Author Topic: $4 Thermocouple TM902C quality and accuracy?  (Read 10486 times)

Offline LifeRider

Re: $4 Thermocouple TM902C quality and accuracy?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 06:56:20 pm »
£85 may be not enough with free shipping. The stem is 120cm long and is the most expensive element. The K-probe is bought separately as the one included is too short. Screws are separate, etc. £69 for the early bird is definitely not enough with free shipping. I will need to sort it out, as I only have recently started getting proper quotes.

This is a very niche product. The incumbents on the market are well over £200. Plus shipping.

I'll stick to 3D printing for customisation (colour, name on the handle, etc). It's good enough and flexible. I'm not talking to manufacturers yet, as the quantities are too small. Local suppliers have stock for the quantities I need, so no contact with the source to ask questions...

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: $4 Thermocouple TM902C quality and accuracy?
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 08:28:09 pm »
Actually, yes you're right. I hadn't even noticed the free shipping, that affects things considerably. Hopefully you've sized the case to comfortably fit inside a standard cardboard postal tube or similar.

It's a shame you can't use the existing thermocouple, embedded in the tip of the probe.

Please forgive a momentary disturbance in my understanding when realising that you had gone from being a newbie trying to tweak his recently purchased TM-902C to somebody with a funding page planning to integrate this into a product in at least small volumes.

I'm not sure whether you will be able to contact the manufacturer of these things - there are several members from China on the forum who might be able to help you track them down. There is the potential for cost reduction and possible customisation if you can. Maybe a longer thermocouple cable for instance. Low initial volume may not matter if they can see a potential for increased volume later. EDIT: Worst case, you should be able to find a seller who will do you a deal on 100 or so.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:38:21 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf