Author Topic: The 'Official' AN8008 Meter Thread  (Read 2066 times)

Offline ocw

• Regular Contributor
Re: The 'Official' AN8008 Meter Thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2019, 11:11:59 pm »
After returning from two days with Rohde & Schwarz in Columbia, MD I'm not sure if it was nice to receive an AN8008 which cost me $6.11 post paid on that melt-down Monday at the end of November.  Anyway, each has its purpose.  I will be receiving an R&S ETL DTV RF analyzer to go along with my EFA.

The AN8008 was measured to have under 0.05% DC voltage accuracy and generally under 0.1% AC accuracy from 10 mV up to the 100 volt upper extreme tested.  And, while not that sensitive I could measure frequency up to 79 MHz with it.  As an experiment, I previously changed the 2 ohm mA/A current shunt resistor to a 0.1 ohm resistor.  However, I use other meters for current measurement and I will leave this meter alone.  It is just nice to have a small meter like the AN8008 for less demanding low voltage work and let it suffer the abuse of less critical projects.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
Re: The 'Official' AN8008 Meter Thread
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 09:37:30 am »
After returning from two days with Rohde & Schwarz in Columbia, MD I'm not sure if it was nice to receive an AN8008 which cost me $6.11 post paid on that melt-down Monday at the end of November...
Rats! I overpaid for mine :( I paid $6.47 + shipping :(
I'd like to make the world a better place but they won't give me the source code

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf