Products > Test Equipment

The Siglent SDG2042X Thread

<< < (341/351) > >>

jhenderson0107:

--- Quote from: tv84 on September 05, 2023, 01:57:29 pm ---When you say *INSTR, don't you mean *IDN?  ?

I don't recognize *INSTR as a valid query and, even if it were, it would require the question mark in order to be a query.

--- End quote ---
*INSTR is used as a parameter to the Visa FindRsrc command.  See Chapter 5 of the NI Visa Programmer's Guide. 

An excerpt:  The viFindRsrc() operation matches the value specified in the expr parameter with the
resources available for a particular interface. A regular expression is a string consisting of
ordinary characters as well as special characters. You use a regular expression to specify
patterns to match in a given string; in other words, it is a search criterion. The viFindRsrc()
operation uses a case-insensitive compare feature when matching resource names against the
regular expression specified in expr. For example, calling viFindRsrc() with
“VXI?*INSTR” would return the same resources as invoking it with “vxi?*instr”.

Use this function within instrument control applications to scan for GPIB, LAN, RS232 or USB devices. 

tautech:
New firmware for SDG2000X models.

Version: V2.01.01.37R8
38.6 MB
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Signal_generator/SDG2000X_V2.01.01.37R8_EN.zip

Release notes
1. Solve the problem of slow USB drive detection during startup
2. Solve the problem of outputting abnormal pulses during burst mode
3. Add instructions for saving and reading status(XML)files
4. Add the instruction to clear the statistics of the counter

NoisyBoy:
Thanks Tautech,

I upgraded mine, absolutely straight forward update.

Vit G:
Hi, Tautech!

Can I hope that you will someday correct the phase shift between channels that cannot be eliminated by the EqPhase button?
-9 Degrees error on 100MHz (abt 0.25nS)
    Phase Coupling procedure is not a solution that should be used. it is only needed to compensate for the length of the cables if it is different. with the same length there should be enough EqPhase button!

tautech:

--- Quote from: Vit G on September 18, 2023, 06:15:54 am ---Hi, Tautech!

Can I hope that you will someday correct the phase shift between channels that cannot be eliminated by the EqPhase button?
-9 Degrees error on 100MHz (abt 0.25nS)
    Phase Coupling procedure is not a solution that should be used. it is only needed to compensate for the length of the cables if it is different. with the same length there should be enough EqPhase button!

--- End quote ---
Do you have the latest firmware installed ?

I have seen this before with identical cables but with EqPhase it is much reduced then to add some small Phase adjustment can be nulled completely out. However as you change frequencies phase can move slightly and you need make further adjustments.

Attached from a SDG6022X, 20 MHz, 500mV and identical cables with EqPhase and channel copy applied where any phase difference is tiny then have added 5o to show a difference between channels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version