Author Topic: Hacking the DSO2X1X  (Read 133592 times)

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hacking the DSO2X1X
« Reply #575 on: March 20, 2024, 07:26:18 pm »
Hi, I have made a new Power Supply PCB board for the oscilloscope...

Hi, jovan_quineas.

Are the schematic and components the same as those in the original power supply, or did you introduce other improvements (apart from the 12V output)?

AFAIK, there have been two versions of the power supply. I have the older one and some components, at least the main diodes, tend to run hot, so some people in this forum suggested changing them for better alternatives.

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #576 on: March 20, 2024, 08:18:50 pm »
Hello, the truth is I don't know if there are more versions of the power supply pcb, at the moment in all the photos that I have seen of this oscilloscope I have seen that they are the same as mine, I don't have the diagram but I can do it and share it Since I dismantled mine and remade it to make this new one, I have photos and notes of the value of each component, I will get to the work of making the diagram.

I also took on the task of leaving each component in the same location and using the same screen printing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 08:21:29 pm by jovan_kineas »

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #577 on: March 21, 2024, 09:40:36 am »
Appart from some differences in the schematic (I'll try to find the posts), the first version had +-8V for the analog part, while the newest one is +-7V

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #578 on: March 21, 2024, 09:59:35 am »
Yes, there are at least 2 Versions. 8V and 7V. 7V is newer.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:02:15 am by Aldo22 »

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #579 on: March 21, 2024, 12:02:16 pm »
One of the differences is in the main rectifier; in the older version, D5 are two SMD diodes in parallel that tend to overheat (in fact, one of them in Aldo22's post is charred...), and in the newer version is a bigger through-hole device.

In the older version, there was additional filtering (L1-C7) in the +8V output (simplified schematic here), because the +5V output derived from there with a buck converter.

I remember somebody posted the schematic of the newer version, but I can't find the post. If I remember well, the +5V output comes from its own winding in the transformer (feedback to the primary from here), and +-7V has another center-tapered independent winding

The complete schematic for the older version is in the attached PDF I downloaded from another forum, but again I can't find the post (sorry for not giving credit to the author)

EDIT: I found the post where the PSU schematic was posted
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:14:29 am by morgan_flint »

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #580 on: March 21, 2024, 03:41:36 pm »
One of the differences is in the main rectifier; in the older version, D5 are two SMD diodes in parallel that tend to overheat (in fact, one of them in Aldo22's post is charred...)
I don't think the diode is charred.
I just linked the first photo of the 8V PSU that I found. He doesn't say anything about anything being charred.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3515614/#msg3515614

The second photo (7V) is from my device.

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #581 on: March 21, 2024, 08:28:42 pm »
Hello again, I didn't know there was such a version of the power supply, in any case my modification is for the first 8v version. since it's what mine had inside. Thanks for the diagram, I no longer need to go to the trouble of doing it.

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #582 on: March 22, 2024, 10:46:46 am »
I don't think the diode is charred.
I just linked the first photo of the 8V PSU that I found. He doesn't say anything about anything being charred.
Maybe it's just a bit overheated or just problem of light reflection in the photo...

Anyway, if you search D5 in the other thread, you'll find some posts reporting problems with these diodes (for example, this one or this one).

BTW, I found the posts with the PSU schematics; edited my previous post to include the link for the older version and here is the link to the post with the schematic of the newer one (better design, in my opinion).

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:48:38 am by morgan_flint »

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #583 on: March 23, 2024, 03:00:25 pm »
At my work I disassembled the Hantek DSO5202P that I have been using for almost 3 years and when I saw that its power supply did incorporate an output for a 12-volt fan, I decided to make a modification to the pcb of my DSO2D10 that I have at home. The Power Supply of this DSO5202P is a little larger but it seems to have fewer components, or perhaps not because the SMDs are soldered underneath since it is a single-sided pcb. This oscilloscope remains on 9 hours a day from Monday to Saturday. Whether it's hot or cold days, for 3 years it has worked well. I mean it has generated profits, I work in a company that only repairs macbooks and imacs. It is true that it is a little less noisy than the DSO2D10 but I like mine better. Of course there are better ones, like the Rigol 1054Z for example.

Sorry my bad english, i used Google Translator.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 03:26:10 pm by jovan_kineas »

Offline Eula

« Reply #584 on: March 24, 2024, 10:51:53 pm »
Hello,

I am a new owner of a DSO2C10 which, thanks to the great effort of DavidAlfa and many other people have selflessly dedicated many hours of their time, has easily become a DSO2D15.

The next thing I tried to do, but without any success, was to connect it to the PC.
There has been no way to get the USB recognized on any of the three computers I have tried it on. Neither with Win10 nor with Win7.
I have written to Hantek, but I have no confidence that they will respond.
So I'm trying all the solutions I can find on the forum and on the Hantek site, but so far no luck.

I changed the software version but that hasn't helped either. I followed the steps with Zadig 2.8 and it seems to recognize the device, even if it is as "unknown", but when I go on, it fails again, as if it was uninstalled.

I followed the steps with Zadig 2.8 and it seems to recognize the device, albeit as "unknown", but when I move on, it crashes again, as if uninstalling. 
Has anyone else had this happen, any ideas on where to tackle the problem.

For reference, the software version is 1.03.00(230831.00); firmware 3205 and hardware 003.002.001.000.000.000.000.001 (000 before the "conversion").

Thank you all very much.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2024, 10:11:10 am »
@Eula
Have you removed the USB stick on the front?
Have you tried PyVisa and/or Linux? https://pyvisa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

The following users thanked this post: Eula

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #586 on: March 25, 2024, 01:26:25 pm »
Zadig can take a while to install on slow computers!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2024, 04:36:21 pm »
One of the differences is in the main rectifier; in the older version, D5 are two SMD diodes in parallel that tend to overheat (in fact, one of them in Aldo22's post is charred...), and in the newer version is a bigger through-hole device.

In the older version, there was additional filtering (L1-C7) in the +8V output (simplified schematic here), because the +5V output derived from there with a buck converter.

I remember somebody posted the schematic of the newer version, but I can't find the post. If I remember well, the +5V output comes from its own winding in the transformer (feedback to the primary from here), and +-7V has another center-tapered independent winding

The complete schematic for the older version is in the attached PDF I downloaded from another forum, but again I can't find the post (sorry for not giving credit to the author)

EDIT: I found the post where the PSU schematic was posted

In the diagram that you put C8, C10, C5, C4 and C2 do not have their values ​​specified, which makes me think and doubt that the rest is correct, fortunately I still have my notes from when I dismantled my power source so I better do I myself the diagram based on it. Probably the person who made that diagram made the measurements with the components still soldered on the PCB, which is obviously not reliable, while I dismantled component by component to modify a new PCB.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 04:39:04 pm by jovan_kineas »

Offline Eula

« Reply #588 on: March 25, 2024, 09:43:29 pm »
@Eula
Have you removed the USB stick on the front?
Have you tried PyVisa and/or Linux? https://pyvisa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Thanks for the quick responses, but I comment:

@Aldo22:
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, there is nothing connected on the front USB, I have also tried on Linux Mint, without success. I'm going to try PyVisa, see if there is more luck.

I will continue to investigate and if I succeed, I will leave the results here.

Regards

Offline Eula

« Reply #589 on: March 25, 2024, 09:47:12 pm »
Zadig can take a while to install on slow computers!

Thanks for the quick responses, but I comment:

@DavidAlfa:
Same to you, thanks a lot for your great work. And yes, Zadig is installed correctly on the computer (both versions, 2.7 and 2.8). In fact, it seems that the DSO USB is recognized, but when trying to follow the steps it stops recognizing it again.
It is very frustrating.... because I have tried it on every computer I can get my hands on.....

I will continue to investigate and if I succeed, I will leave the results here.

Regards

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #590 on: March 25, 2024, 10:09:58 pm »
What are you trying to do?
Zadig and fastboot drivers are only for FEL/recovery modes!
Read the FAQ Quick Glance section, there's a working driver for Win11 from R&S.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:12:43 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Eula

« Reply #591 on: March 26, 2024, 10:05:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply David.

The only thing I want is to be able to connect the DSO to the computer to manage it from there, without further pretensions, but the problem is that no computer recognizes it.
Nor does it work with any controller (Zebra, IO, etc).
As a curious thing, I have connected it through an old USB hub and then it identifies it as a measuring instrument, but it does not install or configure it, the error is the same. It is not "usable".

I will take a look at what you propose.

Thank you very much!!!

Edit:
Sorry David,

I didn't remember doing it, but my first step, after a lot of searching and reading the thread, to try to solve the problem was to go through that section and apply the patch that was supposed to fix it (I guess you mean this entry: ""If USB is not working properly (Drive not being recognized until pressing update), apply Hantek's USB fix."), but I was unsuccessful. |O

I'm still trying to solve the problem, because as expected, Hantek has not responded and the seller just asked me for a video and says he will deal with it with his technical support. :-DD

This is my first DSO and I would like to be able to see it on the PC monitor .... my old oscilloscope is a Hameg 203 which I am particularly fond of, but it falls short, but it has never given me any problems, something that can not be said of this one.... |O
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:26:31 pm by Eula »

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #592 on: March 26, 2024, 11:18:36 pm »
I have also tried on Linux Mint, without success.
But what exactly did you try?
If you simply connect the Hantek to the Linux-PC via USB and enter "lsusb -v" in the Linux shell, don't you get something like this (among other things)?

Code: [Select]
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 049f:505e Compaq Computer Corp. DSO2D15
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x049f Compaq Computer Corp.
  idProduct          0x505e
  bcdDevice            5.02
  iManufacturer           1 undefined
  iProduct                2 DSO2D15
  iSerial                 3 CN2328029051205
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength       0x0027
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          4
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           3
      bInterfaceClass       254 Application Specific Interface
      bInterfaceSubClass      3 Test and Measurement
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
        bInterval               2

(I don't know exactly why it identifies as Vendor "Compaq")

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf