Author Topic: Trigger on UART pattern  (Read 575 times)

Offline MotoDanTopic starter

• Contributor
Trigger on UART pattern
« on: June 03, 2023, 07:46:26 pm »
Hello all,

I’m in the market for a new scope which has the capability of triggering (and decoding) on a UART pattern. Like most lower entry scopes, my Rigol 2000 series scope will only allow for a single data byte for triggering. I would like to be able to trigger on a string of data. A minimum of 10-20 bytes would be nice. It doesn’t look like the Rigols or Siglents have the multi-byte trigger capability. I did find a high-end Agilent 9000 series, but they are way out of my budget which under $2k.

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
Re: Trigger on UART pattern
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 08:07:06 pm »
Hello all,

I’m in the market for a new scope which has the capability of triggering (and decoding) on a UART pattern. Like most lower entry scopes, my Rigol 2000 series scope will only allow for a single data byte for triggering. I would like to be able to trigger on a string of data. A minimum of 10-20 bytes would be nice. It doesn’t look like the Rigols or Siglents have the multi-byte trigger capability. I did find a high-end Agilent 9000 series, but they are way out of my budget which under $2k.

wouldn't take many line of code to do as an addon with cheap micro connected to ext-trig

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
  • Product Management Engineer, Rohde & Schwarz
    • Test and Measurement Fundamentals Playlist on the R&S YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 12:00:21 pm »
We actually support multi-byte UART triggering on all of our oscilloscopes, but even our entry level RTB2000 oscilloscope with the UART option (K2) lists at about 2500 USD.

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/us/products/test-and-measurement/oscilloscopes/rs-rtb2000-oscilloscope_63493-266306.html

Edit: the RTB only supports patterns up to 4 bytes.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 12:04:08 pm by pdenisowski »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline MotoDanTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 02:44:41 pm »
I thought about that and may end up with that approach in the interim. Just wanted to check if any scopes had this feature before upgrading mine.

Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf