Author Topic: Siglent SVA1015X and SVA1032X 1.5, 3.2GHz Spectrum & Vector Network Analyzers  (Read 195143 times)

Offline maxi

What has been your overall impression of the SVA1032X,  and what signal generator where you using for the posted test?

Thanks
[/quote]

I had an Advantest R3361B for many years and replaced it by the SVA1032X in 2021 - ordered all options. It is faster and has better resolution. The phasenoise could be better but correlates with it´s price-class. The phase-noise shown by user IM3 is strange - as you can compare with mine or that of user RoV. The signal-generator is a HP8657B and most signal-generators have better phasenoise characteristics than the Siglent Analyzers.
But Siglent is improving over the years but you have to pay for better specs.

The following users thanked this post: IM3

Offline IM3

• Contributor
Nice MAXI that you performed my measurement setup in the same way and that your SSA1032X has good phase noise performance.

There are good and bad examples of phasenoise indeed. that makes it more unclear.

I started checking my phasenoise because someone on EEVBlog reported his bad phasenoise. That's how it started for me.
I did the measurement as I published here.

I  went to the Dutch supplier with this problem and he presented it to Silent Europa. A few months later this was discussed at the head office in China and it was stated that this was hardware related and could not be resolved.
My supplier then took my SSA1032X back and I subsequently bought an SSA3032X-R which Siglent China indicated had no problems.

I can see that my SSA1032X was really bad compared to some others. I have lost confidence in that RF design and have no regrets that I made the switch to the better RF design.

Whether this is exemplary will only become clear if more people perform the same measurement and post it here.

The following users thanked this post: RoV, maxi

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Discovered the following two items I wanted to leave somewhere regarding usage.

1. the SVA now supports saving in SNP, or S parameter format.  It saves as S1P.  This is very handy for bringing the VNA sweep of a network to an external program for massaging.  This is not in Siglent docs nor in firmware revision guide.

With a quality cable attached and calibrated to the end, attached a small antenna eval board for a response plot, with or without markers.  When saved as STA or CAL, neither one could load back the working state and screen appearance.

2. Enter the CSA save format.  This is not in Siglent docs nor firmware revision guide.  CSA saves calibration AND state combined.  When you load a CSA file, you will return to where you left off, with cal in place, entire setup in place including markers, etc. 

Also, if you find something that is not in Siglent docs, look at their manual for their higher end model, the SNA5032A.

If there is a thread dedicated to usage, please move this there.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Discovered the following two items I wanted to leave somewhere regarding usage.

1. the SVA now supports saving in SNP, or S parameter format.  It saves as S1P.  This is very handy for bringing the VNA sweep of a network to an external program for massaging.  This is not in Siglent docs nor in firmware revision guide.

With a quality cable attached and calibrated to the end, attached a small antenna eval board for a response plot, with or without markers.  When saved as STA or CAL, neither one could load back the working state and screen appearance.

2. Enter the CSA save format.  This is not in Siglent docs nor firmware revision guide.  CSA saves calibration AND state combined.  When you load a CSA file, you will return to where you left off, with cal in place, entire setup in place including markers, etc. 

Also, if you find something that is not in Siglent docs, look at their manual for their higher end model, the SNA5032A.

If there is a thread dedicated to usage, please move this there.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sna5000x-two-and-four-port-vnas-coming/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Nice looking units. 

And they do either directly load or import Agilent/Keysight cal kit files. With full editing and custom kits.  The basics of this should have been carried into the SVA. 

I can't understand why I don't have a line of people to buy my KS PNA for $6k  :)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Nice looking units. 
Totally next level and some.

And they do either directly load or import Agilent/Keysight cal kit files. With full editing and custom kits.  The basics of this should have been carried into the SVA. 
Reasonably sure they do but need get mine out to confirm ....when I get a chance, please bare with me....

Have you watched the TSP vid ?
https://youtu.be/6vHX0moZUFg
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
The Siglent F604MS says it's similar to the Agilent 85033E that I have.

I ran a cal and not only is it similar, it appears to be exactly the same  :-+

Would you do me a favor and post the F604MS kit cal constants, for the male connector.  This would include OPEN, SHORT, LOAD and possibly THRU.  Critical numbers are the delay in ps or length,  C0, C1, C2, C3  AND L0, L1, L2, L3

While this doesn't fix the internal 85033E kit, it raises hope that the F604MS is an easy way to call up the required constants.  May get lucky and find the same for the N type kit (85032x).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf