Author Topic: Thoughts on Mastech MS8050  (Read 828 times)

Offline finosTopic starter

• Contributor
Thoughts on Mastech MS8050
« on: March 08, 2022, 01:39:11 am »
Hello everyone .

Im intrested in buying a Desktop DMM.  I ran across the Mastech MS8050 and based on the specs it seems to fulfill my needs as a hobbyist/EE student .
I know it's kind of an overkill but still, I found it for around 250€ that makes it look like an "ok" deal .

I want your thoughts on this meter ,if I should or should I not buy it .

Thanks in advance .
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 01:52:25 am by finos »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
Re: Thoughts on Mastech MS8050
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:48:38 pm »
I have not used or tested it, but it looks like a fairly low end desktop meter. Precision is close to high end hand-held meters.
It is missing the 4-terminal and probably also the high-z functions from more advanced meters. It is also missing a graphical display, but that can be partially offset with the computer connection.

Generally it looks like a fairly good meter, that is a bit better than a hand-held meter for desk usage.

Note: I have played with a lot of multimeters over time: https://lygte-info.dk/info/DMMReviews.html

Offline DaleWentz

Re: Thoughts on Mastech MS8050
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 08:54:38 pm »
I have this meter, as well as an good HP and a Siglent. The Mastech is my main bench meter that I use for normal everyday things. Its fast and accurate enough for most things. I like the large display. My only gripe is that the backlight does not stay on full time. I have not took the time to open it up and fix that!  If it broke I would replace it with the exact same meter. I prefer bench meters on the bench personally over a standard hand held.

Dale

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf