Author Topic: Thrift Store Find -BK Precision 1541c and Bel-Merit MT-100  (Read 3671 times)

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
Thrift Store Find -BK Precision 1541c and Bel-Merit MT-100
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »
I was in the local GoodWill Thrift store today and sitting on the shelf with 20 yr old stereos was a BK Precision 1541c 40 MHz oscilloscope and a Bel-Merit MT-100  "All-In-One Instrument"  ::) -with triple output power supply to 50V, 0.5 amp, 2MHz Funct Gen, Frequency counter and multimeter.  Never heard of this brand before...

Anyone know where I might find manuals for these??. A quick google search and no joy...

Both seem to work fine - though in need of a bit of cleaning up.  The multimeter is a wee bit off.. :o

But for this price - I really can't complain! :-+

They'll be perfect for my boys first instruments!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:38:57 am by mtdoc »

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
Re: Thrift Store Find -BK Precision 1541c and Bel-Merit MT-100
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:11:19 am »
pretty neat, my local thrift stores never have any interesting electronics.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:34:44 am »
pretty neat, my local thrift stores never have any interesting electronics.

Mine don't either. I usually look but the only worthwhile electronics I've ever bought is the occasional power strip or cable.   I just happened to go in with my 7 yr old to find him some  elbow and knee pads for skateboarding  and found this.  The funny thing is,  the guy who works there and takes this stuff in and prices it saw me plugging them in to see if they powered up and asked me what they were -he said they both came in together.  Knowing that they could probably be sold on ebay for a few hundred bucks - it kind of felt like stealing... :-[

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:29:16 am »
Cool. That merit thi g looks like an early flavor of the tenma/metex all in ones. Good catch !
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 04:38:25 am »
Ooh, nice. I'll have to check the local ones once in a while, wouldn't want to pass that up.

My first scope was the 20 MHz version of that, actually GoldStar. It was a good one (well, besides the whole "20 MHz" thing...). I distinctly remember liking the feel of those lever switches and the push/pull switches on the knobs.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 06:39:23 am »
I distinctly remember liking the feel of those lever switches and the push/pull switches on the knobs.

Yeah, I know what you mean,  they do have a cool feel to them.  We'll see how well they hold up to a 7 year old's repetitive action.... :-BROKE

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf