor. Glucose ≠ Insulin, one's a simple disaccharide, one's a hormone.

FreeStyle Libre ® heißt das Flash-Glukose-Messsystem, das seit Ende Oktober für erwachsene Diabetiker verfügbar ist und direkt bei Abbott im Online-Shop bestellt werden kann.

I know. But I cannot see the sense in measuring the insuline. All friends of mine with diabetics (type I and II) are only measuring the glucose. None of them is measuring the insuline level. And one of them has a similar sensor system to the one described in the Ärzteblatt above.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #102416 on: September 20, 2021, 01:08:10 pm »

Ifni save me... I'm going there.   

mnem

Been there, done that - long time ago when I could use my eyes without artificial amplification to do such soldering. Last time I had a broken FPC, luckily some chinese seller offered replacement for little money.

Yeah, the FPCs are available cheap, if you feel like tackling the assache of swapping over four .5mm pitch ribbon sockets, three IR photosensor pairs, and three diodes. 7 little bodge wires feels a treat in comparison, honestly.  :-DD

You can get them fully populated for ~US$24 each... but then you have no idea of the quality of the components, you have to play the fleaBay cesspool game, and with two cameras I'm now looking at $75 invested before I buy batteries and chargers...

...or I can spend a couple hours doing the bodge thing and at least see if that's all the little beastie needs before I plonk down real money on parts to fix a decade-old camera.

Really, the math wasn't that hard, especially since it sidesteps the whole border delays/duty/slow boat from China asshole tax.

mnem
"Pretty is as pretty does." ~gramma Kate
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102417 on: September 20, 2021, 01:09:58 pm »

Already on my watch list and finished the day I get paid so...  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102418 on: September 20, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »
I know. But I cannot see the sense in measuring the insuline. All friends of mine with diabetics (type I and II) are only measuring the glucose. None of them is measuring the insuline level. And one of them has a similar sensor system to the one described in the Ärzteblatt above.

They are not doing it because they can't, not without sending bloods off to "biochemistry".

Think of "insulin resistance" and the more familiar resistance. I give you a resistor and say measure its value, but you can only use current, you may not measure voltage. Think of glucose levels as voltage and insulin levels as current - they interact through the insulin susceptibility or resistance. You can't find that insulin resistance without measuring both.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al, AaronLee

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102419 on: September 20, 2021, 01:16:46 pm »

Ifni save me... I'm going there.   

mnem

That is a typical Louis Rossman style "bodge"  :palm: >:D

Oh gawd no... this is easily 10x larger scale than what he does; I didn't even use my reading glasses except to see when I scraped the insulation away.

The major difference tho, is intent. This is for myself, not someone else, and I don't intend to keep it this way; if the cameras actually work with this bodge, then the FPCs will be replaced with the proper part.

mnem
 :-/O
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102420 on: September 20, 2021, 01:21:27 pm »

Here you can find the teddy bear Mnem was talking about ...

I will never look at my Teddy bear the same way...

That would probably be for the best... ;)

mnem

https://y.yarn.co/378a73b6-06ae-4897-813d-67bf41fee163.mp4
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 01:23:10 pm by mnementh »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102421 on: September 20, 2021, 01:28:12 pm »

I hope not. We need someone around here to clean the place and cook the meals.   >:D

J/K.  :P :-DD

Oi, Papa Smurf... you woke up fulla piss & vinegar this mornin', dinn'cha...?  :-DD

mnem
Either that, or he really wants one of those teddy bears... >:D

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102422 on: September 20, 2021, 01:38:10 pm »
I identify as an attack helicopter.
That's perfectly fine with me, I just love helicopters  8)
But French helicopters go round the wrong way!
:-DD

I don't know if there is a right or wrong way, however it is true that the main rotor on French helicopters does turn one direction but helis from the US or other countries rotate in the opposite direction !  :-//
This is less and less true though, since the French helis are now less and less French. The EC135 and 145 IIRC are originally an old German design so their rotor is turning the "right" way. Also, newer designs like the EC175 were co-designed with the Chinese so I suspect it also turns the "right"/"international" way.

As years go by and older French designs get phased out, progressively all French helis will rotate the same direction as the rest of the heli world...

Meh. This is the right way to do a heli... with two rotors in opposite directions. >:D

mnem
flippin' frogs... could muff up a wet dream... ;)

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, shakalnokturn

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102423 on: September 20, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102424 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:58 pm »

What the actual FUCK...? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353637404307

mnem
 ???

That's a serious job for a 3D printer :)

McBryce.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, ch_scr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf