Author Topic: The Summary Siglent SDS1202X-E Thread  (Read 34101 times)

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
Re: The Summary Siglent SDS1202X-E Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2018, 07:55:07 am »
Hello! Who knows what is new option "Utility->page4->Reference Position-> Vertical fixed position and Horisontal fixed delay? Before update these options were absent. Tried them on and off - nothing happened

They are least partially explained here by @Performa01
(This is for 4 channel models but as we know 2 channel models are very similar in many basic things)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/msg1371771/#msg1371771

And in this thread 1. message there is downloadable pdf. In this part 1 he explain it.
SDS1104X-E Review 01.pdf

In practice after user have learned and adapted to use these features then can feel that how we can live without these.

Tiny example (vertical)
You are looking example DC power supply ripple. Without this feature (fixed offset) always if you change vertical V/div scale you need adjust vertical position because this signal (ripple on DC) position on the screen change because your "zero" is in fixed position. With some settings you need really adjust until your fingers fatigue.  But with fixed offset voltage,  changing  V/div setting it (ripple signal riding on this DC) stay in fixed offset voltage on the screen without need adjust position if change V/div.

Exercise:

Take 1.5V DC. Connect it to input and input coupling mode DC (if use AC you can not see low freq ripple/variables, 1/f noise)
Probe 1X
Push position for zero to center line (if it is not allready)
Set input for 500mV/div
You see DC line 3 div up from 0 line.
Now you want look this DC more deeply for ripple etc.
Go to utility menu 4/4 and there select "Reference Pos"
Then select "Vertical, Fixed Offset"
After then select what menu you next want go or stay there.
Now turn vertical "Position" knob until your DC signal is middle of screen, also you see on channel display (righ side of display) there is -1.50V (offset)
Now change V/div to 200mV/div - 100 - 50 - 20 - 10 - 5 - 2 - 1mV/div
(if need push trigger position knob for "center" trig for p-p)
Next part of exercise tell why I say this: Your fingers thank and your boss also thanks because you can do more works with less time.

Now do this same exercise next part:
do not select  "Vertical, Fixed Offset". Select "Vertical, Fixed Position"

Then also start changing V/div from 500mV to 200... now adjust vertical position so you see signal around middle of screen... then go to 100mV and again adjust.... then 50mV/div and adjust position.... then 20mV and adjust position....continue down until your fingers are tired-fatigue try continue exercise down to 1mV/div or even down to 500uV.
If you feel fingers very tired or even joints pain,  stop the exercise.

After this exercies you know it really do things and after then you do not say "it do nothing".
If you do this exerciese down to 500uV/div perfectly all steps you remember this setting and know how useful it is your rest life.
;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:03:56 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: evgen.05

Siglent America

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2018, 06:55:58 pm »
Hello! Who knows what is new option "Utility->page4->Reference Position-> Vertical fixed position and Horisontal fixed delay? Before update these options were absent. Tried them on and off - nothing happened

For an explanation of the horizontal / vertical fixed position functions you can check this out:
https://www.siglentamerica.com/operating-tip/sds1000x-e-new-fixed-position-zoom/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:00:01 pm by Siglent America »

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:36 am »
New firmware for the SDS1202X-E

Version: v5.1.3.17R1
http://siglenteu.com/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=4072&tid=15
5.9 Mb
Maybe you remember that I pointed out some serial decoding problems. After updating the firmware I have taken some samples in the same setup I used before, and seems decoding can still be somewhat confused.

This is not a typical RS232 link, but a RS485 bus with the Modbus protocol. That means that the idle signal doesn't have a voltage level as it happens with RS232, but it's 0 volts with all the nodes in high impedance mode.

Some samples attached. The data is not sensitive so I can supply a binary capture file if needed.

In my case this is not a show stopper but, certainly, there's room for improvement. As a matter of fact a DS1074Z from Rigol decoded perfectly in the same setup. I still trust the Siglent better because I don't like the interpolation circus in the Rigol, but it would be nice to improve the decoders a bit.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2018, 11:54:42 pm »
Some audio checks with SDS1202X-E FFT from Rob's Fixit Shop:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2018, 10:54:32 pm »
Important firmware update, in so much as some features in the 4ch X-E scopes have been added into the SDS1202X-E.  :clap:
At this time only the Hamburg link seems to work.  :-//

Version 1.3.23
6.36 MB

https://www.siglentamerica.com/download/7225/
https://www.siglenteu.com/download/6573/

Changelog
1. Changed the displayed system information screen. From ADS version of 1.3.23, the info screen now shows 5 sections of software versions, including the OS version ID.
2. Added SCPI commands for Math waveforms (except FFT).
3. Optimized accuracy of horizontal measurement, especially when there are only a few samples in very small timebase.
4. Added ability to disable one direction of the full duplex encoders.
5. Any arbitrary probe factor from 1e-6 to 1e6 can be set by universal knob.
6. Attenuation and invert indicator were added into the channel tab.
7. There are some times of quick calibration during warming up the SDS XE. Added a menu below Utility to disable the quick calibration so that the sampling can’t be interrupted.
8. Added SCPI to set up gated measurements on an SDS XE scope and return the data.
9. Supported exiting the on-screen keyboard by OK button.
10. Fixed the bug related to displaying long IC2 decoded packets.
11. Fixed the channel inversion bug when changing timebase from 1ms to 2ms
12. Fixed the bug: The setting of Educational mode can’t be saved after power off.
13. Fixed the bug: I2C address to 0x3F and the fist byte to 0x8C -trigger does not work
14. Fixed the bug: The I2C trigger condition "7 bit Address&Data" does not work when the payload contains only a single byte.
15. Fixed the bug: Looks like SDS1202X-E does not discard incomplete bytes in the payload although they are easily detectable.
16. Optimized decoded data of I2C and got rid of suffix ‘H’ and ‘A’.
17. Fixed the bug: There is offset with Channel coupling of GND.
18. Fixed the bug of failing to save Pass/Fail mask to U disk.
19. Fixed the bug: Save data as CSV , but the data does not account for the vertical offset of the data.
20. Fixed the bug: The binary block returned by the WAVEFORM command contains the length of the block in the “#9” header. This length is incorrect when the NP option of the WFSU command is used; the header then gives the memory depth instead of the actual size of the block.
21. Fixed the bug of response from the WAVEFORM command prefixes the binary block with the string "ALL," even when "CHDR OFF" is used.
22. Optimize self-calibration for channels.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:51:19 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: iMo

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2018, 03:05:26 pm »
Important firmware update, in so much as some features in the 4ch X-E scopes have been added into the SDS1202X-E.  :clap:
Now they require user registration for the Siglent.com website.

The funny thing is, this is the first time in 10? years I've been asked to provide personal information in a non encrypted website.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2018, 03:22:40 pm »

The funny thing is, this is the first time in 10? years I've been asked to provide personal information in a non encrypted website.

Funny thing is that you try use Asian Headquarters web side. Our EU region side do not work? As far as I know Spain is inside EU.
Why you do not use  Siglent European region official web side? It do not ask anything.
https://www.siglenteu.com/

Then also, even if you use side what ask your personal things... you can be example Mr Donald Duck or Mr John Smith  and your email can be example msnobodyorsome097549083746598@gmail.com or what ever...
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2018, 03:30:58 pm »

Funny thing is that you try use Asian Headquarters web side. Our EU region side do not work? As far as I know Spain is inside EU.
Why you do not use  Siglent European region official web side? It do not ask anything.
https://www.siglenteu.com/
Gosh, you are right!

I went to siglent.eu and it was a dealer. I didn't remember the siglenteu.com domain.

A bit confusing with domain names, anyway.

Thanks!

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2018, 03:43:04 pm »
Yes, siglent.eu  and siglenteu.com  makes lot of confusion. You are not alone with this.
Personally I do not understand why siglent.eu try create an impression about official Siglent.  Even if they are not directly lying but too easily the impression is that they are Siglent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf