Author Topic: Agilent 16702B LCD Backlight  (Read 191 times)

Offline MauriceS

• Contributor
Agilent 16702B LCD Backlight
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:58:08 am »
Has anyone tried to replace the CCFL backlight on a 16502B Logic analyzer? Mine is quite faint (but still there)
I haven't pulled the front cover off - that's my next step the Agilent/Keysight number is 2090-0390, which has been transitioned/obsoleted to    5081-7945 - and which according to Keysight's website is ONLY used in the 16702B : https://www.keysight.com/my/faces/partDetail.jspx?partNumber=5081-7945

Who is the vendor # 2090? NEC or Sharp? What's the OEM partnumber?

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Agilent 16702B LCD Backlight
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:21:05 am »
Have you pulled the front panel to have a look?  There are pretty good instructions and you may be able to catch a glimpse of the part number/brand with just the main chassis cover off.  You could also maybe find some info in the display properties section in windows, which would give you an idea, at least.

Undoubtedly a CCFL panel, so the normal options are mod with an LED strip or just replace, and they probably are available from vendors other than Keysight - this screen was probably used in several products by them as well as others, it seems common to find a given screen in several different instruments and to have old stock available on ebay or elsewhere.

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:10:54 pm »
I got a replacement tube for my 16902B from https://www.ccflwarehouse.com/ - I got the exact part by looking into the OEM documentation for the LCD panel rather than via HP part numbers etc - In the end, I think it was easier to just swap the tube than retrofit less.

Video of the replacement is here:

TonyG

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 03:38:23 pm »
I replaced the entire LCD display of a 16903A a while ago. I can't remember now if the LCD panel was bad, or just the backlight. After disassembling the front panel to the point where I could get to LCD panel it was clearly labeled as a standard Mitsubishi AA121SL01. At the time (4 years ago now) I was able to get an identical replacement LCD panel for $35. Looks like they are closer to $60 on eBay currently. The 16900A, 16902A, and 16903A Service Guide Theory of Operation section does say that the 16902A / 16903A LCD panel is a Mitsubishi AA121SL01. I don't think I saw that in the manual before I found the part number on the disassembled front panel of my 16903A.

I have also disassembled a 16702B front panel at least a couple of times. Once was to replace the touch screen that is double sided foam taped to the LCD panel. I can't remember if I also had to replace the backlight on one. Unfortunately the 16700B / 16702B Service Guide doesn't say what the original manufacturer part number is. I'm pretty sure that if you do disassemble the front panel of your 16702B far enough that you can see the back of the LCD panel you will find the original manufacturer part number. And then you can probably buy an exact replacement for the LCD panel, or as others have mentioned figure out what backlight assembly you need to buy to replace just that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf